Found Deceased Canada - Dan Archbald, 37, & Ryan Daley, 43, Ucluelet, Bc, 16 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think absolutely police have to investigate the possibility there was a drug smuggling motive. Whether they have any strong evidence in that direction is the question mark for me.

Per the MSM article posted by @cybervampira, both the RCMP and the US DEA may think there is. But I concur that the idea of the two men smuggling pot, of all things, into British Colombia is kind of funny. It would be kind of like smuggling pot into Humboldt County, I guess. No, if they were smuggling something from Central/South America it was likely cocaine. I honestly hope those two weren't stupid enough to have that (drug smuggling) as their new "business venture" but you know, people do all sorts of things for money and thrills.

I think that maybe DEA is going after the bigger fish. And they know who they are and just connecting the dots. I don't think it's pot either

The dogs must have hit upon something on the boat. Here's my speculation. Is it possible for a smaller boat to off-load the sailboat? I didn't see anywhere that were cameras on the harbor just on the docks. Because even if those duffle bags were a good size, I don't see them big enough to carry a payload. I think Dan and Ryan were supposed to leave the sailboat unattended for a couple days to have it off-loaded with whatever what was on there. And then Dan and Ryan became collateral damage.

JMO

I think that maybe DEA is going after the bigger fish. And they know who they are and just connecting the dots. I don't think it's pot either

The dogs must have hit upon something on the boat. Here's my speculation. Is it possible for a smaller boat to off-load the sailboat? I didn't see anywhere that were cameras on the harbor just on the docks. Because even if those duffle bags were a good size, I don't see them big enough to carry a payload. I think Dan and Ryan were supposed to leave the sailboat unattended for a couple days to have it off-loaded with whatever what was on there. And then Dan and Ryan became collateral damage.

JMO

RBBM for focus

In a case from 2010, “police found 1,000 kilos of cocaine hidden on a beach near Port Hardy that had been smuggled from Panama aboard a sailboat called the Huntress. Two men were convicted and sentenced to 16 years.”
Cocaine and yacht seized off west coast of Vancouver Island (updated)

There appears to be quite a few beaches in and around Ucluelet: Beaches

The same article also talks about a case from 2014:

“Police seized 30 kilograms of cocaine and a 20-metre yacht off the west coast of Vancouver Island earlier this month.

RCMP Staff Sgt. Duncan Pound said that two Vancouver Island men connected to the boat were arrested ‘on land’ on Sept. 2 with the cocaine. They have now been released, pending charges being approved by federal prosecutors. Their names are not being released.

The drug investigation began after ‘reports of suspicious circumstances surrounding the MV Cedar Spirit off the Estevan Lighthouse,’ Pound said.

The lighthouse is about 50 kilometres north of Tofino.

[SBM]

Drug smugglers have used the rugged coastlines of Vancouver Island for years.” (all BBM)

It’s about a 40-minute drive from Tofino to Ucluelet: Google Maps

Well huh...I did a quick cocaine "101" and 1 kilo weights about 2.2 pounds. It can be purchased in Colombia for about $1,800.00 with a street value of up to $20,000.00- $30,000.00. Peru is cheaper than Colombia.

So just for grins and giggles I did 50 kilos @ $1,800.00 = $90,000.00 (cost) then I went with 50 kilos @ $25,000 = $1,250,000.00 (street value).

50 kilos comes out to a little over 110 pounds so I guess it is doable for each guy to carry 55 pounds out. But who knew what they had? I'm not saying it was coke I guess I answered my own question on a small pay-load. After digging a little more (geez I hope my computer doesn't get confiscated - Lucy you got some 'splaining to do) the reason for the make-up is transportation costs.

ETA: I didn't provide links because I don't they are allowed but if you Goggle cocaine prices it brings up a lot of info and you all can share a jail cell with me!

After digging a little more (geez I hope my computer doesn't get confiscated - Lucy you got some 'splaining to do) the reason for the make-up is transportation costs.

ETA: I didn't provide links because I don't they are allowed but if you Goggle cocaine prices it brings up a lot of info and you all can share a jail cell with me!

No, I believe you. Thanks for taking one for the team! ;)

RBBM for focus

In a case from 2010, “police found 1,000 kilos of cocaine hidden on a beach near Port Hardy that had been smuggled from Panama aboard a sailboat called the Huntress. Two men were convicted and sentenced to 16 years.”
Cocaine and yacht seized off west coast of Vancouver Island (updated)

There appears to be quite a few beaches in and around Ucluelet: Beaches

The same article also talks about a case from 2014:

“Police seized 30 kilograms of cocaine and a 20-metre yacht off the west coast of Vancouver Island earlier this month.

