Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just looked up info on Algonquin Park to make sure that I had all my ducks in a row.

For those of you who don't know, Algonquin Park is the oldest National Park in Canada. It is 7,653 sq. km. In the park are 1,500 lakes and 1,200 km of streams. It is beyond HUGE with LOTS OF WATER.

To search Algonquin would be a Herculean task at best.

This past summer a school trip took a tragic turn with the drowning of a student. It took 2 days to bring all the students out of the park by Helicopters etc.

If EK is in the park still, (or ever was), he may NEVER be found. LE may do some flyovers and maybe send in some drones but it's impossible to check the entire park. Impossible.

The other issue to consider is wildlife in Alongquin. Bears, wolves, moose. This is their habitat. They are there.

I still believe that EK used Algonquin as a means to disappear. Let people think he's there but he's moved on. I think he had a plan.

MOO
RBBM

"LE may do some flyovers and maybe send in some drones but it's impossible to check the entire park. Impossible": So unfortunate, but so true ... :(.

Somewhat of good news: A fundraising page has been set up to to help pay for search efforts and to ease the financial strain on his wife and their children, and it has raised $41,793 in just three days (the original goal was $10,000). Perhaps the family can bring in some outside resources -in addition to LE- to carry out additional aerial and water searches.

I'm not sure why, but this case sounds eerily famililar to the Jeffrey Boucher case.

No known history of depression or mental illness. Simply disappeared while out for a run. His body washed up on the shores of Lake Ontario about 2 months later. I think it was deemed "accidental" except that it did not make sense why he would run that far south on a morning where he had to work that day. My opnion is that Mr. Boucher took is own life, but why? We will never know.

With Eugene Kim, it's very clear that he left by his own will based on the text messages to his wife. I want to hear more about WHO he got the permit with, if there really was someone. Why don't we know more about that??? It's so key to the case! Without that information I would say it's most likely a suicide...a place where he wouldn't be found and a place that makes him happy as he enjoyed camping. Mirroring Jeffrey Boucher who was an avid runner and loved running by the Lake.

As for the missing car, if it is a suicide then he really could have driven the car into a lake. But WHO is that other person? That part just does not make sense to me.

So very sorry for his family and children. :'(

Oct 10 2017
http://www.nugget.ca/2017/10/10/lots-of-tips-but-no-location
attachment.php

Despite numerous tips coming in, there is still no information on the whereabouts of Eugene Kim or his vehicle.

Investigators with the York Regional Police #2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau continue to seek public assistance in locating a 38-year-old man missing from the City of Markham.
Police are asking the public to continue to watch for his vehicle

Kim is described as Male, Korean, 38-years-old, 5’9, 185 lbs, black hair, black vehicle, 2010 Nissan Rogue with License plate BJJD 108.
rbbm.

Attachments

• 1297998465922_ORIGINAL.jpg
    1297998465922_ORIGINAL.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 234
I'm not sure why, but this case sounds eerily famililar to the Jeffrey Boucher case.

No known history of depression or mental illness. Simply disappeared while out for a run. His body washed up on the shores of Lake Ontario about 2 months later. I think it was deemed "accidental" except that it did not make sense why he would run that far south on a morning where he had to work that day. My opnion is that Mr. Boucher took is own life, but why? We will never know.

With Eugene Kim, it's very clear that he left by his own will based on the text messages to his wife. I want to hear more about WHO he got the permit with, if there really was someone. Why don't we know more about that??? It's so key to the case! Without that information I would say it's most likely a suicide...a place where he wouldn't be found and a place that makes him happy as he enjoyed camping. Mirroring Jeffrey Boucher who was an avid runner and loved running by the Lake.

As for the missing car, if it is a suicide then he really could have driven the car into a lake. But WHO is that other person? That part just does not make sense to me.

So very sorry for his family and children. :'(

(Bolded by me)

From this article:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/family...ea-man-grows-increasingly-desperate-1.3624511

“There was an eyewitness who could confirm after seeing the broadcast earlier this week that it was indeed Eugene Kim who came into the building and signed for the permit,” Lim said. “There was a second name he put on that permit but there's no eyewitness who can confirm there was actually a second person there."

I gather that means he came in alone, but put down two names for the campsite permit? I wonder if he had written down "Mr and Mrs [fake name]".

I wonder if the 9:30pm text to his wife was a timed, pre-scheduled message via an app that didn’t require his phone to be on, or for him to physically push the send button? And maybe the response to his wife’s 11:20pm text was an auto-reply message? Working for Bell, Mr. Kim would certainly have all the latest apps and advanced technical know-how.

If he powered his phone off at 4:30pm (final cell tower connection) after he last spoke to his wife, automated text apps would’ve bought him some time until the next morning. His wife would probably have gone to bed thinking she’d see him early the next day, ergo delaying the alarm being raised.

Just a thought, I have no idea what the latest technology is vis-à-vis pre-programmable messaging. Anyone?

Not that this has anything to do with Mr Kim, but there is another Korean from Toronto, who may or may not be missing from a church group on an overseas trip. fwiw.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?347506-You-Soon-Ju-58-TO-left-w-church-group-for-overseas-trip-Dec-2016
[h=2]You Soon Ju,58,TO, left w.church group for overseas trip, Dec.2016[/h]

You thought of that too, eh, dotr?! I was thinking the same but you beat me to the punch. :D

Toronto has a large ethnic Korean population, but it still may be significant that two individuals from that ethnicity go missing under very mysterious circumstances.

