Recovered/Located Canada - Daniel Lockyer, 27, from Ireland, missing in St.John’s, NL., 23 July 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
RNC searching for missing U.K. man in St. John’s | The Telegram
TEL-WEB-28072018-Daniel_Lockyer_large.png

U.K. man Daniel Lockyer is believed to be in St. John's. - Contributed
St. John’s, N.L. —The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary is seeking the public’s help to locate missing person Daniel Lockyer.

On Friday the RNC received a missing person report concerning 27-year-old Lockyer.
Lockyer is originally from the United Kingdom and was last seen in Cork, Ireland, on July 23, 2018. It is believed that Lockyer has travelled to, and may be staying in the area of St. John’s.

This feels... “odd”... :(
Was unsure as to how frame the missing thread title, but it seems he is originally from UK, made his way to Cork and then for some reason, is believed to be in Canada.
Having a little trouble finding further information.

Was unsure as to how frame the missing thread title, but it seems he is originally from UK, made his way to Cork and then for some reason, is believed to be in Canada.
Having a little trouble finding further information.

I can’t find anything either.

I’d like to know, or it would be useful to know, whether he was reported missing by someone who expected him in NL, or whether he was reported missing from the UK or Ireland.

Either way: it’s easy for authorities at either end to check & confirm if he boarded a flight to Canada, & whether he arrived, as well as when. It’s the “last seen in Cork” that confused me.

I’m leaning towards assuming that LE are looking for him in NL/St Johns because they know he got off a plane.

In which case, why not say so?

ETA: if a British or Irish citizen, he would need an “ETA” to travel to Canada, which must be applied for in advance. I.e. he couldn’t have just rocked up to the airport & hopped on a plane.
Find out about Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) - Canada.ca

(Unless he’s a Canadian citizen (with a Cdn passport) or a permanent resident of Canada with a valid PR card).

Last edited:
So he is not really missing and maybe he was trying his luck in entering Canada illegally for work? There was a TV programme a couple of years ago -Border Security or Border Patrol, I can't remember- that showed that British citizens were in the Top 10 of those trying to work in Canada without the proper paperwork.
The good news is that police officers seem to believe he is alive.

So he is not really missing and maybe he was trying his luck in entering Canada illegally for work? There was a TV programme a couple of years ago -Border Security or Border Patrol, I can't remember- that showed that British citizens were in the Top 10 of those trying to work in Canada without the proper paperwork.
The good news is that police officers seem to believe he is alive.

Or he’s gone to Canada perfectly legally and whoever was expecting him to arrive reported him missing when he didn’t contact/meet up with them.

Or he was expected to let someone in Ireland or the UK know when he arrived in Canada and didn’t, so they reported him missing.

What I find odd (could just be bad/hasty reporting) is “last seen” in Cork, then NL police searching for him in St. John’s.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katsimpson1022
Back