CANADA Canada - Elnaz Hajtamiri, 37, Abducted following home invasion, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, 12 Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wondering what is in the backseat?
Thanks for link..
b59732be-d1c5-4aa6-9798-9c532421a27e
Children? It looks like there are car seats.

I only came across this case yesterday and just had a chance to catch up on it now. This is a very concerning case. Is it domestic violence? Is it related to Iranian political vengeance? So difficult to know. It does seem as though her ex-boyfriend wasn't short of funding. Is he a criminal? Is he an Iranian 'agent'?
IMO, if this was related to the Iranian government it wouldn't be in the hands of OPP.

IMO, if this was related to the Iranian government it wouldn't be in the hands of OPP.

Well, they couldn't exactly wash their hands of it in the public eye, considering that neighbours likely heard something. That doesn't mean they will be able to solve it.
JMO.

Two things:

- These guys are sophisticated and adept at stealing modern, electronic cars (the dark blue one and the Lexus they used to kidnap EH;
- "Ex-boyfriend" could be a red herring if he only got close to her for other reasons.
Feb 1 2022
Project Taurus - security footage - Toronto Police Arrest Five in Carjacking Investigation - YouTube
''Vehicle theft in Toronto and across the province has been on the rise lately. On average, a car is stolen every 48 minutes in Ontario, and in 2021 alone, 10,900 car theft claims were reported by insurers.

Recently, officers from a number of forces across the GTA recovered over 200 stolen vehicles.''

Feb 1 2022
Project Taurus - security footage - Toronto Police Arrest Five in Carjacking Investigation - YouTube
''Vehicle theft in Toronto and across the province has been on the rise lately. On average, a car is stolen every 48 minutes in Ontario, and in 2021 alone, 10,900 car theft claims were reported by insurers.

Recently, officers from a number of forces across the GTA recovered over 200 stolen vehicles.''

Yep and similar in London (UK) - the difference is in the 80s/90s pretty much any crook could steal a parked car. Nowadays you need a bit more sophisticated knowledge and equipment.

I've been away since last Thursday, just checking in now.
This new info about this ex bf Lilo guy and the "criminal harassment" situation is alarming.
Whether he is involved in Elnaz's abduction we don't know, may be unrelated, but if he is and is also responsible for the earlier attack, it's horrible.
It's horrible regardless.
I hope that authorities at least are on the trail of those two Richmond Hill thugs, but unfortunately at this point I do not hold much hope for Elnaz's rescue. :(

I was looking at both Elnaz's and her EX-boyfriend's FB pages. One thing I noticed is how foreign they are (not saying this is a bad thing, it just gives you some insight into their lives). You can't see their friends directly, but you can see who liked their pics. A majority of the people are from Iran or transplants from Iran living in Canada. The suspects driving the car during the previous attack are of similar descent. Hopefully someone is able to recognize the two assailants after the released photos.

Another thing I feel that is odd is the suspects in her recent abduction were described as black. Looking at both Elnaz and Mohamad's profiles they don't associate with a lot of people who I would describe as black. A couple of thoughts. The black assailants arn't associated with Iran but might have been 'hired help'. Another idea is maybe the assailants were of Iranian descent and the home owner who witnessed the abduction was in on it? Probably not though. I think if the suspects were black, thinking they were probably were hired by someone who is associated to Elnaz through an Iranian connection.

Elnaz Tamiri
Mohamad

Last edited:
homeowners in Wasaga were relatives, she has a degree in International insurance but was working import-export and recently was focussing on a cake business I wonder if it had something to do with her most recent job as import-export business.

I was looking at both Elnaz's and her EX-boyfriend's FB pages. One thing I noticed is how foreign they are (not saying this is a bad thing, it just gives you some insight into their lives). You can't see their friends directly, but you can see who liked their pics. A majority of the people are from Iran or transplants from Iran living in Canada. The suspects driving the car during the previous attack are of similar descent. Hopefully someone is able to recognize the two assailants after the released photos.

Another thing I feel that is odd is the suspects in her recent abduction were described as black. Looking at both Elnaz and Mohamad's profiles they don't associate with a lot of people who I would describe as black. A couple of thoughts. The black assailants arn't associated with Iran but might have been 'hired help'. Another idea is maybe the assailants were of Iranian descent and the home owner who witnessed the abduction was in on it? Probably not though. I think if the suspects were black, thinking they were probably were hired by someone who is associated to Elnaz through an Iranian connection.

Elnaz Tamiri
Mohamad

I suspect that the home owners may have been recent arrivals to Canada too, and described the abductors as "black" because they may have had limited use of English. They may have meant to say black hair, eyes, and dark skin tones. It makes me wonder if the description of the clothing was also not exactly the way we would describe it.

Actually, I wonder if the abductors might have looked like Iranian police. Perhaps they wear a particular style of hat or balaclava, or clothing that the home owner would associate with a police uniform.

homeowners in Wasaga were relatives, she has a degree in International insurance but was working import-export and recently was focussing on a cake business I wonder if it had something to do with her most recent job as import-export business.

This seems important to me. Why would you leave a presumably well paying job in the import-export industry to pursue a risky endeavor opening your own cake-baking business. I think she knew she was in trouble with the Iranian authorities and was trying to hide from them by moving to Wasaga Beach and establishing a low profile as a baker.

I am undecided if the ex was just a pyscho and wanted her dead if he couldn't have her or it was something from her past. Regardless it's a very sad situation and nothing has changed other than her relives getting a PI and boom photo's from the police from the first attack. Yet no updates and nobody knows them

I was looking at both Elnaz's and her EX-boyfriend's FB pages. One thing I noticed is how foreign they are (not saying this is a bad thing, it just gives you some insight into their lives). You can't see their friends directly, but you can see who liked their pics. A majority of the people are from Iran or transplants from Iran living in Canada.
I think that's pretty normal for 1st generation immigrants to Canada - just like most Canadian expats in other countries stick to the English speaking expat community.

I think there are Iranian criminals, just as there are criminals of other ethnicities.

Organized crime, human smuggling, drug smuggling, money laundering, all the usual shady dealings go on in every ethnic group. The motive is money, not political ideology.

JMO

Listening to this, and John Lordan questioning if one of the attackers in the garage could be Lilo, made me think of the "bearded man" in the white car that was hanging around and watching on the street in Wasaga Beach for days before the abduction.
Might that bearded man actually have been Lilo??
Car's license plate was covered (or missing, can't remember)

Does Lilo have a white car?
Can OPP determine if he rented a white car during that time period?

Why would you leave a presumably well paying job in the import-export industry to pursue a risky endeavor opening your own cake-baking business.

A LOT of people leave the insurance industry. It's a good job for sure but definitely not for everyone, especially artsy types like those who might like to bake. Home baking is actually very lucrative right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back