Canada - Don Frigo, 70, shot to death on horseback, Clinton, ON, 13 Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Couple shot near Clinton were worried they were being watched, say friends

The wife of a Caledon man shot to death on the weekend recently told friends she’d gone to police after being frightened by men photographing and watching their farm.

“They would stop at the front and take pictures. Then they would go down the road and park on the side and just watch,” a longtime friend told The Free Press Wednesday.

“She kept saying, ‘Something is going on.’ It was like someone was trying to upset them. People would go by their house at night honking their horns. She was scared. It rattled her.”

Eva Willer was so frightened she asked the town for permission to build a berm so people couldn’t see her house from the road, the friend said.

But neither police nor the town offered help, the friend said.

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/09/17/c...e-worried-they-were-being-watched-say-friends

CTV news reporter Scott Miller has posted the following on his page:

Canada wide warrant issued for 70 year old Boris Panovski in death of Don Frigo. Photo to come. Victim and suspect known to each other. Panovski wanted for murder and attempted murder. Wife, Eva Willer NOT a suspect. Police say she is "in a safe place".

From pictures on his page it appears he is also involved with bird hunting/dog training... A competitor at the event that took place that weekend?

Police searching for Boris Panovski in killing of Donato Frigo

Police have issued a Canada-wide search warrant for Boris Panovski, 70, in the shooting death of 70-year-old Donato Frigo, killed while riding horseback at the Hullett Marsh last Saturday.

Panovski, from Scarborough, is wanted on murder and attempted murder charges.

Frigo was a highly-regarded member of the hunting dog community. Panovski is also a member of that community.

OPP refused to update the condition of Frigo’s wife, Eva Willer, also shot during what police called an “altercation” between the two men.

They did say she sustained minor injuries and was able to get to a place of safety.

Panovski is described as 5’7, weighing about 200 lbs, with brown hair and blue eyes.

Police say he may have changed his appearance. Panovski could be armed and should be considered dangerous, they said.

Anyone who has had contact with Panovski in the last seven days is asked to call OPP.

Anyone who has seen his vehicle, a blue 1998 Toyota four-door sedan last Saturday, is also asked to contact police.

OPP have set up a dedicated line for tips: 1-844-278-4794. ​

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/09/19/police-searching-for-boris-panovski-in-killing-of-donato-frigo

From pictures on his page it appears he is also involved with bird hunting/dog training... A competitor at the event that took place that weekend?

Kate Dubinski ‏@KateatLFPress 1m
Suspect, vic knew each other from hunting dog world RT @LFPress: Man wanted in Clinton killing http://bit.ly/1r6XDbZ

In 1 of the pictures of a blue car on this page there is a police van/truck going by behind the picture of the car! Is the car pictured the exact 1 the police are looking for?(or they found a similar car and took a picture with the owner's consent?) But then why is there a police van in this picture Hmm Strange....:thinking: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada...o-area-executive-s-suspected-gunman-1.2014675

I recall seeing a tweet this afternoon by a reporter clarifying that police weren't looking for the car (they have it), but that they were asking for anyone to step forward if they saw it last Saturday. And, of course, if they've seen the suspect at all since then they should contact LE.

I'm not sure if I can locate the tweet now, but I will look for it.

I found the following interesting....

http://americanfield.villagesoup.com/media/Common/17/58/1136806/CanadianOSD_Reg13AAA.pdf

I wonder if there had been problems in the past. (Also note the name of one of the people working at the event, with the initials "MP". I feel very sorry for him right now.)

I participate in Retriever Trials in Southern Ontario which are competitive as are the Pointer Breed Trials. There is always a notice about "indignities to a judge, etc. etc. It is standard procedure and in some cases it is required wording per Canadian Kennel Club. Sometimes emotions run high and things get said. I saw it myself at a retriever trial a couple of weeks ago.

