Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/human-re...ssing-man-eugene-kim-police-confirm-1.3829901
attachment.php

“There is disbelief of what has happened with so many questions that still surround us,” the statement said.

“Thank you to everyone who continued to share and spread the word on his disappearance.”

Kim’s family has planned for a visitation on Thursday ahead of a funeral on Friday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 285
All I can say is at least he was found. I couldn't imagine going through a lifetime of not knowing. May he rest in peace

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

If suicide was the plan, I wonder if he went to the park but found it was too busy so went to this other location.

I am also confused by the report of the second person. Was a second person on the permit or just seen? I am also wondering if there was a suicide note which is why the police said no foul play so quickly.

I can understand him lying to his wife so that if she knew what he was planning then she couldn't talk him out of it. I wonder if dropping the kids off at school was a regular activity for him.

And so many suicidal people don't leave clear signs of their distress. Many cover up their pain so that they don't hurt the ones they love. Sounds like there is more to this story but my heart goes out to the family especially his kids who were the last ones to see him when he dropped them off.
Coming from Eugene's standpoint, maybe it seemed an obvious giveaway if it was just him going camping, so he just added a name to make it seem legit. As a family man, he probably did most things with his family, and too him it might be obvious too others something was amiss, IMO

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

In my admitted smallness of thinking, I find it hard to reconcile how someone would commit suicide and be sensitive to 'their loved ones'.... the fact that he has 'loved ones' i.e those he loves and those he knows love him .. why would he kill himself and hurt so many???

I lost my wife to suicide in 2016. I loved her, she loved me, very deeply. However her illness took her to a very dark place. I had grief counselling afterwards and the grief counsellor explained to me how people who successfully suicide lose their focus on all other things in life. They can only see suicide as an answer. It's a phenomenon called the "suicide tunnel". It reassured me that my wife DID love me, despite her suicide, she just couldn't get past the issues she was dealing with, and for her suicide was the way to make the pain stop.

In my admitted smallness of thinking, I find it hard to reconcile how someone would commit suicide and be sensitive to 'their loved ones'.... the fact that he has 'loved ones' i.e those he loves and those he knows love him .. why would he kill himself and hurt so many???

I agree with you. However, I also know that in some cases the person starts to feel worthless and a burden on the loved ones that he truly believes the loved ones and the world in general, would be better off without him, and that dying would solve all problems.

Maybe at that point the police told the family they are pretty confident it is him but need to wait for autopsy confirmation. Or the family had strong suspicions as they knew he may have had suicidal tendancies.

The family knew soon after the car was found, that it was Eugene in the car.

"Kim's mother, Myung Sook Kim, told CBC News on Thursday, before the autopsy was completed, that the family was "99.9 per cent" certain the body inside the car belonged to her son..."
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/eugene-kim-1.4563226

I lost my wife to suicide in 2016. I loved her, she loved me, very deeply. However her illness took her to a very dark place. I had grief counselling afterwards and the grief counsellor explained to me how people who successfully suicide lose their focus on all other things in life. They can only see suicide as an answer. It's a phenomenon called the "suicide tunnel". It reassured me that my wife DID love me, despite her suicide, she just couldn't get past the issues she was dealing with, and for her suicide was the way to make the pain stop.
thanks for the insight. very sorry for your loss.

I agree with you. However, I also know that in some cases the person starts to feel worthless and a burden on the loved ones that he truly believes the loved ones and the world in general, would be better off without him, and that dying would solve all problems.
yes, Blef described it well. ... the singular focus ignoring all else. Very sad.

I have not seen any information about the cause of death for Eugene. LE has said his cause of death is not suspicious which leads me to believe its suicide but I guess autopsy results will give a more reliable COD. If Eugene did shoot himself a gun should have been found in the car.

I'm still in complete shock by this outcome. I always believed he was unfortunately deceased (RIP Eugene, and my condolences to his loved ones), but I wasn't particularly of the opinion that it was suicide. I hope there is solid reasoning for LE to believe that no foul play occurred. With the culture being what it is atm, I just sincerely hope they've done their due diligence.

They suspect he died a few hours after dropping off his children? He was in communication with his wife well into the late evening, so I'm unsure of how that make sense.

You can schedule text messages to arrive later. I suspect she received automated text messages.

Why do that though? What benefit to him/her?

I don't know his state of mind, of course.

But I noticed before, his car was sighted on surveilance video very close to where it was eventually found, the footage is stamped 16:43 pm. (The Help us Find Eugene Kim Facebook posted this last Oct. 29).

And it occurred to me, I find it hard to imagine sitting in a cold car in the dark for hours, sending messages every few hours to my wife saying I'll be late coming home. If someone's that suicidal, they'll get it over with.

He went to great lengths to hide, so the text messages appear to me to have been intended to delay his wife's alarm and a search.

I don't know his state of mind, of course.

But I noticed before, his car was sighted on surveilance video very close to where it was eventually found, the footage is stamped 16:43 pm. (The Help us Find Eugene Kim Facebook posted this last Oct. 29).

And it occurred to me, I find it hard to imagine sitting in a cold car in the dark for hours, sending messages every few hours to my wife saying I'll be late coming home. If someone's that suicidal, they'll get it over with.

He went to great lengths to hide, so the text messages appear to me to have been intended to delay his wife's alarm and a search.
There would be no point to that though, only to cause a lengthier missing persons investigation and more pain to his loved ones. I don't think he would purposely do that. Would anyone? What's the point of delaying his wife's alarm and search?

I think it's more likely that the article is written inaccurately, or something else is going on.

He could have been doing anything in the area from the time of his surveillance sighting, to the last moments of his life and text messages.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee
Back