CANADA Canada - Cedrika Provencher, 9, Trois-Rivieres, QC, 31 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The latest translated article posted (from Dec 2007) says they had 5 potential suspects back then FWIW. (after inspecting 800 vehicles and meeting with more than 2600 people)

:justice:

This is a tragedy. I live about 60 miles from where it happened so it hit close home. I spoke with her grandfather less than 2 weeks ago and on my way home I passed by the place where she was found, it's chilling to say the least. I can tell you that police have a suspect, they've had him for quite some time but he lawyered up and they can't talk to him. However, they may be able to find evidence near the body which will hopefully prove his involvement beyond a reasonable doubt.

Btw, if anyone needs help with the articles in French, let me know.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-death-of-cedrika-provencher/article27745271/

In reading the article, it appears they have a list of suspects

Hmmmm

Thanks for interesting article, will post this bit in the unsolved Iowa case involving 2 little girls whose remains were also found in a forest.
Prof. Crispino said it’s highly unlikely that DNA evidence would have survived the years and vagaries of weather. However, other clues could surface. The way the body was left – its position, whether it was thrown or buried – could yield signs about the killer’s behaviour or familiarity with the area. Bones could show evidence of violence that point to how she was killed.

Finally, the location of the body could help trace the killer’s access route into the forest. Police would then use the information when interrogating their list of suspects

151213_uf6pk_ossements_cedrika_carte_sn635.jpg

Where her bones were found. Not sure if only her skull was discovered by the hunters.

http://quebec.huffingtonpost.ca/201...ns-laffaire-cedrika-provencher_n_8798954.html

Here is a map of other cases: http://theresaallore.com/2015/12/cedrika-provencher-probe-ramped-up-after-remains-found/

Finally, see this; the similarities between Provencher and an earlier case of Claudette Poirier are striking.

Poirier was 15 when she disappeared from Drummondville on July 27, 1977. Like Provencher, she went missing on her bicycle. Like Provencher, she was missing a long time, and many believed she was still alive.

Finally like Provencher, her remains were discovered nearly a decade later in a wooded area in Sainte Cyrille (skull recovered by two hunters). Her bike was recovered less than 1/2 a kilometer from the place of her disappearance.

Drummundville / Sainte Cyrille is 50 miles from Trois Rivieres

Curiously, the investigation was led by the Trois Rivieres detachment of the Surete du Quebec’s investigative bureau. I have included the autopsy report: http://theresaallore.com/2015/12/cedrika-provencher-claudette-poirier/

These girls went missing 30 years and 3 days apart too!

Un-mc-real!

Thanks for sharing John...Were there any suspects in Claudette's case? Or a suspected vehicle?

This is a tragedy. I live about 60 miles from where it happened so it hit close home. I spoke with her grandfather less than 2 weeks ago and on my way home I passed by the place where she was found, it's chilling to say the least. I can tell you that police have a suspect, they've had him for quite some time but he lawyered up and they can't talk to him. However, they may be able to find evidence near the body which will hopefully prove his involvement beyond a reasonable doubt.

Btw, if anyone needs help with the articles in French, let me know.

Welcome Tarik! Is the suspect the one who had his car cleaned and stored and did not want to do a polygraph test?

These girls went missing 30 years and 3 days apart too!

Un-mc-real!

Thanks for sharing John...Were there any suspects in Claudette's case? Or a suspected vehicle?

The information I provided is all that exists. I had to find it by making public records requests. Claudette has been completely forgotten. Prove me wrong but I believe if you Google her you will come up empty or back to my site.

I found the case an anomaly / curiosity until Provencher was found, then certain pieces fit together.

Simply some correlations police should look into. I have submitted it to my contact at the Surete du Quebec in Montreal (headquarters). I think at the executive level the SQ does a good job (eventually), it's in the field offices where trouble exists. They always seem to stumble out of the gate in the initial weeks of investigation.

Acura owner remains main suspect in Cedrika case: Report
3 mins ago

http://www.cjad.com/cjad-news-crime...r-remains-main-suspect-in-cedrika-case-report

--- tracked down in the days after Cedrika disappeared, described as a man in his 30's, refused a polygraph, hired a lawyer...

:thinking:

I read that his car was checked and nothing was found but he had cleaned it. This car is a sports car right? I wonder why it was stored? Was he interviewed in winter? I thought he was tracked down in the days after her disappearance. Very strange IMO. He may be unrelated to all of this but if LE is saying he is the main suspect than he should cooperate. I wonder if he still lives in the area?

Welcome Tarik! Is the suspect the one who had his car cleaned and stored and did not want to do a polygraph test?

Thank you. :)

Yes, the suspect is the one who cleaned his car, lawyered up and refused a polygraph test. Cedrika's grandfather knows his identity and so do the police. He still lives in Trois-Rivières where Cédrika is from and where she went missing.

Acura owner remains main suspect in Cedrika case: Report
3 mins ago

http://www.cjad.com/cjad-news-crime...r-remains-main-suspect-in-cedrika-case-report

--- tracked down in the days after Cedrika disappeared, described as a man in his 30's, refused a polygraph, hired a lawyer...

:thinking:

The thing about the suspect behind Cedrika's murder being in his 30's now is the only thing that I find inaccurate for the moment. If we believe Stephan Parent, the film producer of several crime documentaries in Québec, the suspect behind Cédrika's murder is now in his 50's, he could also be involved in several unsolved murders and disappearances of children in the Montréal area that go back as far as 1984 with several happening in the 1990's also.

The point where Stephen Parent and I part company (and he knows this because I've expressed it to him) is his instance on pushing one unifying theory of a single predator roaming Quebec for a period of 30 - 40 years responsible for 20-30 murders.

That's too convenient. It provokes interest and fear (and a lot of media attention), but is not consistent with the facts.

What is far more probable (and more terrifying) is systemic failures at the government and law enforcement levels that allow for these crimes to persist: so a series of murders committed by a few individuals who have learned that the system does not really care about these victims, so they are allowed to continue to commit these crimes because they know they can get away with it.

#Cedrika: according to the Journal de Quebec the site where the skull was found had been searched previously:

Le secteur où les ossements de Cédrika Provencher ont été trouvés avait été fouillé après sa disparition

It is unclear whether the police conducted the search or whether it was supervised by the local search and rescue group, Quebec Secours. This means one of three things: 1. They did a poor job searching the first time. 2. She was originally well hid. 3. She wasn't there originally.

The thing about the suspect behind Cedrika's murder being in his 30's now is the only thing that I find inaccurate for the moment. If we believe Stephan Parent, the film producer of several crime documentaries in Québec, the suspect behind Cédrika's murder is now in his 50's, he could also be involved in several unsolved murders and disappearances of children in the Montréal area that go back as far as 1984 with several happening in the 1990's also.

BBM above....I took it that he was in his 30's when interviewed in 2007, but perception is always interesting ;)

Thanks for being here Tarik and for your local view :)

BBM above....I took it that he was in his 30's when interviewed in 2007, but perception is always interesting ;)

Thanks for being here Tarik and for your local view :)

No problem. Could be, I'm in no one way suggesting that I have the ultimate truth, I'm willing to be wrong. Either way, things will evolve quickly from now on, I think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back