CANADA Canada - Emily Bailey, 23, New Years Eve party, Hamilton, Ontario, 31 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another factor to consider: Motivation. Who would have reasons to want Emily to disappear?

MOO, but if Emily willing disappeared on her own for some reason it seems very likely that she would have contacted her family long before now.

In most MSM reports about her disappearance, the topic of substance abuse is mentioned. Is it possible Emily was involved with a sketchy group of people and her disappearance was somehow related to drugs?

Regarding motivational factors, I'm wondering if her pregnancy at this time was a contributing factor to her disappearance?

Where’s Emily Bailey?

Per the CBC link above, the residence where Emily was last seen was the one on Weir Street that she shared with her BF.

I would hope and expect that Hamilton police have interviewed the homeowner at length regarding Emily's disappearance but there's no mention of that in the MSM reports I've seen.

Jan 16 2022
I just started reading this thread and have only one thing to say so far. This video should have come with "get your tissues ready" warning, @dotr! Listening to Emily's oldest daughter say "Mummy" while someone wipes away her tears is heartbreaking. :( MOO

I’m curious to know why they chose this location?

the flyers they’ve posted clearly state Kenilworth and Barton, while her last known sighting was located near Weir and Britannia: why for the sake of logic do these search parties and meet ups keep happening outside of this last know radius???

The most recent thread on that page states another great question: “[has Windermere park been searched yet]…?”

Windermere park is contains a large body of water with a natural catch basin, they even looked for Holly there so why haven’t they looked for Emily there?
Emily experienced homelessness and was living in a tent at one point. Based on the article below, it doesn't sound like there are still tents at Hamilton Gage Park, but there used to be homeless encampments there so this location makes sense to me. MOO

ETA: I should have read further...it would seem that the location of this vigil also supports that theory. Gage Park vigil in Hamilton to mark missing woman Emily Bailey's 24th birthday

Last edited:
Where’s Emily Bailey?

Thanks to @Laughing for providing that link. Very good MSM report on Emily's case.

After reading that report I'm curious what Hamilton police know about the homeowner on Weir St. This report indicates he was Emily's BF and she was living with him at the time she disappeared. His residence was searched several times by LE, but there's no mention about what, if anything, was discovered by those searches.
It may amount to nothing but there's a small detail in this article that stands out to me.

The last contact Hunter had with Emily was at 2:36 a.m. on New Year’s Day, when he sent her a Facebook message wishing her a happy new year. While she didn’t respond, he said the Messenger software shows it was the last message from him that she read.

How do we know she read it? I would guess she did since she was supposedly seen later between 8AM and 12PM. But even so, was she the only one who read it?

Hunter said Emily had started seeing someone new and soon moved into the property owned by Johnson. By the time she messaged Hunter to say she was pregnant, on Nov. 24, the couple was already “on and off,” as far as Hunter understood things.

So, she and JJ were on and off. She was pregnant. She had communication with her ex. That night. How did JJ feel about that?

MOO

The last contact Hunter had with Emily was at 2:36 a.m. on New Year’s Day, when he sent her a Facebook message wishing her a happy new year. While she didn’t respond, he said the Messenger software shows it was the last message from him that she read.

How do we know she read it? I would guess she did since she was supposedly seen later between 8AM and 12PM. But even so, was she the only one who read it?
Very good question. AFAIK there's no way to tell who actually read that message. Emily's account would have to be logged in to view the message, but I don't believe there's any way to know if Emily was actually the person who read it.

So, she and JJ were on and off. She was pregnant. She had communication with her ex. That night. How did JJ feel about that?
Another good question. I'm not aware of any information in MSM regarding JJ, his whereabouts at the time, etc. but hopefully LE has interviewed him thoroughly regarding Emily's disappearance. Based on the CBC link below, and several other similar MSM reports, we know the house on Weir St. has been searched one or more times, but so far we don't have any information about those searches or what they may have turned up.

[...]
Hamilton police eventually searched the house on a warrant in July, spokesperson Jackie Penman confirmed to CBC. Neighbours say police have been back several times since.
[...]

Where’s Emily Bailey?

I'm wondering about this so-called 'party' that Emily may have attended on New Year's Eve. Has anyone found any clarification or details about this? It's been mentioned several times in MSM but none of the reports provide any information.

Some MSM reports suggest Emily was last seen at this 'party', while other reports indicate she may have been seen the next day.

