CANADA Canada - Emily Bailey, 23, New Years Eve party, Hamilton, Ontario, 31 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Hamilton Police Intensify Search for Emily Bailey
CASE NUMBER: 22-508001
Hamilton,
March
Hamilton Police Intensify Search for Emily Bailey

''Hamilton Police Homicide investigators have taken over the search for missing person Emily Bailey.

On Monday, January 10, 2022, Emily was reported missing after her friends and family were unable to locate her. This was out of character for her. Emily was last reported to be attending a New Year’s Eve party on Weir St N. before leaving an acquaintance’s house the next day. She has not been seen or heard from since that time.

Hamilton Police have been working extensively on Emily’s disappearance since she was reported missing. At this time, the circumstances surrounding her disappearance have indicated the possibility of foul play. As a result, the investigation has now been turned over to the Homicide Unit.

Investigators believe Emily was last active in Hamilton at the end of December 2021. She is a mother and her young daughters miss her greatly. Hamilton Police believe there are individuals who have information related to Emily’s disappearance and are encouraging those people to come forward.

Emily is described as:
  • White female
  • 23-years-old
  • 5’4" tall
  • Weighing approximately 100lbs
  • Slim build
  • Shoulderlength black/brown hair, with dyed blue or green highlights
  • Visual tattoos include an elephant on her left forearm
  • Batman symbol on the outside of her right forearm
Hamilton Police are asking anyone with information about Emily or the circumstances surrounding her disappearance to contact Detective Nesreen Shawihat at 905-546-4863.

To provide information anonymously, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com''

Search for Hamilton mother Emily Bailey now a homicide investigation | CBC News
Mar 02, 2022 rbbm.
"We believe events surrounding her disappearance have indicated the possibility of foul play," said Det. Sgt. Jim Callender at a Wednesday press conference at the Hamilton Police Service central station.

Police are looking for more information on the owner of a dark GMC or Chevrolet pickup truck that Bailey "had some sort of connection or association with" in the week before her disappearance, he said.

Detectives would like to speak with anyone who saw her during the last week of 2021. ''
'''The police are looking for mommy'
Bailey is the mother of two daughters — Harper, 3, and Kynslee, 2. Wednesday's press conference took place the same day as Kynslee's second birthday, making the day an emotional one for Bailey's mother, Lori Bevan.''

''Bailey interacted with a truck just before disappearing
Callender said Bailey interacted with the truck in question during her last week. He also said she appeared to be looking for a ride somewhere on Dec. 31. Police have been told she attended a New Year's party on Weir Street the night before her disappearance, but Callender said they have little information about the party. They're trying to find out more.

"It's reported to have been a party," he said. "I have no information that's what happened."

He said investigators have uploaded Bailey's information and DNA to a national database for missing people, but have not found any matches.''

image.jpg

Homicide unit taking over investigation into missing woman in Hamilton, Ont. | CP24.com
"I know somebody knows something and somebody needs to come forward and tell somebody. We need to know what happened, answers, anything. For our sake and for her girls, her little girls.”

Bailey’s youngest daughter turned two years old today.

Anyone with information is being asked to contact police at 905-546-4863 or to reach out to Crime Stoppers anonymously.''

''Hamilton Police Homicide investigators have taken over the search for missing person Emily Bailey.
Obviously not a positive sign. If the Homicide group is involved then there must be some indication of foul play, as mentioned in the MSM link. At this time we don't know what those signs/indications might be AFAIK.

Homicide unit taking over investigation into missing woman in Hamilton, Ont. | CP24.com

[...]
According to investigators, 23-year-old Emily Bailey attended a New Year’s Eve party on Weir Street North and then left an acquaintance’s house the next day.
[...]

So Emily attended a New Years Eve party, and then supposedly left an acquaintance’s house the next day. There are no details regarding this "acquaintance", so we don't know if this person is a friend of Emily's, a possible romantic partner, or perhaps someone she met at the party.
Police are looking for more information on the owner of a dark GMC or Chevrolet pickup truck that Bailey "had some sort of connection or association with" in the week before her disappearance, he said.
Is perhaps the pickup truck owner the same "acquaintance" mentioned above?

I'm getting the impression Emily is a single mother, but that's not necessarily correct. We know she has two children but AFAIK there's been no mention of any current or ex BF/husband.

Maybe I missed it but I don't see a mention of Emily having a cell phone with her when she disappeared.

@dotr thanks for the link. Being out of touch with her family is clearly unusual for Emily. I'm assuming the people standing behind her mother are her brother and sister?

Nothing in the video was mentioned about this 'dark GMC or Chevy pickup truck'. Seems logical to assume that if the truck belonged to someone close to Emily then her family or friends would know who the owner might be.

We still have no additional information about Emily's background and relationship status, or how/if this 'dark GMC or Chevy pickup truck' is involved with her disappearance. It makes sense that if Emily was in a relationship with someone driving a truck like this then her friends or family would know the owner.

