GUILTY Canada - Diane Werendowicz, 23, raped & murdered, Hamilton, Ont, June 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<snipped>
The questions about which vehicle RB drove at the time, and some knowing about the blue one but not the green one.. i wonder what that's about, ie does it matter which one, since both vehicles were old? And they have this tire.. but yet they don't bother to check the serial number on it to see from which year, make, model of vehicle it may have been from? I didn't know that tires had serial numbers.. but wow, more potential evidence not followed up? i guess it would be rather meaningless evidence anyway, since there are likely a number of vehicles that could have fit tires like that, and the tire may just have been tossed into the ravine by a passerby.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...-defence-brings-disturbing-evidence-to-court/

I agree that the questioning about vehicles is odd. As to the serial number of the tire, the point is LE could have checked the serial number and it appears they decided it was old and didn't both to. Less sophisticated investigation indeed!

And like you said, if you murdered someone there, unless you're wack and get off on reliving the crime, why move to that location? I think they probably moved there because it was close to TH's parents. (speculation) I hope the jury caught the clarification that he didn't move there until 1982.

if not yesterday, the defence spelled it out in no uncertain terms today.

SC Tweet today clarified he moved into 60 Jerome (not 50) in 1982 thank goodness! Interesting
In the courtroom today is Badgerow's dad, his step-mother and his brother. #Badgerow is expected to take the stand today. #hamont
. Probably won't today if the tape is 2 hrs long! IMO

I haven't seen a report that says front or back. The only window I saw was if Tammy only thought he was there until 11. Don't/didn't some news channel also have a 10 pm news? Then national news at 11? Whatever. I was just pondering the left hand right hand issue.

i'm not sure if there was also a 10pm news back in 1981? Both TH and her parents testified that he was there until then, and leaving in just enough time to get to his work shift. Also the time was verified by the victim herself when she said she saw the time on a clock on something/in something on the street at the time, and it was even later. (can't have your cake and eat it too in this case! - she states the time, but the time means RB couldn't have done it; she says he looks just like RB's photo from a yearbook, but at the time of the attack he didn't look like the yearbook pic; too bad they didn't at the time, look at mugshots for for criminals that currently looked like RB's old yearbook photo).

i'm not sure if there was also a 10pm news back in 1981? Both TH and her parents testified that he was there until then, and leaving in just enough time to get to his work shift. Also the time was verified by the victim herself when she said she saw the time on a clock on something/in something on the street at the time, and it was even later. (can't have your cake and eat it too in this case! - she states the time, but the time means RB couldn't have done it; she says he looks just like RB's photo from a yearbook, but at the time of the attack he didn't look like the yearbook pic; too bad they didn't at the time, look at mugshots for for criminals that currently looked like RB's old yearbook photo).

Yes and another time she tried hypnosis to see if she could remember the face or something of that nature. I even wondered if someone put the idea of it being him into her head?

Yes and another time she tried hypnosis to see if she could remember the face or something of that nature. I even wondered if someone put the idea of it being him into her head?

her attacker very well could have looked something like his yearbook photo.. it seemed that many of the guys that age at the time may have looked somewhat similar.. even from just a few shots that we have seen.

A question, am I correct that in the DRG case there was no DNA found on her? If not, the only reason to collect RB's DNA was to connect him or rule him out of other crimes.

It's so random that she would have instigated all of that by pointing to RB.

I'm wondering if he is found not guilty if his lawyer then goes for compensation for time spent in prison falsely accused? (speculation) Which makes a 4th trial purposeful for him.

This pricked my thoughts, so I looked it up again today. Pay attention to how both witnesses remarked about how the man walked--like it was an important feature. Could this man have had a walking impediment?

This is from the DRG case http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/.../2008/01/11/r-v-badgerow-2008-715-on-sc.shtml :

bbm

As part of the investigation, police officers spoke to many people in the vicinity of the attack. On 11 August 1981, Andrew Gaddishaw, age 17, observed a male person at the relevant time. He provided a similar description as that of Ms. Robertson but indicating shoulder length brown hair. Mr. Gaddishaw stated this individual was walking &#8220;hurriedly, almost tripping over his own feet&#8221;.

