Found Deceased Canada - Dan Archbald, 37, & Ryan Daley, 43, Ucluelet, Bc, 16 May 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sucking wind here. I expected this outcome, but it still isn't easy. I can't possibly imagine what the family is going through.

Dan and Ryan, you didn't deserve this, no matter the events that transpired. To Dan and Ryan's family, I hold you tight in an embrace. I wish I could take away even a small part of your pain.

:(

I figured it had to be them-- but it's terrible news all the same.

Still, now it's time to figure out what happened to them. <modsnip: removed internet rumor>

Are PIs a thing in Canada?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sucking wind here. I expected this outcome, but it still isn't easy. I can't possibly imagine what the family is going through.

Dan and Ryan, you didn't deserve this, no matter the events that transpired. To Dan and Ryan's family, I hold you tight in an embrace. I wish I could take away even a small part of your pain.

Dear Snoopster,

I feel and share your genuine compassion and caring at the loss of these two men who meant the world to their loved ones.

The news last night felt like a punch to the gut. I was hoping for answers for the families and knew it was important for the people who live on the Island, yet not knowing let me keep a tiny bit of a string of hope for their loved ones.

Unfortunately I don't figure any of Dan's or Ryan's belongings or bags were found there.

I have the feeling that only their remains were left there.

I can only hope that the police can find clues that lead to the actual crime scene and arrest the horrid persons who did this.

Also I believe the perps knew there was no surveillance in the parking lot.

One of you mentioned organized crime was involved and I wonder if this is what happened.

It's all so horrible.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't figure any of Dan's or Ryan's belongings or bags were found there.

I have the feeling that only their remains were left there.

I can only hope that the police can find clues that lead to the actual crime scene and arrest the horrid persons who did this.

Also I believe the perps knew there was no surveillance in the parking lot.

One of you mentioned organized crime was involved and I wonder if this is what happened.

It's all so horrible.
IT IS HORRENDOUS!!!
Of note, RCMP handed this over to another unit early in investigation.
I believe a special crimes units. I will find the correct name.

It is terrible news

No information has been released or discovered about where the remains were found, however we do know they were found by a woman walking her dog. I speculate she took her dog somewhere where it could run around off-leash, and the dog was the one that found them. It's a terrible, shocking result of what seemed to me a benign case of mis-communication or getting lost, at first. But I feel it's far better for the families to know they are dead, and be able to mourn them, rather than have the remains continue to lay undiscovered somewhere. So thank you to that woman and her dog.

But I feel it's far better for the families to know they are dead, and be able to mourn them, rather than have the remains continue to lay undiscovered somewhere. So thank you to that woman and her dog.

I agree. Obviously the hope was to find them safe, but since they are dead it is better for the family to know than to keep wondering.

Satchie I think you are right re the dog being off leash, it would have been able to get into thick undergrowth that perhaps a searcher couldn't. I cannot help thinking that the whole thing feels whatever happened was planned and not just a chance encounter. I don't think the bodies were meant to be found for sometime.

Sincere condolences to their families and friends. May you find comfort and support in each other and your communities.

Hopefully there will be answers and justice soon.

Also a thanks to WS for sticking to the facts, unlike the Facebook group for Ben’s disappearance which is just circulating rumours and making fun of people involved. Truly sickened by the reckless words.

RCMP statement:

B.C. RCMP - Remains of Two Men Identified

Vancouver Island investigators say two B.C. sailors’ deaths not random

[...]

The major crime unit said their deaths were not random incidents.

Insp. Dave Hall said positively identifying Daley, who was 43, and Archbald, who was 37, was a significant step in the investigation and officers can now focus on finding who killed them.

Hall said there is no evidence at this time to suggest the case is connected to the disappearance of Ben Kilmer, 41, who vanished from the Duncan area at the same time.

Investigators are in contact with the families of all three men and working to determine what has happened to them, he said.

[...]

Police treating case of Ryan Daley and Daniel Archbald as homicide | Indo-Canadian Voice
Hall cautioned that the widespread use of social media and the internet as sources of information risks drawing linkages that do not exist, or spreading false information that becomes increasingly difficult for police to untangle in their investigation. He said the police investigations in both of these cases are active and ongoing.
Hall aded that the very nature of criminal investigations, and any resulting prosecutions, requires that the investigation not be conducted in the public arena. Dedicated investigators are actively following up on both investigations and will share details when they are able.

Vancouver Island investigators say two B.C. sailors’ deaths not random

[...]

The major crime unit said their deaths were not random incidents.

Insp. Dave Hall said positively identifying Daley, who was 43, and Archbald, who was 37, was a significant step in the investigation and officers can now focus on finding who killed them.

Hall said there is no evidence at this time to suggest the case is connected to the disappearance of Ben Kilmer, 41, who vanished from the Duncan area at the same time.
Not random at all.......so very sad.
They (murderers) saying murderers because they were two of them...:(
As I said earlier, someone knew they had returned....
Did they have anything with them - who knows?
I believe the murderers 'did' know, or had reason to believe they had something worth murdering them for.
So much sadness for those left behind.

Investigators are in contact with the families of all three men and working to determine what has happened to them, he said.

[...]

This is only my opinion. I have thought that perhaps Dan and Ryan were victims of organized crime because of mistaken identity.

Criminals may have thought Dan and Ryan were someone else - perhaps the perps even thought they were picking up two different guys when they showed up to offer a ride.

We may never know.

Wife fears foul play in mysterious case of men who vanished in Ucluelet

“... snipped...
"She said family has heard of no new leads save the discovery of articles of clothing and a pill bottle that could belong to Dan."

"We've searched the area where those things were found extensively," she said. "Police searched with dogs and our team of helpers searched it extensively and we found absolutely nothing."”

Hello Sjm_qc,

I've bolded the line (above) from the news article you posted earlier.

The police have not discussed the "discovery of articles of clothing and a pill bottle that could belong to Dan."

Hopefully these articles (if linked to Dan and Ryan) can provide DNA of the monsters who did this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90
Back