Last edited by a moderator:

[...]
According to investigators, 23-year-old Emily Bailey attended a New Year’s Eve party on Weir Street North and then left an acquaintance’s house the next day.
[...]

So Emily attended a New Years Eve party, and then supposedly left an acquaintance’s house the next day. There are no details regarding this "acquaintance", so we don't know if this person is a friend of Emily's, a possible romantic partner, or perhaps someone she met at the party.

[I'm getting the impression Emily is a single mother, but that's not necessarily correct. We know she has two children but AFAIK there's been no mention of any current or ex BF/husband.]
Obviously not a positive sign. If the Homicide group is involved then there must be some indication of foul play, as mentioned in the MSM link. At this time we don't know what those signs/indications might be AFAIK.

[...]
[...]

I'm getting the impression Emily is a single mother, but that's not necessarily correct. We know she has two children but AFAIK there's been no mention of any current or ex BF/husband.

Maybe I missed it but I don't see a mention of Emily having a cell phone with her when she disappeared.

The ex boyfriend was mentioned in the posted video below & he was the one who originally reported Emily missing on the 10th of Jan 2022 - hope this helps. The ones standing up for this are the mother brother sister and ex boyfriend

We still have no additional information about Emily's background and relationship status, or how/if this 'dark GMC or Chevy pickup truck' is involved with her disappearance. It makes sense that if Emily was in a relationship with someone driving a truck like this then her friends or family would know the owner.

You’re definitely onto something worth noting down there at the end of your quote. :)

I’m back because I’ve noticed an inconsistency of the time periods provided to us via 20division in hamilton vs. what’s posted publicly in the about section of the Facebook group - [Missing: Emily Bailey - Hamilton Ontario]

Stated in The description under the ABOUT tab it states - “Emily was last seen on January 2nd 2022 around Barton/Kenilworth in Hamilton, Ontario.”

HOPE FOR EMILY!
This group was also created by someone connected to Emily with the same date:
“[we want answer's
we want Emily home
we NEED JUSTICE!!! the mother of my daughter is missing, Emily bailey was last seen and heard from on January 2nd 2022…]”

In this YouTube video of this conference meeting they had this Sargent said at 6:27 that Emily’s last activities are reported be be on Jan 1st 2022 not Jan 2nd 2022.

i know that this is a day off but and could just be a misunderstanding between communication but in my opinion this does not seem right.
Was she last seen/heard from on the 1st of January, or is it the 2nd of January?
If she went missing on the second of January according to these flyers and posts, wouldn’t there be quite a lot of information being held back at that point a whole days worth?

Did anyone ever find details on why Emily's disappearance is being treated as a homicide? I saw this in a MSM report a month ago but nothing since:

“At this time, the circumstances surrounding her disappearance have indicated the possibility of foul play. As a result, the investigation has now been turned over to the homicide unit.”

Homicide unit taking over investigation into missing woman in Hamilton, Ont.

Any further news about this 'dark GMC or Chevy pickup truck' mentioned in the MSM reports?

Last edited:
Welcome to Ws @aquariusmoon, thank you for the link..
''SUNDAY, APRIL 3, 2022 AT 2:00 PM EDT
Poster Rally for Emily Bailey

Hamilton Gage Park''
277667302_3168037460184585_9215508871109342945_n.jpg

I’m curious to know why they chose this location?

the flyers they’ve posted clearly state Kenilworth and Barton, while her last known sighting was located near Weir and Britannia: why for the sake of logic do these search parties and meet ups keep happening outside of this last know radius???

The most recent thread on that page states another great question: “[has Windermere park been searched yet]…?”

Windermere park is contains a large body of water with a natural catch basin, they even looked for Holly there so why haven’t they looked for Emily there?

I’m curious to know why they chose this location?

the flyers they’ve posted clearly state Kenilworth and Barton, while her last known sighting was located near Weir and Britannia: why for the sake of logic do these search parties and meet ups keep happening outside of this last know radius???

The most recent thread on that page states another great question: “[has Windermere park been searched yet]…?”

Windermere park is contains a large body of water with a natural catch basin, they even looked for Holly there so why haven’t they looked for Emily there?

interesting! did anybody ask why they chose the location?
im also more interested to know WHO made the end decision for the location.

she could still be alive right? do they check hotels etc, and is it possible for the search teams, to look up for her last purchase with her creditcard? i mean if she is alive, which i think she is, and hope for, she needs to stay somewhere?

she could still be alive right? do they check hotels etc, and is it possible for the search teams, to look up for her last purchase with her creditcard? i mean if she is alive, which i think she is, and hope for, she needs to stay somewhere?
It would be wonderful if Emily is still alive!
If true, then wondering if there are abandoned shacks, fishing huts, cottages ect where Emily could hide from the world for awhile? speculation, imo.

Sometimes it is hard not to bring comments up especially as they pertain to a missing person, but i try and avoid it so as not to have my post go missing too, lol!
Sticking to main stream news is safer and follows Ws rules, although one could allude to what has been said with an added imo (In my opinion) ect. type comment added to post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata
Back