Now, SC Nov 2 Tweets on witness JB:

bbm

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont Nov 2
"It could have been longer...He was running and stumbling coming up the street."

She thought it was 15 minutes later when man came back alone.

Book had an argument with her husband that night and that's why she stayed up to watch TV. Thought it was 1:30 a.m. when she first saw them.

She assumed they were "a couple of drunks" coming from nearby hotels. Says man might have been trying to walk straight. #Badgerow #hamont

"After they passed the house I sort of ignored them," she testified. She continued watching TV when she couldn't see them anymore. #Badgerow

His hair was dark. It wasn't as long as the females...They were younger than me, but they were adults. (She was in early 30s.)

Later she saw same man running, stumbling, southbound.

He wore cowboy boots or motorcycle boots, jeans, T-shirt with a shirt over that. Dark hair.

Trying to walk/run with pants undone/falling down could make him appear to stumble. Something happen to his belt, kicked in the groin, cannot see properly? speculation.

Trying to walk/run with pants undone/falling down could make him appear to stumble. Something happen to his belt, kicked in the groin, cannot see properly? speculation.

intoxicated?

Did CV have some kind of walking impediment?

I don't know. RB had an ankle injury in April 1982 according to Dofasco medical dept. He took a week off too for it. Was it a new injury?

I guess I'm thinking someone who knew a bunch of connected people may know of someone with an impediment.

The drunk theory is what the woman JB assumed but is unproven.

Do we know that in the DR attack, she was being attacked from the front?

In one of those previous legal reports it was written about the timing. How long for RB to have left TH's house after 11pm, and arrived to punch in at 11:18pm. During which time he would have had to park, attack, back in the car, drive to Dofasco, park in the employee lot, go to the punch clock. They didn't believe he had time to do it. And he didn't. So he didn't get charged, not until his DNA came up inside DW. Then they went for the gold and charged him for both crimes. And yes, all of that implying that he lived at 50 jerome at the time is absolutely misleading, and for what reason?

I happened upon this as to position of DR during attack:

“
I was lying on my left side and he straddled me and stabbed me four or five more times in the side of my head and neck,” she said in her police statement. “I was really weak and pretended that I was dead or unconscious.”

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2528196-unsolved-excerpt-the-lucky-one-/

Very helpful.

This pricked my thoughts, so I looked it up again today. Pay attention to how both witnesses remarked about how the man walked--like it was an important feature. Could this man have had a walking impediment?

This is from the DRG case http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/.../2008/01/11/r-v-badgerow-2008-715-on-sc.shtml :

bbm

Now, SC Nov 2 Tweets on witness JB:

bbm

This is likely a stretch, but I got looking at the Dennis Melvin Howe again. He would have been 40. but below I snipped two descriptions of how he apparently walked. I couldn't find anything that suggested where he worked but one of his jobs is listed as "metal worker" which made me wonder if he ended up at Dofasco under one of his aliases?

howe walk.JPG

howe walk2.JPG

and although most known for child abduction, in the past had picked up a woman and tied her up... From Regina where he might have worn cowboy boots.

in regard to the cowboy/motorcycle boots.. it would only make sense that CV would wear motorcycle boots if he drove a motorcycle. i was going to get into the 'who wears cowboy boots' debate (with myself), but i don't think it's necessary since the boots could have also been motorcycle boots. I would love to know how CV got himself discounted from the investigation, under all of the various circumstances, specifically his semen being found in her panties when he (supposedly) hadn't seen her for 5-8 days.

It is really *bugging* me how it seems that the prosecution can keep going back and going back to get permission to use the 'evidence' of the 911 call location, but yet it seems that once told they were not allowed to mention CV's semen being found in DW's panties and not being allowed to bring him up as a potential alternate suspect, the defence just dropped the issue and never bothered to keep pursuing it in subsequent trials. Just doesn't seem right. I want to know WHY.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back