Found Deceased Canada - Chelsea Poorman, 24, Vancouver, 7 Sep 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Empirical_Scientist

Reaction score
Poorman, a Cree woman, is missing since 7 September 2020, last seen in Vancouver, BC: VPD looking for missing female | Vancouver Police Department.

VPD said:
  • Ms. Poorman is Indigenous
  • 5’3″ tall
  • 120 lbs.
  • black hair.
  • She was last seen wearing a grey sweater, a black crop top, black jeans, and brown boots.
  • She was carrying a beige purse.

According to https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/chelsea-poorman-missing-woman-vancouver-1.5946304, Poorman's mother states Poorman "met up with a new man after she spent the evening with her sister" after leaving "an apartment at Granville and Davie streets around midnight on Sept. 6."

A few FB accounts, such as Chels Poorman and Chelsea Poorman, but not much public info there. She was quite active on social media, according to a Dec 2020 CBC article three months into Poorman's disappearance, also depicting a selfie with Poorman's sister at the night of Poorman's disappearance: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-missing-woman-chelsea-poorman-1.5854728: "There have been no signs of her since — no indication her phone was used for any other calls or texts, and no sightings. Poorman has since turned 25 years old. It's unusual for her not to be in contact with her family or active on social media".

Concerning is Poorman's last phone conversation with her sister:
The sisters spoke by phone after (Poorman left near midnight).

"She's just like, 'leave me alone, I'm with my new bae ("babe")'".

"And I was like, 'Chelsea who's there, where are you?' And she still didn't say anything and hung up on me."

One wonders whom Poorman was missing, likely a male.

Possibly also known as Chelsea Kiernan, according to this alternate FB profile: Chelsea Kiernan.

In fact, in this profile, one finds Poorman's last post on the morning of Sept 7, the midnight of which she disappeared. From the comments in that post, it looks like she was getting ready to go clubbing on Granville later that night and that she appears to be single. However, in her last phone call to her sister prior to disappearing, she claimed she was with her "babe".

Possibly also known as Chelsea Kiernan, according to this alternate FB profile: Chelsea Kiernan.

In fact, in this profile, one finds Poorman's last post on the morning of Sept 7, the midnight of which she disappeared. From the comments in that post, it looks like she was getting ready to go clubbing on Granville later that night and that she appears to be single. However, in her last phone call to her sister prior to disappearing, she claimed she was with her "babe".

JMO - Lots of thirsty comments on that fb. I hope LE are looking at it. Heartbreaking :(

March 19 2021
Family of missing woman marching in Downtown Vancouver Friday - NEWS 1130
chelseapoorman2-e1616181632760-1.jpg

Chelsea Poorman was last seen in Downtown Vancouver on Sept. 7, 2020. (Photo courtesy: Sheila Poorman)

''Chelsea was 24 when she was last seen on Granville St. in Downtown Vancouver.

Her mother, Sheila, hopes to bring attention to her daughter’s disappearance with an organized walk through Downtown Vancouver on Friday. The march starts at 3:30 p.m. at Davie and Granville Streets and will make its way to Victory Park. Along the way, participants are putting up posters of Chelsea, hoping to jog someone’s memory.

“She’s very kind-hearted. She’s an animal lover. She will go out of her way to help another person,” Sheila said.''
chelseapoorman-577x1024.jpg

Chelsea Poorman was last seen in Downtown Vancouver on Sept. 7, 2020. (Photo courtesy: Sheila Poorman)
''Chelsea had just moved to the Vancouver area last July to seek some help for her mental health and to better her life, according to her mother.''

Family of Chelsea Poorman offers $10K reward for information
Mar 23, 2021

Over 200 supporters joined the family of missing 25-year-old Chelsea Poorman and shut down a busy downtown Vancouver intersection — where Poorman was last seen on Sept. 6, 2020 just after midnight. [Snip] “If you do know any information if you do know where Chelsea is — I ask you to come forward phone the tip line you can be anonymous. We just need her home, we need her home with us,” she says. The family has fundraised and have a $10,000 reward for any information leading to her whereabouts.

https://www.aptnnews.ca/national-ne...honour-missing-and-murdered-indigenous-women/

Snipped by me for focus:

Sheila Poorman’s Chelsea Poorman, 25, went missing Sept. 7, 2020 after going out with her sister for a night on the town in downtown Vancouver. They got separated and the last thing Chelsea told her sister on the phone was that she met a new boy. Then her phone was turned off. She hasn’t been heard from since.

