CANADA Canada - Elnaz Hajtamiri, 37, Abducted following home invasion, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, 12 Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly, and as they're Punjabis, I'm also presuming they're Sikh or Hindu, so would be outside of the Islamic circle too, i.e. they didn't meet them at a mosque for example.
The EB’s last name is not Iranian/Persian/Farsi. His last name is of Arabic origin. A search under that name takes you to Qatar. Whether the EB is directly involved in the abduction or not, something tells me knows of her fate. The theory about the involvement of the Iranian regime is certainly plausible.

rbbm.
Case of Iranian-born woman abducted by fake officers baffles Canadian police
“I have never, never come across a case like this,” Ontario provincial police detective inspector Martin Graham told reporters this week, adding that investigators had not determined a motive or received any ransom demands. They also have not located the white Lexus SUV vehicle used in the abduction on 12 January, nor have they identified its owner.

“My biggest hope is that Elnaz is alive,” said Graham. “My greatest fear is that she is not.”

Police took the “extraordinary” step of reaching out to the Iranian community in Toronto and Montreal as they expand the scope of their search, and are contemplating the possibility that she has been taken out of the country.''

''Anyone with information about Binner's whereabouts or the investigation is asked to contact York Regional Police.
Speaking from Iran in a video statement to the Ontario Provincial Police this week, Hajtamiri's mother said she doesn't know if her daughter is alive or not.

"I beg of you as a mother to guide us and tell us anything you know," she said. "Please, I beg of you to help us. We are living a desperate life.
"Please help us find Elnaz."

Exactly, and as they're Punjabis, I'm also presuming they're Sikh or Hindu, so would be outside of the Islamic circle too, i.e. they didn't meet them at a mosque for example.
I am just wondering if these are fake names.

Last edited:
she was assulted with a frying pan? I need to go back and read all this from the beginning again. wow

The EB’s last name is not Iranian/Persian/Farsi. His last name is of Arabic origin. A search under that name takes you to Qatar. Whether the EB is directly involved in the abduction or not, something tells me knows of her fate. The theory about the involvement of the Iranian regime is certainly plausible.

The 2 who were arrested for the attempted murder and kidnapping were both Indians, of Punjabi heritage. Harshdeep and Singh are classic Punjabi names.

Story below.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/elnaz-hajtamiri-arrest-1.6420360

FWIW..
Punjabi-Canadian organized crime - Wikipedia

Suspect in Hamilton kidnapping of Faqir Ali charged with murder | Globalnews.ca
''A 25-year-old Hamilton man has been arrested and is facing a first-degree murder charge in connection with a Mount Hope homicide and abduction investigation.
70c8fc80

Detectives updated the episode in which Faqir Ali was abducted and one of his two sons was killed during an attack at a residence on Glancaster Road near Dickenson Road shortly before 3 a.m. on Sept. 16.''

Ws thread..
Canada- Faqir Ali, 63, abducted after home invasion, his 2 sons shot, Hamilton, Ont. 16 Sept 2021

also the one arrested and the one on the run were charged with stolen vehicle stuff in Edmonton so I would believe they are in a gang which makes me wonder about the ex - I suspect he's using fake names he already goes by Lilo and sometimes Tamiri himself. I can't find out much about them

Some people use fake names in their interactions with the world, such as burner phones and minor id, but I strongly disagree that police in Canada are fooled by fake names. If someone has aliases, those will be included in the arrest warrant. Canada keeps very tight control over birth certificates, passports, drivers licences, social security numbers and documentation about immigrants. They're not keystone cops oblivious to the reality of the current crime landscape.

I agree with Dotr's post, there are well-established Punjabi organized crime groups based in Toronto suburbs like Brampton, because there are large South Asian populations in those areas. Apparently the gangs got started years ago, smuggling heroin from Afganistan through India.

JMO

Some people use fake names in their interactions with the world, such as burner phones and minor id, but I strongly disagree that police in Canada are fooled by fake names. If someone has aliases, those will be included in the arrest warrant. Canada keeps very tight control over birth certificates, passports, drivers licences, social security numbers and documentation about immigrants. They're not keystone cops oblivious to the reality of the current crime landscape.

I agree with Dotr's post, there are well-established Punjabi organized crime groups based in Toronto suburbs like Brampton, because there are large South Asian populations in those areas. Apparently the gangs got started years ago, smuggling heroin from Afganistan through India.

