CANADA Canada - Elnaz Hajtamiri, 37, Abducted following home invasion, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, 12 Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Apologies @LemonMint
I have only just seen this message/ post of yours . Please see my post #174 which I will endeavour to copy and paste here :

———————-
It just feels too much for me for it to be a stalker ex boyfriend
Especially when you consider that the plane crash company have recently been paying out compensation to families involved in the shooting down of the airplane PS752 over Ukraine , yet some will not even reveal their names for fear of regime retribution and have declined the offer of compensation, requesting the truth , not money . Some are even filing through solicitors under anonymity . ( how that works when its a relative involved in the plane crash , ergo I would have thought it obvious who the claimants are but there must be a way around it through solicitors so their identity ( the claimants on behalf of the victims) can be kept confidential. I may be totally wrong but the pieces , from my own personal perspective, don’t fit with the stalker angle . I could be wrong and would be the first to hold my hand up and admit it but my gut instinct is something other than the ex. Plus - as @Steve McQueen’s Earlier post on this page, the employment in her import/export company in Richmond Hills seems to be being either kept on the low burner or just not mentioned further which I find odd.
Throughout my years in LE, as a Detective, I have been involved in investigating some really nasty , torturous stalking crimes . I say torturous, not because of physical torture methods used on the person being stalked but more described as such because of the slow drip drip drip continuous behaviour displayed and enacted by the perpetrator and the period of time it usually is enacted over ( some are years !!!!) and the fact that often there will be an initial bombardment and then the victim subject of the stalking is lulled into a false sense of security because the perpetrator will go off radar for a while, making the victim believe that he/she is finally rid of them because the stalking appears to have ceased . Then all of a sudden , the stalker returns, engaging in behaviour that is a notch up in level, each time the cycle is perpetuated. Also, stalking is a very personal crime which the perpetrator takes great delight from and I’m not saying that it’s never happened like in this case whereby multiple offenders have been involved in the attack in December followed by her abduction in January but generally this type of crime is a singular perpetrator who undertakes the whole victimisation alone . In my personal experience and observations, such is the false reality that the perpetrator resides in, that generally they don’t want to and would not want to pass up the opportunity to act alone , as opposed to in a group or hiring others to carry out their stalking behaviour because they like to see up front and personal when they do act , the fear and anxiety and overwhelming sense from their victim , that total lack of control that they , the victim , has in this matter. It truly is a terrifying reality for victims of stalkers and it can continue on for years , often times without knowing exactly who is behind it or if the victim is aware who is behind it, the stalker plays a very clever, manipulative and Machiavellian game in his/her eyes whereby there is no actual evidence for LE to develop to support the victim in a prosecution and sometimes it goes as far as the victim believing that they themselves are developing severe mental health issues and question if they themselves are going mad and are dreaming up the stalker and the stalkers actions to the point where they question what is their actual reality versus their perceived reality. It’s so damaging to the psyche of a stalkers victim. Sorry to waffle but I just wanted to convey the experiences that I have had whilst working in LE and dealing with varying levels of stalking throughout my career.

