Identified! Canada - Casselman, Ont, 'Nation River Lady' WhtFem 239UFON, 25-50, May'75 *POI charged* - Jewell Parchman Langford

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The suspense is killing me. Hopefully she gets her name soon.
I hope she has been identified as her matches are really high. I hope that she has some close living relatives to compare the DNA and to confirm her identity. I remember I have read that she did not have children, but may be she had siblings, if she had they can be around 70-80 y.o. Otherwise it can be very difficult to confirm her identity (I am not sure if dental records are kept for so long).

This is an interesting find. Did you send it in to O.P.P , great catch hoping4truth.

Just bringing this forward, as it raises a possible serial killer connection in the Nation River Lady case. I noted earlier that Calvin Hoover, who was Christine Jessop’s killer, worked as a cable TV installer and also left a coaxial TV cable with her body. The date he began in that trade is not known to me, but perhaps someone should contact Eastern Telecom to find out.

I read that and thought of this:

http://doenetwork.us/cases/93ufct.html

•Discovered on August 16, 1975 in East Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut.
•Estimated date of death: August 11, 1975.

Vital Statistics
•Estimated age: 18 - 28 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" - 5'6"; 125 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, parted in center. Brown/hazel eyes. She had pierced ears. She may have had a small mole under the chin. She possibly had comestic surgery to reduce the size of the nose.
•Dentals: Not Available. Probable orthodontic care.
•Clothing: No clothing located.
Case History
The woman’s strangled body was found by a truck driver on a rainy August 16, 1975, floating in a drainage ditch behind the former Bradlees department store on Frontage Road. She was wrapped in a canvas tarpaulin and she was gagged and bound by black antenna wire around her neck, waist and knees. Police believe she was killed somewhere else and dumped on Frontage Road. She died of asphyxiation by suffocation at least five days prior to discovery.
Dried white paint spots on the tarpaulin might indicate the murderer had connections with the painting trade.

Here's a map showing Casselman ONT, CA to East Haven CT

MAP

Could these be related?

The above entry is what I am referring to.

-Correction to my above post. No coaxial cable was reported to be left with CJ’s body (I got this confused with another case); however, Calvin Hoover did work as a cable TV installer.

Thanks for the link, it includes some good pics too!

''In the case on NRL, when her profile was uploaded to FamilyTreeDNA, it was discovered she shared a “massive” 445 centimorgan (unit of genetic measurement) of DNA with someone else in the database, likely a first cousin or one once removed, placing her “within touching distance” of being identified.

It’s been a long, lonely story for NRL. The Caucasian woman age 25-50 years, between 5’2” and 5’8” in height, average build, about 100 pounds, with brown hair dyed reddish brown was wrapped in two pieces of green cloth and two towels. Her hands and feet were bound with three neckties.

She was wearing a navy blue, long-sleeved body suit, she had an appendix scar, webbed toes, and wore partial upper and lower dentures. Her manicured nails were painted pink. Found with the body were a J-cloth, black coaxial cable — believed to have been used to strangle her — and a curtain rod runner.

A $50,000 reward has been offered for information leading to identification of NRL and her killer; a dedicated NRL tipline is still in service at 613-591-2296.''
facial-reconstruction.jpg
Seen in above photo: Reconstruction photo of the "Nation River Lady". Courtesy photo

red-tie.jpeg

Red tie found on the body of the “Nation River Lady”. Courtesy photo

Can someone explain to me what the two different approximations are combining French and Norwegian, and French, Norwegian and German?
They're approximations based on reference data if I recall correctly. The number following the @ sign is the 'genetic distance'; a lower number means it's more likely that the UID fits within those parameters. (if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me!)

Interesting, but it is a bit confusing, sounds like it, as if they called the DDP and National Police but they did not provide any information except that they are working on the case. Kind of really strange, as there is no new information from the DDP, reading the article I just thought she has been tentatively identified but the police needs time to confirm her identity or is looking for her killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back