RCMP Staff Sgt. Duncan Pound said that two Vancouver Island men connected to the boat were arrested ‘on land’ on Sept. 2 with the cocaine. They have now been released, pending charges being approved by federal prosecutors. Their names are not being released.

The drug investigation began after ‘reports of suspicious circumstances surrounding the MV Cedar Spirit off the Estevan Lighthouse,’ Pound said.

The lighthouse is about 50 kilometres north of Tofino.

[SBM]

Drug smugglers have used the rugged coastlines of Vancouver Island for years.” (all BBM)

It’s about a 40-minute drive from Tofino to Ucluelet: Google Maps

You might have something there.

I live across the country (USA - East Coast) and we have our share of monsters, however, we have them here. I'm taking one for the the team, I want to take one for the victim.

The above link took me to an article from Jun. 13. I was able to find another article by the same publication dated yesterday as follows:

“America’s Drug Enforcement Administration is assisting the RCMP’s investigation into the homicide of Ryan Daley and Dan Archbald, according to DEA Special Agent Jodie Underwood.

In an email to the Westerly News on Monday, Underwood confirmed that the DEA is assisting the investigation, but said she could not speak to the capacity of the DEA’s involvement.

[SBM]

RCMP spokesperson Sgt. Janelle Shoihet declined to comment on the DEA’s involvement in the investigation, but said it is ‘not uncommon’ for police to engage or consult with domestic and international partners in order to move an investigation forward.

[SBM]

DEA spokesperson Wade Sparks also declined to provide specifics, but said the DEA has offices in Canada and often works with RCMP.

‘We work with RCMP everyday. That doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re working on this particular case,’ he said. ‘DEA working with counterparts in a foreign country, where we have an office, is very common and it’s the reason we’re there.’

He added that the DEA would not be involved in a homicide investigation.

‘Just to be clear, DEA does not investigate murders,’ he said. ‘We stay in our lane, which is drug crimes. That’s where we stay. We don’t investigate homicides. We’re never going to be an agency that’s going to solve a murder…That’s not something that we would be even attempting to do. It’s not our lane.’

[SBM]” (BBM)
https://www.westerlynews.ca/news/dea-confirms-involvement-in-rcmps-ucluelet-homicide-investigation/

Please think about their journey, where they were, I believe it would be naive to think that this was the case.
This is not about whether or not people on websleuths are naive. It's about two young men, with no previous hint of drugs in their past, who are now dead, who ought to be treated with respect for the sake of their families, and receive the basic human right of being regarded as innocent until proven guilty.

Websleuths is supposed to be a crime solving forum based on detection and research of what is known to be true, and not a site for baseless innuendo, and self-gratification through guessing "right".

There's been plenty of cases, usually the killing of women, when I am quite sure the husband or boyfriend did it, but I don't state that directly because I'm also aware it's just my speculation, I don't know anything about the particular circumstances, and I could be wrong.

This is not about whether or not people on websleuths are naive. It's about two young men, with no previous hint of drugs in their past, who are now dead, who ought to be treated with respect for the sake of their families, and receive the basic human right of being regarded as innocent until proven guilty.

Websleuths is supposed to be a crime solving forum based on detection and research of what is known to be true, and not a site for baseless innuendo, and self-gratification through guessing "right".

There's been plenty of cases, usually the killing of women, when I am quite sure the husband or boyfriend did it, but I don't state that directly because I'm also aware it's just my speculation, I don't know anything about the particular circumstances, and I could be wrong.
I am not saying any sleuther is naive. I am saying that to believe the men are schoolboy innocents is not entertaining the scenario.

Please think about their journey, where they were, I believe it would be naive to think that this was the case.

I am thinking about it, I am thinking about everything, and like I had written, is there not a slim chance they went there with good intentions, to buy this boat they needed to start their business, and unbeknownst to them, they ended up being unaware drug mules? Anything is possible. Things are not always as they "seem" particularly when we don't have very many details. There's nothing wrong with thinking outside of the box. I personally feel that to not consider a multitude of possibilities is "naive."

I am thinking about it, I am thinking about everything, and like I had written, is there not a slim chance they went there with good intentions, to buy this boat they needed to start their business, and unbeknownst to them, they ended up being unaware drug mules? Anything is possible. Things are not always as they "seem" particularly when we don't have very many details. There's nothing wrong with thinking outside of the box. I personally feel that to not consider a multitude of possibilities is "naive."
If they were unaware, there is no motive to kill them.

If they were on a cruise to get their boat, (from Panama...??) to come back and be targeted, and shot in the back of the head...........my thought would be.......why were they murdered? hmmm...just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back