I am very much in the camp of this being something to do with her ‘mother country’ not least because of others who have fallen foul of their dual nationality which is not recognised by the Iranian regime, because of cases like the British lady Nanazin Zaire Ratcliffe who has been held in Tehran’s Evin prison since 2016 ( believed to be a political pawn in an outstanding issue and dispute between GB and Iran , that as a British resident with dual Nationality which is not recognised by the Iranian regime, when visiting her birth country to spend time with her aged and ailing parents , she was snatched as she boarded the plane to return to the U.K. . Demands were then made of the U.K. to ‘trade ‘- offering the release of NZ Ratcliffe on the condition that the British government pay back the millions that they received in 1979 prior to the fall of the Shah, to build a substantial number of Chieftain tanks , but because the Iranian Govt was overthrown, the tanks were never built and not delivered to Iran , yet the money to facilitate the purchase was paid upfront and that too was kept by the British government so essentially they received millions of $ for nothing . The current Iranian government want these monies paid back with interest amounting to ( I may not get this figure accurate) millions of $ in the region of 400 million dollars plus. The British government refused to be involved in any such trade negotiations.
And lastly, another reason that I am in the camp of it being to do with her ‘mother country’ is because of a personal experience whereby a lady who i now know (who incidentally was involved in the export of traditional Iranian fabrics to the West) was partaking in a Christian Bible Study Class when this information was ruthlessly passed to the regimes secret Police and they stormed the location where it was happening and shot dead 12 of the Bible class attendees in public view after lining them up against the wall outside of the target premises. The lady who I now know, managed to run and escape ( unfortunately leaving behind her purse with identifying information and details inside which related to her and her company and family members and address etc ) . She was smuggled out of the country within a few short hours and was given a new identity upon seeking asylum in the West and has never been able to return since. Because of the identifying information left behind, the secret Police tortured her family including elderly parents and a short time later her father died in mysterious circumstances and she was unable to even see him or talk to him from the day she was smuggled out of the country. To this day, the regime have people searching for her but thankfully she is subject to high levels of personal security along side a whole new identity and back story and a different visual appearance. But the threat is always there for her and she can never truly relax 100%. Anyway, I sincerely hope and pray that this lady, EH, will be located soon, alive, and returned to her family- God willing. All these collectively are why I perceived that her abduction is to do with her mother country as opposed to her ex boyfriend. I would like to be proven wrong because I personally would take my chances that the ex boyfriend is a better scenario than the regime.

Thank you for your insight as always.
You’re very welcome
It’s interesting to read everybody’s thoughts and opinions and their reasoning for those opinions in some cases isn’t it? I truly believe that we all collectively bring goods to the table. Now let’s continue to try and find EH. Where is she?

Lengthy article.
March 2 2022
Family lawyer of woman abducted in Wasaga Beach questions if police took her safety seriously | CBC News
''Two days before Elnaz Hajtamiri was abducted from her relatives' home in Wasaga Beach, Ont., in January, sources with direct knowledge of the situation told CBC News she returned to the GTA to pick up her car, computer and cell phone from police, who had them to check for tracking devices and software.

Hajtamiri had given her belongings to York Regional Police for analysis after she was attacked by two masked men in the parking garage of her Richmond Hill condo building on Dec. 21. Prior to the attack, two illegal tracking devices had been discovered underneath her Lexus by workers at a dealership when she brought the car in for service, a relative previously told CBC News.

Fearing for her safety, Hajtamiri moved in with family in Wasaga Beach right after the parking garage attack. She'd been staying there for nearly three weeks without incident. The only time she left was when she picked up her car, computer and cell phone at the request of police and brought the belongings back to her relatives' home on Jan. 10, according to sources with direct knowledge of the situation.

Two days later, on Jan. 12, she was forcibly taken from the house by three men — and is still missing.''

Lengthy article.
March 2 2022
Family lawyer of woman abducted in Wasaga Beach questions if police took her safety seriously | CBC News
''Two days before Elnaz Hajtamiri was abducted from her relatives' home in Wasaga Beach, Ont., in January, sources with direct knowledge of the situation told CBC News she returned to the GTA to pick up her car, computer and cell phone from police, who had them to check for tracking devices and software.

Hajtamiri had given her belongings to York Regional Police for analysis after she was attacked by two masked men in the parking garage of her Richmond Hill condo building on Dec. 21. Prior to the attack, two illegal tracking devices had been discovered underneath her Lexus by workers at a dealership when she brought the car in for service, a relative previously told CBC News.

Fearing for her safety, Hajtamiri moved in with family in Wasaga Beach right after the parking garage attack. She'd been staying there for nearly three weeks without incident. The only time she left was when she picked up her car, computer and cell phone at the request of police and brought the belongings back to her relatives' home on Jan. 10, according to sources with direct knowledge of the situation.

Two days later, on Jan. 12, she was forcibly taken from the house by three men — and is still missing.''

The family's lawyer is not happy with LE. Also from the article:

Given the Wasaga Beach address was linked to Hajtamiri's family, and police don't appear to have been watching the home, Bains doesn't understand why police would endorse her move to the small town about 145 kilometres north of Toronto.

"If Elnaz's imminent danger was being recognized and seen — and seen the way it should have been — it is challenging to see how her relocating to a relatively remote town in Ontario increased her safety," said Bains.