These dogs are extremely well trained and are extremely valuable. The time, money and effort that goes into training, trialing and hunting these dogs is enormous. A lost point here and ding there in judging can mean the difference between a win and not even placing. It is a highly competitive world and the people who take part are NOT playing. A lot of the time it is their life and a poor score or placement can be devastating.

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/09/19/man-suspected-in-shooting-couple-north-of-clinton-had-fall-from-grace-in-world-of-gun-dogs

He led an English setter to the U.S. Open Shooting Dog championship, in Alabama in February, a rare feat in the world of gun dogs.

But a month earlier, unknown to the judges at the dog trials, Panovski had been arrested for lewd behaviour in a Georgia restaurant parking lot.

He wasn’t invited to the shooting dog field trials at Hullett Wildlife Conservation Area near Clinton, other handlers and breeders said.

Nor is anyone supposed to show up with a loaded firearm. The long guns used in trials are loaded with blanks.

“We have not seen Boris for a long long time. Boris disappeared from the scene a couple of years ago and nobody had seen him for years,” said one breeder.

CTV reporter Scott Miller posted:

"More developments in Hullett shooting. Police say that Don Frigo, the victim, and Boris Panovski, the suspect "knew each other". We've uncovered at least one connection. They were both champion dog trainers. Panovski was the 2005 National Open Dog shooting champion. Frigo was a champion "bird-dogger" as well. Panovski's son is also a bird-dogger, and sources tell us Panovski's son, MP (censoring for WS purposes), was at the Hullett Marsh last Saturday (the day of the shooting). Sources say he was there training his dogs and told friends he was supposed to be training with Don and Eva Frigo at the time of the shooting. Sources say MP has been interviewed by police. Investigators would not confirm that. Fellow bird-doggers say they had no idea of the possible connection before today."

So Boris's son was supposed to be training with the Frigo's at the exact time this happened?! Shady...

I had no idea this kind of competition even existed, much less in Ontario. The guy is clearly obsessed with it though, if his FB is any indication. He's got a recently uploaded photo on there of him with a championship 'blanket' from 2005. He seems pretty active on FB for a senior person. I wonder if the lewd behaviour arrest is a result of personality changes due to a newly developed serious illness or if there's always been something 'wrong' with him.

I participate in Retriever Trials in Southern Ontario which are competitive as are the Pointer Breed Trials. There is always a notice about "indignities to a judge, etc. etc. It is standard procedure and in some cases it is required wording per Canadian Kennel Club. Sometimes emotions run high and things get said. I saw it myself at a retriever trial a couple of weeks ago.

These dogs are extremely well trained and are extremely valuable. The time, money and effort that goes into training, trialing and hunting these dogs is enormous. A lost point here and ding there in judging can mean the difference between a win and not even placing. It is a highly competitive world and the people who take part are NOT playing. A lot of the time it is their life and a poor score or placement can be devastating.

Thank you very much for your perspective tealgrove. I am not familiar with this world, so I appreciate your insight.

quote from the Caledon enterprise paper Mr.Panovski is described as being five feet seven inches tall, weighing approximately 200 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes.

If anyone knows of his whereabouts they are asked to contact the OPP through a dedicated toll-free phone number at 1-844-278-4794 or their nearest police agency immediately. If anyone observes the suspect, they are asked to contact police immediately and provide location details. No attempt should be made to apprehend the suspect for police.
http://www.caledonenterprise.com/ne...ski-70-wanted-in-shooting-death-of-don-frigo/

that seems quite heavy for that height and he doesn't look overweight in the photos on his FB

quote from the Caledon enterprise paper Mr.Panovski is described as being five feet seven inches tall, weighing approximately 200 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes.

If anyone knows of his whereabouts they are asked to contact the OPP through a dedicated toll-free phone number at 1-844-278-4794 or their nearest police agency immediately. If anyone observes the suspect, they are asked to contact police immediately and provide location details. No attempt should be made to apprehend the suspect for police.
http://www.caledonenterprise.com/ne...ski-70-wanted-in-shooting-death-of-don-frigo/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back