“I made the missing person’s report September 8th the Vancouver police department did not put her in the media until about ten days later they did not check the video surveillance or the cameras in that area which was so disturbing because they lost a lot of time and they lost a lot of footage that could’ve helped,” Poorman told the crowd.

The Butterflies in Spirit dance group was wearing the picture of April Parisian. The 45 yeear old went missing in April 2020 near Spuzzum, B.C.

Police believe she may have met with foul play and has not been found.

The entire dance group has a missing or murdered family member.

April 30 2021 rbbm.
Father moves into van to search Western Canada for missing daughter
''VANCOUVER (CityNews) — A Vancouver father desperate to find his missing daughter has been living in his van and driving around Western Canada for the past three months trying to find her.

Chelsea Poorman was 24 when she was last seen in Vancouver on Sept. 6, 2020. She left an apartment at Granville and Davie streets around midnight, and hasn’t been seen since. Poorman had just moved to the city from Saskatoon to be with her sister. She’s described as having round cheeks, friendly brown eyes, and a noticeable limp.

Her dad, Michael Kiernan, says he couldn’t sit back and wait for her to be found any longer. So, for the past three months, he’s driven from Saskatchewan to Alberta, and back to B.C. handing out flyers and asking people if they’ve seen Poorman.

“We love her so much and she is so missed,” he says.''

He wants people to understand that his daughter is more than just a face on a poster, that she is loved and missed.

“She’s kind, she’s curious, she’s polite. She does have her issues with addiction and alcohol. But through it all — through everything this kid has been through — she has pulled through time and time again. And she’s got so much strength. She’s just always been a beautiful kid,” he says.

Kiernan has a message for anyone who might know something about his daughter’s whereabouts.
“Please come forward, absolutely please come forward,” he says through tears.''

April 30 2021 rbbm.
Father moves into van to search Western Canada for missing daughter
''VANCOUVER (CityNews) — A Vancouver father desperate to find his missing daughter has been living in his van and driving around Western Canada for the past three months trying to find her.

Chelsea Poorman was 24 when she was last seen in Vancouver on Sept. 6, 2020. She left an apartment at Granville and Davie streets around midnight, and hasn’t been seen since. Poorman had just moved to the city from Saskatoon to be with her sister. She’s described as having round cheeks, friendly brown eyes, and a noticeable limp.

Her dad, Michael Kiernan, says he couldn’t sit back and wait for her to be found any longer. So, for the past three months, he’s driven from Saskatchewan to Alberta, and back to B.C. handing out flyers and asking people if they’ve seen Poorman.

“We love her so much and she is so missed,” he says.''

He wants people to understand that his daughter is more than just a face on a poster, that she is loved and missed.

“She’s kind, she’s curious, she’s polite. She does have her issues with addiction and alcohol. But through it all — through everything this kid has been through — she has pulled through time and time again. And she’s got so much strength. She’s just always been a beautiful kid,” he says.

Kiernan has a message for anyone who might know something about his daughter’s whereabouts.
“Please come forward, absolutely please come forward,” he says through tears.''
Heartbreaking. I’d like to hear an update from LE.

Heartbreaking indeed. I really think the government needs to dive deeper into the issue of Missing and Murdered Indigenous people, specifically women. If a bunch of blonde, blue-eyed Swedish-Canadians started disappearing without a trace, I think we'd be looking into the possibility of a serial killer. Instead these cases are dismissed as domestic violence or runaways or other options informed by unsavoury opinions. JMO. Hoping for her return to her family.

Does anyone know what she did for work? Some of the pictures on her FB have me fairly concerned, only because I had friends that engaged in slightly risky activities in Vancouver. Login • Instagram fair amount of guns on one of her instas
That instagram doesn't seem to be one she uses anymore, still says she is 18. Her new account has no guns that I saw from a quick glance. Might be a case of hanging out with the wrong people, getting into things she shouldn't have, but I don't want to dismiss anything or make assumptions based on what kind of employment or social life she may have participated in.. So sad, she's clearly missed. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back