A shelter services manager at Interval House — Canada's first centre for abused women and children — told CBC News that after Hajtamiri reported her assault to police the expectation would be she'd be given resources to navigate her safety.

"She needs to have that safety plan put into place," said Paula Del Cid. "They could have connected her with safe shelters."

March 9 2022 rbbm.
Orders to Shoot Civilians, The Return of Stagflation & Elnaz Hajtamiri - ON Point with Alex Pierson - Omny.fm
'' On this episode Alex is first joined again by Ukrainian member of Parliament Inna Sovsun, who is still living in Kyiv and is not only still a member of parliament, but is actively fighting for her country. Alex and Inna talk about the unrelenting Russian aggression, successes of Ukrainian forces, and why NATO needs to stand up for its own values and help Ukraine.
Next, Alex is joined by Dr. Ian Lee, Associate Professor at Sprott School of Business at Carleton University about the state of the global economy since the Russian invasion into Ukraine began, and why a financial term from the 70's might be making a comeback.
And finally, 59 days after the abduction of Elnaz Hajtamiri Alex is joined by Devin Bains, the lawyer that has been hired by the family. Alex and Devin talk about the known violence that led up to Elnaz's abduction, why the police system failed to protect her, and if she is still alive after all this time.''

BringElnazHome (@BringElnazHome) / Twitter
FOEnQWlXoAcIMbl.jpg

FN-B2_NVsAIPEj4

#BringElnazHome - Twitter Search / Twitter
FORN6c3WQAMzNrN.jpg

@Angleterre,@MsMiniSleuth, @StillDiggin, I’d actually like to hear your opinion outside of the UK cases here, please.

This one of Elnaz is a very different one from many other cases we are unfortunately “used to.”
Hi @LemonMint
I saw this and intended to reply but I totally forgot and it didn’t show up on my alerts so my apologies
This is a difficult one for me and a little close to home because I am friends ( loosely) with a lady from Iran ( and she looks so like Elnaz) . She had to flee because she was with a group of people who were looking at Christianity and the bible , but she had a delivery to make so had to excuse herself from the group to do her delivery but said that she would not be very long so she left her handbag/purse there until she returned. As she walked towards the location after dropping off her delivery, she saw the people that were in the Christianity group with her all lined up against the wall outside of the house and she froze because she realised that had she not had to pop out , she would also be stood with them. She then watched as they were all shot dead by the police for engaging in Christianity and reading the bible. She then panicked as she realised that her belongings were still inside so she was able to be traced and identified. Before the day was out, she was on a plane to the West where she was immediately given political asylum and a new identity including not just name but age and date of birth and back story / history.
She can never return. Her father died and she couldn’t see him before he passed and she wasn’t able to go to the funeral. She believes that she is still on the ‘list’ of Iranian citizens to be recaptured.
So I really don’t know with Elnaz
I too questioned about the photos of her with a man in different places around the world and lastly the flight number of the downed airplane, superimposed on the photo but I was told that they were pictures of her and her husband when he was alive and she had reposted some , one of which was the flight superimposed over the photo . However, I have googled the husband and his death was suspicious. I believe that she knows exactly why she was targeted and by whom , as do her family.
I too wonder if she was one of the anonymous plaintiffs in the case against the Iranians shooting down of the plane . But if she is then I don’t know how she would be associated with that flight or to someone who was on it . And if it were for that reason ( being a claimant) then surely it follows that everyone identified as such would also be targeted . Then I wonder if she was embroiled in illegal export or if she became aware of something that she shouldn’t have witnessed! But if the Americans did find evidence of illegal exports to Iran then surely it wouldn’t be the Iranians kidnapping her ? I would have thought that it was more likely to be the Americans and then my mind goes into overdrive with regards to ‘rendition’ etc
But I can’t fathom why the first attempt attack took place or was it actually supposed to be an abduction but they had to silence her because they sure used a strange implement to cause injury and therefore I feel it was meant to be an abduction on that day potentially and she screamed and hollered so had to be silenced but they never completed the abduction because they were spooked by something- maybe an unexpected visitor pulled up or a passer by was taking a keen interest in their suspicious behaviour so they called : abort , abort, abort ! All JMOO

Family of Elnaz Hajtamiri and police plead for public's help in abduction case | CBC News
"Three months after she was abducted by men dressed in police gear in Wasaga Beach, both police investigators and family members pleaded for information about Elnaz Hajtamiri's whereabouts during a news conference Tuesday.

