CANADA Canada - Cedrika Provencher, 9, Trois-Rivieres, QC, 31 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
151213_uf6pk_ossements_cedrika_carte_sn635.jpg

Where her bones were found. Not sure if only her skull was discovered by the hunters.

http://quebec.huffingtonpost.ca/201...ns-laffaire-cedrika-provencher_n_8798954.html

Quebec has their own "Laboratoire de Sciences Judiciaires et de Médecine Légale".

(Think > Temp Brennan > Kathy Reichs, forensic anthropologist, author, TV series "Bones")

Thank you!

I don't watch tv so I don't know what you mean lol.

« Mon frère Martin, qui collectionne les crânes d'animaux, a bien vu qu'il n'y avait pas de crocs », dit Pascal Lanthier. « Les dents étaient sur le crâne ».

Rapidement, ils ont communiqué avec les autorités et ils n'ont touché à rien pour que la scène ne soit pas contaminée. Le trio n'a pas aperçu de vêtements sur la scène.

Translated by me: The teeth were still on the skull and they didn't see any clothing at the scene. No one touched anything to make sure the scene wasn't contaminated.

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/...couverte-ossements-chasseurs-temoignage.shtml

Thank you!

I don't watch tv so I don't know what you mean lol.

Just that the facility where she was identified is a very well-known and qualified forensic identification unit, which to my knowledge does not have any history of making gross errors in the process.

As it stands, Cedrika was forensically identified, and at this point there doesn't appear to be any reason to question the process/results unless or until such time as there might be reason to do so.

« La tête sortait du sol, j'ai l'impression que le corps a oui été déterré par les animaux, mais ça semblait brouillé autour, on voit que le sol a été remué, j'ai l'impression que les restes du corps sont à proximité », explique celui qui a aperçu les ossements.

Translated by me: The skull was partly out of the ground, I had the impression that the body had been dug up by animals, the soil was disturbed and the area around looked disturbed, I think the rest of the body is nearby.

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/...couverte-ossements-chasseurs-temoignage.shtml

oh wow, i cant believe after all these years they found her. im glad her family can now know where she is.
I wonder if the movie is still going to be released. I would be interested as I had never heard about this case, only just saw it on Facebook and came to read her thread.

There is usually always snow in December. This weather weirdness has added to how lucky it was that she was found. JMO

"Quebec's Missing Children's Network says Provencher's family does have some answers now that it knows what happened to her.

"The nightmare is far from over. We have an active murder investigation on our hands right now. For the family now, there are a lot of questions that have to be answered. (Among others), will the police be able to gather all the pertinent evidence so that the perpetrator can be accused, will face justice. We need to get this person behind bars", said exective director Pina Arcamone."

http://www.cjad.com/cjad-news-commu...for-cedrikas-family-missing-childrens-network

I remember this case like it was yesterday . I remember there being a big stink because it wasnt for like 36 hours untill they even got het picture over to the board walk police and it was kinda thought she might have made it past someone working and no one noticed .then i remember there being a huge pitt full of bones and after chrcking they turned out to be like foxes and coyotes and skunks deffenintly wierd thing to come across i remember at the time...then i remember her dad going everywhere checking through the woods in bush cabins all over trois rivers and quebec...........what are the detailes of her being found and is anyone in custody.....

http://theresaallore.com/2015/12/cedrika-provencher-our-worst-fears/
rbbm.
"The documentary filmmaker, Stephen Parent made a pitch for linking Provencher’s disappearance to the murders of several children in Quebec in 1984. I don’t know what I expected the outcome to be, but it wasn’t this. It wasn’t yesterday’s news that bones were found in some woods less than 10 miles from where the child disappeared. It wasn’t that for the past 8 years Cédrika was most likely right under everyone’s noses: that outcome seemed too much of a cliche.

Hopefully this will sort itself out into some form of satisfactory resolution. At this point, that can only mean justice. The first question everyone will want answered is, how long were the bones there? Had the remains been lying in those woods for the past 8 years, or were they placed there recently? But the broader question – Again, unfortunately – is this: who committed this crime, and had they committed similar crimes before and after March 31st, 2007?"

This perp was trolling for a little girl in the days before he took Cedrika. I have a feeling he moved from the area. I can't see someone murdering a little girl and remaining inactive for years. This has to be a pedophile. JMO

Timeline, 2009
Posting some snippets that caught my attention, fwiw.

http://globalnews.ca/news/66443/ced...-year-search-for-a-freckle-faced-quebec-girl/
rbbm.
"August 1, 2007: Quebec provincial police find Cedrika’s grey and white bicycle behind a garbage dumpster, two kilometers from where the girl was last seen.

Police look for a man whom they believed approached Cedrika, and several other young girls, claiming he needed help looking for his dog.

Sept. 6, 2007: Quebec police release descriptions of a car and man they believe are connected to the disappearance Cedrika. Police tell the public to be on the lookout for a white man with brown hair who has access to a red four-door Acura, probably manufactured between 2002 and 2004. They say the man is in his 30s.

Sept. 21, 2007: Someone calls provincial police in Quebec saying Cedrika was seen in a white car with U.S. license plates near the U.S. border. Tip leads nowhere.

I think she died that same day. Why bring her to a place so close to where she was taken if he held her, even if he did hide her in the woods?

wow thats crazy they found her that close...and they had a description of the guy and the car the guy was using the can you help me find my puppy trick and cedrika went with him her friend both were on bikes but the friend had great eye witness details i cant believe if he was that close and with the description she was able to give of the car that that they werent able to find him .clearly he was familliar to the area someone should have spoken up about thier neibhour having the same car as what the police had on the news.....I dont know i guess iam just saying and i know iam not there on the scene but i thought this could have been solved.....JMO

I think she died that same day. Why bring her to a place so close to where she was taken if he held her, even if he did hide her in the woods?
Honestly he may have gotten rid of her fast because like i stated earlier he took her while she was playing with another little girl and as soon as he did the girl ran and told her mom then she called 911 and police were on the scene and a bolo was out right away for his looks and his car he most likely panicked and got rid of her.

Yep, having a red Acura would stand out for sure. I'm not sure where that led investigators. I read in this thread that there was one man with that car who was not helpful and did not want to take a polygraph.

So did the perp move away?
Is he dead?
Is he in jail?

I can't see this being a one crime thing at all.

So July 31st 2007 was a Tuesday. The perp drives a red Acura and is described as being 30-40 years old. Did he work? Did he take the day off on Wednesday? Was he on vacation? Was he a loser who lived with his parents and didn't work like another murderer (Rafferty)?

In the "early days" there were supposed sightings of Cedrika in a car on the way to New Brunswick and in the Gaspe (pretty much the same thing). These are now looking like they were false sightings. I can't imagine that someone would snatch her, drive her east for hours, and then double back and discard her body close to where she was taken.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000
Back