CANADA Canada - Emily Bailey, 23, New Years Eve party, Hamilton, Ontario, 31 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MOD NOTE:

Many posts have been removed due to breaking TOS with respect to social media pages. Please review the following rules for using social media pages as sources at Websleuths.

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)
  • Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by Friends on these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Do not link to a victim or suspect's social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages

Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).
  • Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.
NOT ALLOWED

Names or images of minor children are not allowed unless they are the missing or deceased victim.

Social media page of family members and/or friends of either a victim or a suspect, and most any other individual are OFF LIMITS. Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.

NOTE:

Exceptions to any of the above must be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via an Alert (using the Report feature) or by private message.

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from their personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

I haven't been able to circle back to this thread for a couple of days but I must have missed something... Has there been any news on Emily?

@dotr thanks for sharing this MSM report. This family is clearly having a very rough time coping with Emily's disappearance.

‘We need to find her’: Emily Bailey’s family holding onto hope as search continues | TheSpec.com

[...]
Saturday marked just over three months since Bailey was last seen leaving a home where she had been staying on Weir Street North, a residential street east of Barton Street East and Kenilworth Avenue North, on the morning of New Year’s Day. The 23-year-old mother of two had indicated she was going to a friend’s place, but never made it. Nine days later, after friends and family realized that no one had heard from her, she was reported missing.
[...]

Do we know who owned the home on Weir Street where Emily was staying? Has that person(s) been interviewed by LE? What about the 'friend' Emily was going to see? Do we know anything about that person? Also, there has been nothing new mentioned about this 'dark GMC or Chevy' pickup truck mentioned earlier in the thread.

We seem to be missing key pieces of information here.

[...]
Bailey lived a hard life, including struggling with addiction and homelessness. But she always maintained contact with family and friends, especially checking on her girls. She often posted on social media and loved holidays.
[...]

ETA: I think one post in this thread mentioned a TikTok account that Emily had but I cant find that post now. It may have been removed for some reason.

Last edited:
@dotr thanks for sharing this MSM report. This family is clearly having a very rough time coping with Emily's disappearance.

‘We need to find her’: Emily Bailey’s family holding onto hope as search continues | TheSpec.com

[...]
Saturday marked just over three months since Bailey was last seen leaving a home where she had been staying on Weir Street North, a residential street east of Barton Street East and Kenilworth Avenue North, on the morning of New Year’s Day. The 23-year-old mother of two had indicated she was going to a friend’s place, but never made it. Nine days later, after friends and family realized that no one had heard from her, she was reported missing.
[...]

Do we know who owned the home on Weir Street where Emily was staying? Has that person(s) been interviewed by LE? What about the 'friend' Emily was going to see? Do we know anything about that person? Also, there has been nothing new mentioned about this 'dark GMC or Chevy' pickup truck mentioned earlier in the thread.

We seem to be missing key pieces of information here.

[...]
Bailey lived a hard life, including struggling with addiction and homelessness. But she always maintained contact with family and friends, especially checking on her girls. She often posted on social media and loved holidays.
[...]

ETA: I think one post in this thread mentioned a TikTok account that Emily had but I cant find that post now. It may have been removed for some reason.

yes i posted the tik tok it has been removed since it wasnt contributing to the main rules of this forum, also im new, so figuring out what is relevant and not relevant to post, and im sure i ll be better at it soon.

i have the same questions as you, lets see, hopefully the answers will come soon.

Update on her disappearance.

"The two friends lived in different cities — Tooley in Toronto and Emily in Hamilton — and had previously stayed in touch regularly by video call. But after 23-year-old Emily started seeing someone new in the fall of 2021, it seemed she rarely was able to talk.

Then, on Nov. 25, 2021, Emily texted her friend a photo of a positive pregnancy test. Tooley said they spoke about it shortly afterwards, and Emily was worried. She already had two daughters, aged 2 and 4, from different fathers, and had also struggled with drugs and homelessness, sometimes living in a tent. Both her children were in the care of their grandmothers.

“She didn’t know what to do,” said Tooley. “She was very, very, very scared.”

Five weeks later, in early January 2022, Emily disappeared. She hasn’t been heard from since."

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so using one of the places below. Please put "FOR THE MODS" in the description. Thank you.
PayPal
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

DID YOU KNOW BY THE END OF THE DAY OUR MODS WILL HAVE HANDLED HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF ALERTS? YOU WOULD NOT KNOW THIS BECAUSE THAT IS HOW GOOD THE MODS ARE AT THEIR JOBS.

One of the many things I love about Websleuths is we can come on here, discuss true crime, and not have to deal with all the stupid drama and baloney we have to deal with on other platforms. Do you know why? It is the hard work of our wonderful volunteer moderators.

Because of these incredible moderators, you don't see the following, the trolls that constantly try and disrupt. You don't see the newbies who don't know the rules and post a bunch of unproven rumors in cases, You don't see the mean people insulting your posts, you don't see the stupid threats angry people post, and guess what? I could go on and on. In other words, the mods make your experience the best you can find when it comes to discussing true crime.

If you could donate even one dollar that would be great. If half the people that come to Websleuths today donated one dollar we would be able to give the mods a wonderful bonus for all their hard work.

One hundred percent of the money raised goes to the moderators.

If you cannot donate we completely understand. If you could please post a word of thanks to our mods on THIS THREAD that would be wonderful.

If you would like to donate to the moderators at Websleuths.com please do so using one of the places below and be sure and put in the description "FOR THE MODS"
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
OR you can use
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. It costs nothing to join and it never will.
If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.
Thank you,

Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

Still missing...

ETA:

ETA: listed under #1

Last edited:

Hamilton, Ontario Canada
A Young mom had disappeared. She has 2 young kids. She's now been missing over a year, With no new info. Police have considered it a homicide as there is no way she would abandon her kids.
Family has asked for any info to be passed on as they are very concerned for her safety.
No one has heard from her in over a year. She left her boyfriends house to goto a new years eve party but never made it to the party.

Where’s Emily Bailey?

Thanks to @Laughing for providing that link. Very good MSM report on Emily's case.

After reading that report I'm curious what Hamilton police know about the homeowner on Weir St. This report indicates he was Emily's BF and she was living with him at the time she disappeared. His residence was searched several times by LE, but there's no mention about what, if anything, was discovered by those searches.

Both interesting and concerning to note that shortly before she disappeared Emily indicated to friends that she was pregnant and was scared about it. It's unclear whether that could factor into her disappearance, but certainly worth asking.

Also, I recall the fact that LE was looking for the owner of a dark GMC/Chevy truck. Anyone know if Emily's BF owned a truck that matches that description?

The 23-year-old mother of two was last seen leaving a home where she had been staying on Weir Street North, a residential street east of Barton Street East and Kenilworth Avenue North, on the morning of New Year’s Day.

Bailey had indicated she was going to a friend’s place, but never made it. Nine days later, after friends and family realized that no one had heard from her, she was reported missing.

Then in early March, Hamilton police announced that the homicide unit had taken over her case as the circumstances surrounding her disappearance had suggested the possibility of foul play.

In a statement to The Spectator on Thursday, police spokesperson Jackie Penman confirmed they had obtained a search warrant at an address on Weir Street North as part of their investigation.

It’s unclear if that home is the same residence that Bailey had been staying in prior to her disappearance.

Earlier this spring, Penman told The Spectator that investigators believe there are individuals that know what happened to Bailey.

“We continue to encourage those individuals to come forward,” she said, in a previous statement. “Emily’s family and friends deserve to know what happened to her.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata
Back