It has recently come to my attention that there are four podcasts from 2022 detailing information regarding Emily's background and events surrounding her disappearance. The WS admin team approved the use of these specific podcasts in Emily's MP case, so I will post some of the key points from each podcast.

To help follow WS guidelines I have removed the full names of the individuals mentioned and simply refer to them by their initials, however their names are used throughout the podcasts.

I would encourage anyone interested in Emily's disappearance to listen to these podcasts.

General podcast notes:

• All four podcasts were produced in 2022 so they may not contain the most current information.
• Emily is a 23 year old mother of two young children.
• There are multiple versions of Emily’s disappearance and 'last seen' reports.

Full names of individuals have been changed to initials:

• LB: Emily's mother
• BB: Emily's brother
• NM: Emily's close friend
• BH: Emily's former BF, father of one of her children
• JJ: Emily's BF at the time of her disappearance

Emily Bailey is Missing in Canada - Part 1 - Emily's mother

• Emily Last seen on/about 1 January, 2022, in Hamilton.
• For years Emily was dealing with MH issues, including drug addiction, but was reluctant to discuss these issues with her family.
• Emily sometimes distanced herself from family and friends when using drugs.
• Around the time she disappeared, Emily was homeless, often staying with friends.
• Emily posted regularly to SM (TikTok, FB, IG, etc.).
• Emily had scheduled visits with both of her children that she never missed.
• Emily always called or visited with her family on holidays, birthdays, etc.
• Emily has a very close relationship with her brother BB.
• Emily used drugs as a teenager.
• Emily stopped taking drugs during pregnancy but started using drugs again after having children.
• Emily became homeless, living in a tent in warmer weather.
• Emily had plans to return to school and find employment, planned to attend drug counseling.
• A black pickup truck may be connected with her case.
• Early in the missing person investigation, Hamilton police reclassified her case as a homicide.
• Her mother last saw Emily in November of 2021, and last spoke with her in December, 2021.
• Emily planned to visit her oldest daughter in January but didn't arrive or call.
• Emily supposedly attended an 'alleged party' on Weir St. in Hamilton on 31 December.

General podcast notes:

• All four podcasts were produced in 2022 so they may not contain the most current information.

Emily Bailey is Missing in Canada - Part 2 - Emily's brother

• Emily possibly started a job before her disappearance.
• Emily had plans to return to school.
• Before she disappeared, Emily was planning to attend drug counseling.
• Emily was supposedly last seen at Kenilworth Ave N and Barton St E, or on Weir St, depending on the source, possibly "with friends".
• Last spoke with BB during December, 2021.
• Her last TikTok post was 12 December, 2021.
• Emily was staying with a current BF on Weir St. during December, 2021.
• Her family has received conflicting stories from different people regarding ‘last seen’ reports.
• Emily's former BF (BH) had a very good relationship with Emily and talked regularly.

General podcast notes:

Emily Bailey is Missing in Canada - Part 3 – Emily’s Friend

• Emily often stayed at a friends house when she was 'homeless'.
• Emily was dating a 'very physical' man for year and half, and it was a dangerous/toxic/abusive relationship.
• During the months of August through October, 2021 she was 'very concerned' for Emily's safety.
• In October, 2021, Emily met JJ (NM's brother-in-law),
• Emily seemed much happier, and she began staying with JJ at his home on Weir St. in Hamilton.
• Emily seemed angry/depressed in her TikTok videos, but did not seem that way in person.
• Emily talked with her former BF (the 'very physical' man) a few times, but it's not clear if she was in contact with him at time of disappearance.
• Emily spent Christmas evening with NM.
• Emily visited NM on Dec 28th, both dyed their hair green, and Emily stayed for dinner.
• On New Years Eve, Emily and JJ visited Nikki for about 25 minutes.
• NM later turned over DVRs of her home security system to LE.
• During the visit Emily said she wanted to 'hang out' with JJ on New Years Eve.
• NM called for a cab, and the cab picked them up about 10:30PM, drove them to JJ's house on Weir St.
• The cab driver said they both arrived there.
• It's possible the 'party' could have been just Emily drinking with JJ, as Emily did not mention of going to a party.
• LE searched JJ's home on Weir St., around 10 January.
• JJ claimed to have had hand surgery and COVID, and refused to let LE enter his home.
• JJ supposedly had hand injury (a bad cut) from 'sharpening a chain saw' around 2-3 January.
• NM texted Emily, asking about JJ's hand, but received no reply from Emily.
• JJ is about 10 years older than Emily.
• LE searched the milling property used by JJ in Dunnville, ONT, but nothing was found.
• JJ owns a black truck, which was impounded by police in November, 2021.
• NM’s BF also has a black truck, and JJ borrowed it often after his own truck was impounded.
• LE inspected the truck but nothing of significance was found.