Police recapped the case and asked for help from Iranian communities in the Greater Toronto Area and Montréal. Ontario Provincial Police also released a video statement from Elnaz's mother — Fariba Hajtamiri — who lives in Iran.

Through translated subtitles, she said she doesn't know if her daughter is alive or not.

"I beg of you as a mother to guide us and tell us anything you know," she said. "Please, I beg of you to help us. We are living a desperate life.

"Please help us find Elnaz."

''Thus far, investigators have not been able to discern any motive, and no ransom demand has been received, police say.

"We know someone is out there who has information about Elnaz's whereabouts," Det. Insp. Martin Graham said at the news conference.

"We need to hear from you."

Anyone with information is being asked to call the OPP's tip line at 1-833-728-3415.''

April 14 2022
Case of Iranian-born woman abducted by fake officers baffles Canadian police | Toronto | The Guardian
''Case of Iranian-born woman abducted by fake officers baffles Canadian police
Three months after Elnaz Hajtamiri was taken, investigators have not determined a motive and have not received ransom demands
582.jpg

Elnaz Hajtamiri was abducted from a suburban home in a small Canadian resort town on 12 January. Photograph: Family handout

''On a cold winter night, three armed men disguised as police officers arrived at a suburban home in a small Canadian resort town and knocked on the door, claiming that they had an arrest warrant for a 37-year-old woman who was staying there.

After overpowering the homeowner, they seized the woman, Iranian-born Elnaz Hajtamiri, hauled her barefoot through the snow into a vehicle, and sped off into the dark.''

"After overpowering the homeowner, they seized the woman, Iranian-born Elnaz Hajtamiri, hauled her barefoot through the snow into a vehicle, and sped off into the dark.''

Did we ever get concrete information on who the homeowner actually was?

It was thought to be a relative?

I'm surprised that the home owner didn't have some sort of security CCTV or Ring camera doorbell, especially as Elnaz moved there because she felt her life was threatened.

The home owner was likely Iranian too, so even his/her life may not have been entirely safe either.

The kidnappers were so sly dressing up as fake police officers, knowing that most people at home will open their door to police.

Interesting - the two people arrested have more common Punjabi names. Obviously anyone can entice or hire anyone to commit crimes for them, but they’re outside of the Persian/Iranian circle a lot of this was focused on before.

Exactly, and as they're Punjabis, I'm also presuming they're Sikh or Hindu, so would be outside of the Islamic circle too, i.e. they didn't meet them at a mosque for example.

Police ID suspects in assault of Elnaz Hajtamiri
Arrest made in Richmond Hill assault of Elnaz Hajtamiri that occurred weeks before her abduction | CP24.com
image.png

York Regional Police have identified the two suspects in the assault of Elnaz Hajtamiri last year. One of them has been arrested.

rbbm.
Arrest made in assault of Elnaz Hajtamiri, Canada-wide warrant issued for 2nd man | CBC News
''A Mississauga man has been arrested in connection with the alleged assault of Elnaz Hajtamiri, 37, a woman abducted from Wasaga Beach three months ago, and police have issued a Canada-wide warrant for a second man.

York Regional Police say 23-year-old Riyasat Singh was arrested Wednesday and charged with attempted murder, attempted kidnapping, possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 and mischief under $5,000.

Police are now searching for another 23-year-old, Harshdeep Binner of Brampton.

Hajtamiri, who also goes by the surname Tamiri, was abducted on the evening of Jan. 12 when three men dressed in what appeared to be police gear, forced their way into a home on Trailwood Place.

Police said earlier this week they had linked the abduction with another incident in which Hajtamiri was assaulted with a frying pan in Richmond Hill last December, saying they believed the same people were either involved in the abduction, or could identify those responsible.

Hajtamiri remains missing, and York Regional Police are working with Ontario Provincial Police to locate her whereabouts.

Thursday's arrests are in connection with the alleged December assault. Police have not named any other suspects in connection with the abduction.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow
Back