CANADA Canada - Cedrika Provencher, 9, Trois-Rivieres, QC, 31 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
#Cedrika: according to the Journal de Quebec the site where the skull was found had been searched previously:

Le secteur où les ossements de Cédrika Provencher ont été trouvés avait été fouillé après sa disparition

It is unclear whether the police conducted the search or whether it was supervised by the local search and rescue group, Quebec Secours. This means one of three things: 1. They did a poor job searching the first time. 2. She was originally well hid. 3. She wasn't there originally.

They probably did a poor job searching the first time but I'll leave it to other journalists and the Sûreté du Québec to find proof of that.

Thank you. :)

Yes, the suspect is the one who cleaned his car, lawyered up and refused a polygraph test. Cedrika's grandfather knows his identity and so do the police. He still lives in Trois-Rivières where Cédrika is from and where she went missing.

Tarik, If I may ask where do you live in QC? (who are you?). I'm pretty open about me (but that's just me). I am John Allore. I used to live in Quebec. My sister was murdered in Quebec (unsolved). I currently live in North Carolina. Thank you!

The point where Stephen Parent and I part company (and he knows this because I've expressed it to him) is his instance on pushing one unifying theory of a single predator roaming Quebec for a period of 30 - 40 years responsible for 20-30 murders.

That's too convenient. It provokes interest and fear (and a lot of media attention), but is not consistent with the facts.

What is far more probable (and more terrifying) is systemic failures at the government and law enforcement levels that allow for these crimes to persist: so a series of murders committed by a few individuals who have learned that the system does not really care about these victims, so they are allowed to continue to commit these crimes because they know they can get away with it.

Welcome John. I read your blog/website a few years ago. You are a wonderful advocate for your sister. Her murder is a devastating story. (I'll have to refresh my memory of the details.) I find your comments above to be compelling.

Have you heard about the murders of young people in London Ontario back in the 1960s and 1970s? The exact theory you propose is the one proposed by Dr. Michael Arntfeld in the London cases in his book, Murder City, that was just released this year. In the book he hypothesizes that because there were a couple of serial killers wandering the streets and getting away with murder, that it inspired others. Clearly, in the London cases there WAS more than one serial murderer involved (as two of them are sitting in Penetanguishene for their "crimes"), another murderer did his time in prison, and another, known to LE, died and was never charged. And, other murders remain unsolved.

I find it difficult to believe that all of these Quebec cases are due to one perpetrator.

Thanks again for posting here!

Tarik, If I may ask where do you live in QC? (who are you?). I'm pretty open about me (but that's just me). I am John Allore. I used to live in Quebec. My sister was murdered in Quebec (unsolved). I currently live in North Carolina. Thank you!

I'm an investigative reporter and journalist, I look at missing person cases. I won't tell exactly where I live because I'm working on a high-profile case right now and I don't want to give out too much but all I can say is that I'm fairly familiar with the Cédrika Provencher case because it happened close to where I live.

In an interview with one of the hunters who found Cedrika, he said her skull was in the ground about 1.5 inches. I will try to find the link again.

John is there a thread here at WS for your sisters unsolved murder....if not, we should start one.

So glad you are here and willing to share with us.

Hoping for :justice: for your sister and all who love & undoubtedly miss her.

John is there a thread here at WS for your sisters unsolved murder....if not, we should start one.

So glad you are here and willing to share with us.

Hoping for :justice: for your sister and all who love & undoubtedly miss her.

Theresa's thread can be found here, in the cold cases section. I agree with everything you've said - thanks for being here, John! I hope your family, Cedrika's and the above-mentioned victims find answers and justice for their loved ones.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...a-Allore-murdered-in-Compton-QC-November-1978

This new La Presse article states that after 8 years, it's still the same suspect.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/j...encher-huit-ans-plus-tard-le-meme-suspect.php

Yes, they knew it was him since day one. I remember reading a news article back in 2007 with a quote from Cédrika's father saying "nous avons un suspect dans la mire" meaning "we have a suspect in sight". Law enforcement need to find something incriminating at the crime scene, otherwise it will be very hard to arrest him because he has lawyered up and won't be cooperating with the authorities.

Une source a indiqué à La Presse que la Sûreté du Québec (SQ) possède pour le moment uniquement le crâne de la fillette, découvert vendredi par des chasseurs dans une forêt située à 12 kilomètres de la maison familiale. Une autre source a toutefois confié que les policiers auraient trouvé d'autres éléments, sans préciser lesquels.

Translated by me: a source has told La Press that more of Cedrika has been found, exactly what has not been disclosed.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/j...encher-huit-ans-plus-tard-le-meme-suspect.php

I would love to know who this POI is. Hopefully LE will have what they need soon to put a case together and make an arrest. The snow will likely not hold off for too much longer.

Welcome John. I read your blog/website a few years ago. You are a wonderful advocate for your sister. Her murder is a devastating story. (I'll have to refresh my memory of the details.) I find your comments above to be compelling.

Have you heard about the murders of young people in London Ontario back in the 1960s and 1970s? The exact theory you propose is the one proposed by Dr. Michael Arntfeld in the London cases in his book, Murder City, that was just released this year. In the book he hypothesizes that because there were a couple of serial killers wandering the streets and getting away with murder, that it inspired others. Clearly, in the London cases there WAS more than one serial murderer involved (as two of them are sitting in Penetanguishene for their "crimes"), another murderer did his time in prison, and another, known to LE, died and was never charged. And, other murders remain unsolved.

I find it difficult to believe that all of these Quebec cases are due to one perpetrator.

That is incredible, and no, I had not heard about this.

I am glad to post here. In fact I am on the brink of posting all information I possess about these Quebec crimes on WebSleuths in hopes that many eyes can solve what my eyes have not been able to put together, but I need some guideance from you who have been here for a while: what would be the best way to do that? I am talking over 1,000 documents I have in my possession: crime scene photos, police reports, coroner reports: all of it public information. How might I best put that forward in an organized fashion? Any suggestions are welcome. If the answer is permissions with Google docs, lets do it. I'm fed up. I need help. WE need help with all of this.

That is incredible, and no, I had not heard about this.

I am glad to post here. In fact I am on the brink of posting all information I possess about these Quebec crimes on WebSleuths in hopes that many eyes can solve what my eyes have not been able to put together, but I need some guideance from you who have been here for a while: what would be the best way to do that? I am talking over 1,000 documents I have in my possession: crime scene photos, police reports, coroner reports: all of it public information. How might I best put that forward in an organized fashion? Any suggestions are welcome. If the answer is permissions with Google docs, lets do it. I'm fed up. I need help. WE need help with all of this.

I'm not sure I would completely let loose quite yet. I would suggest looking to the mods for advice.
Sillybilly, are your here? (Someone I admire.)

I would love to know who this POI is. Hopefully LE will have what they need soon to put a case together and make an arrest. The snow will likely not hold off for too much longer.

Two weeks ago, I asked the grandfather about the POI but that was before the discovery of her remains. He said he knew the name and the identity of the person but that he wasn't going to tell me anything which is totally understandable.

This is the link Snoopster is referring to.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ung-people-in-London-Ontario-in-the-1960s-70s
"CANADA - Unsolved murders of young people in London, Ontario in the 1960s-70s "

Two weeks ago, I asked the grandfather about the POI but that was before the discovery of her remains. He said he knew the name and the identity of the person but that he wasn't going to tell me anything which is totally understandable.

I thanked Johnallore, but not you! Welcome to this thread Tarik. We all appreciate your insights.
Please share what you can.

Snoop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9