General podcast notes:

Emily Bailey is Missing in Canada - Part 4 - BH

• BH met Emily in 2018.
• Emily lived with BH in Scarborough/Toronto for 3 or 4 months.
• BH is the father of Emily's older daughter.
• In October, 2021, Emily was living in a tent.
• BH was released from jail on drug-related charges and was under house arrest in Scarborough.
• Emily and BH reconnected and talked almost daily.
• Emily texted BH around 12:30PM on 31 December, asking for ride.
• BH sent Emily a message on Facebook at 2:39AM on 1 January, which was the last message opened/read by Emily, but no response.
• JJ was involved in shoplifting/reselling stolen goods and needed a vehicle.
• On 24 November, Emily told BH that she was pregnant, and said she had a positive pregnancy test.
• According to Brandon, Emily had an “on and off” and "rocky" relationship with Jeff.
• BH contacted LE, reporting Emily missing on 10 January.
• BH contacted JJ via Facebook in early January, asking where Emily was.
• BH drove to Jeff's house in Hamilton, JJ appeared to be on drugs at the time.
• JJ invited Brandon into his house.
• BH sees a stack of phones in JJ's living room.
• JJ told BH that his truck was impounded in November, 2021.
• JJ told BH that on New Years Eve he and Emily got into argument,
• JJ indicated Emily left his home but didn't say where she was going.
• On 9 February BH was arrested for violating house arrest, spending four months in jail.
• Emily told BH she planned to have an abortion.

Bravo @Dargon, and thank you! I've made it through the first one so far and hope to make it through all of them. MOO

May 18 2023
1684455397691.png

''Family members of missing Hamilton woman Emily Bailey are facing new questions about what happened to her, after a post appeared on one of her social media accounts Wednesday — almost a year and half since the young mother disappeared.

The TikTok post, which now has more than 150 comments from people speculating about who it came from, features a photo of a dog and 15 seconds of the song "Cupid" by K-pop girl group Fifty Fifty.

Bailey's mom, Lori Bevan, says she was taking her break at work when she learned about it.

"I felt really numb and thought, 'Who would do that?'" she said Thursday. "I was at work and all of a sudden I had to go home because I was shaking."

''Bevan says she has spoken to investigators about the TikTok post, and says they plan to ask the social media platform for more information on the device and location of the person who posted it. CBC contacted police to confirm whether this was happening, but did not hear back by the time of publication.

"[The police] said it could take 30 to 60 days," said Bevan. "They think it's a hacker."

May 24, 2023
''Hamilton police have requested information from TikTok after a photo was published on the account of a woman missing for over a year. Emily Bailey disappeared at the age of 23 and was last seen leaving a home on Weir St. North on Jan. 1, 2022 following a party the previous night. Two months later, the homicide unit took over the investigation due to their belief of foul play being involved in the disappearance of the mother of two. Despite past issues with drugs and homelessness, Bailey’s loved ones have said she remained connected with her daughters and was trying to turn her life around before she disappeared. Almost a year and a half after her disappearance, a photo of a dog laying on grass with a stick in its mouth was posted on Bailey’s TikTok account. The song “Cupid” by the South Korean girl group Fifty Fifty is also playing. Police told CHCH News that investigators believe her account was hacked. Officers have contacted TikTok in order to receive information about the origin of the post. “This requires judicial authorization and will take time and investigative follow-up,” a police spokesperson said in an email to CHCH News. Anyone with information on Bailey’s disappearance is asked to contact investigators at 905-546-4863.''

Does anyone know the current status of Emily's BF? Based on MSM reports, Emily's last known location was the house she shared with him on Weir St.

''Family members of missing Hamilton woman Emily Bailey are facing new questions about what happened to her, after a post appeared on one of her social media accounts Wednesday — almost a year and half since the young mother disappeared.

The TikTok post, which now has more than 150 comments from people speculating about who it came from, features a photo of a dog and 15 seconds of the song "Cupid" by K-pop girl group Fifty Fifty.
MOO, but assuming Emily had the opportunity to post a message on her SM then I would expect the content to be quite different from this. A message to her children and family would seem more likely IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata
Back