JMO
I know people use fake names - I am just wondering how many he has. I never said they did it to fool the police. Gangs from every single county in the world including our own in Canada.

Arrest made, another man sought in case of missing Ontario woman abducted in Wasaga Beach

“On Tuesday, the same day that police made a public plea for information about the missing woman, her ex-boyfriend Mohamad Lilo appeared in court – charged with criminal harassment against her before her disappearance…evidence was uncovered during their investigation that related to “a pattern of behaviour against Elnaz, over a period of time.”

In addition to a personal relationship, Det. Insp. Graham said the two were involved in a professional relationship relating to the exports business.”

It all leads back to the EB and the export business. One wonders if in fact Elnaz had knowledge of criminal activity tied to the export business which implicated the ex-boyfriend, and he feared she would snitch on him after the breakup. I wonder if Elnaz was ever a witness to crime committed by the EB.

BTW, I read on some social media post that the EB is of Iraqi origin.

Arrest made, another man sought in case of missing Ontario woman abducted in Wasaga Beach

“On Tuesday, the same day that police made a public plea for information about the missing woman, her ex-boyfriend Mohamad Lilo appeared in court – charged with criminal harassment against her before her disappearance…evidence was uncovered during their investigation that related to “a pattern of behaviour against Elnaz, over a period of time.”

In addition to a personal relationship, Det. Insp. Graham said the two were involved in a professional relationship relating to the exports business.”

It all leads back to the EB and the export business. One wonders if in fact Elnaz had knowledge of criminal activity tied to the export business which implicated the ex-boyfriend, and he feared she would snitch on him after the breakup. I wonder if Elnaz was ever a witness to crime committed by the EB.

BTW, I read on some social media post that the EB is of Iraqi origin.
I've always wondered whether the "bearded man" stalking the Wasaga neighborhood in the white car without a license plate, was the ex Lilo.

OPP, victim's mother appeal for information on Elnaz Hajtamiri's abduction in Wasaga Beach, Ont.

“The detective said the kidnapping was planned. “It was organized and appears to be linked directly to the assault some two weeks prior, just before Christmas, in Richmond Hill.”

So the two suspects whose identities have been revealed by the Police were also involved in the kidnapping? Am I missing something here?

Also, anyone else wondering why the “family member” who supposedly witnessed the abduction was spared by the kidnappers?

I've always wondered whether the "bearded man" stalking the Wasaga neighborhood in the white car without a license plate, was the ex Lilo.
Could be, though the suspects are bearded too...and, IMO, since Elnaz had already complained about him to police, I expect he'd have a very good alibi for that night.

I'm confused that the homeowner said the fake officers were black. Did the person just label all non-whites as black?

JMO

It could be something like that, but that leads to questions like: If she was a witness to crime, why didn't she tell police? Especially after she'd been so violently targetted already?

If she'd met him through her work, why was she the one to quit her job and announce plans to create a, frankly dubious, new business?

JMO

April 15 2022 rbbm.
Arrest Made In Assault Of Elnaz Hajtamiri That Happened Weeks Before Her Abduction (muskoka411.com)
''The second suspect remains outstanding and a Canada-wide warrant has been issued for his arrest. Investigators are asking anyone with information on the location of the wanted suspect or any information on the investigation to come forward.''
WANTED:
yrp.png

• · Harshdeep BINNER, 23, of Brampton
  • CHARGES:
  • Attempted Murder
  • Attempted Kidnapping
  • Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
  • Mischief Under $5,000
CHARGED:
arrest-one.png

• Riyasat SINGH, 23, of Brampton
CHARGES:
  • Attempted Murder
  • Attempted Kidnapping
  • Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
  • Mischief Under $5,000
Our officers continue to work closely with the Ontario Provincial Police regarding its ongoing investigation into the abduction of Elnaz HAJTAMIRI.
Anyone with information on the Richmond Hill assault is asked to call the York Regional Police #2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau designated tip line at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7250 or contact Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS, or leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com.''

It could be something like that, but that leads to questions like: If she was a witness to crime, why didn't she tell police? Especially after she'd been so violently targetted already?

If she'd met him through her work, why was she the one to quit her job and announce plans to create a, frankly dubious, new business?

JMO

Perhaps she quit after her breakup with the ex-lilo or upon learning about the export business’ criminal activity (obviously not wanting to reveal the reason)?

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow
Back