In terms of the Scarboro Golf Club discovery:

The site is pretty far from Markham and certainly nowhere near Algonquin Park.

There are no bodies of water that directly link any of the above areas.

If someone trying to harm Eugene or Eugene himself were to return to Toronto, they would have to contend with all GTA police forces looking for him and his vehicle. I doubt it is him.

It is not the first time a suspicious death has occurred in that area, btw. There has been at least one set of remains located in that ravine, that I can recall. Also, homicides/suicides on the nearby CNR railway line.

Even so, it was be scary for the family to watch these types of news reports, in case...

Euge was a former colleague of 10 years and a friend! Just wanted to set the record straight as there is a ton of speculation. No one knows what happened to Eugene however what I can tell you is that he would never leave his family intentionally. He adores his wife and his children are his world! Euge is the most easy going fun loving, hilarious guy! Also, he often doesn’t wear his wedding ring along with many other men including my husband. As for the news/ media coverage, ongoing search to bring him home, hundreds showing up at his vigil and the incredibly powerful social medial presence spreading the word about his disappearance... that should should you how much he is loved, respected and missed! If you want to help spread the word, share any and all news articles on social media outlets with the hashtag #findeugene

thanks for listening! Praying for his safe return!!!

Findeugene, thank you for posting here. I hope Eugene comes back safely to his children and loved ones. My best wishes and prayers that he finds his way back soon.

From the news reports, there are a number of unanswered questions. Law Enforcement does not believe he was taken forcefully. If one understood the circumstances of his being so far from home and his text messages, his saying he is going to work but calling in sick, one could determine/suggest where to look. Good hearts and minds put together, can overcome any hurdle.

This is a very caring group. A number of our members are from Ontario. I am sure people are keeping their eyes open.

Please pass on my best to Eugene's family and hugs to his children.

Sorry for the difficult time Eugene's family and friends are going through. His story has affected many people including me. As for the wedding ring, I don't wear mine as it never fit properly, and my husband feels more comfortable without his too. That doesn't mean much as far as a gauge for how committed a person is to their marriage. Some people put more weight on this type of material thing than others. Although, I did recently get a nice ring for my 25th anniversary which I have to get sized, after I loose some weight. Anyway, I have heard Eugene's family say he would not purposely stay away from his family and you echoed the same thing in your post. I don't know what this means other than they believe that someone else is holding him or he had a mental breakdown and is not in control of his decision making processes. There must not have been any indication of a change in Eugene's behaviour before his disappearance if his family is at a loss for what happened?

<modsnip> ... we don't know for sure that he actually entered the park. All we know is that he purchased a permit and his cell phone pinged to a tower in North Bay. Does anyone have an article confirming he was actually IN the park? It's food for thought.

Euge was a former colleague of 10 years and a friend! Just wanted to set the record straight as there is a ton of speculation. No one knows what happened to Eugene however what I can tell you is that he would never leave his family intentionally. He adores his wife and his children are his world! Euge is the most easy going fun loving, hilarious guy! Also, he often doesn&#8217;t wear his wedding ring along with many other men including my husband. As for the news/ media coverage, ongoing search to bring him home, hundreds showing up at his vigil and the incredibly powerful social medial presence spreading the word about his disappearance... that should should you how much he is loved, respected and missed! If you want to help spread the word, share any and all news articles on social media outlets with the hashtag #findeugene

#findeugene
Welcome to Ws Findeugene!
Glad you are here to share some insight about Eugene, although sorry about the circumstances that brought you here.
It is obvious that Mr Kim is dearly loved and missed, everyone must be so worried and confused.
Hoping that Eugene is located soon he needs to get back home where he belongs.
#findeugene

<modsnip> ... we don't know for sure that he actually entered the park. All we know is that he purchased a permit and his cell phone pinged to a tower in North Bay. Does anyone have an article confirming he was actually IN the park? It's food for thought.

Welcome to Ws brookside!
If there is an article stating that Eugene actually entered the park, it is not yet been posted here.
<modsnip>

It really seems to me as though he left voluntarily. Whether the other name on the permit was a man or a woman would make a huge difference as well.

If it was a woman than I'd say even more it's pointing to him being overwhelmed w/ his life and taking off to start a new one (stranger things have happened). I don't give much weight to the family saying "he would never leave his kids" because they probably also didn't think he'd be the kind of guy to lie to his wife and lie to his work, which he obviously has done on purpose for some reason or another.

If it was a man, perhaps a shady deal gone wrong, but then why risk doing something traceable like buying a park permit if you're doing some type of illegal dealings? Unless as another poster said, he was trying to throw searchers off his trail.

I'd be curious to know what the bank statements are showing, and working for a cellular company he might have had a couple different cellphones too. The fact that the police don't think foul play is involved leads me to think that most likely he just left on his own accord and used the whole park permit thing as a ruse to buy more time to get away without his family raising the alarm.

A couple of thoughts:
(1) I am sure LE has compared the signatures from when he bought the permit, to Kim's signature. As well, there may have been surveillance video when he bought the permit. Perhaps, the grainy picture posted earlier where Kim looks very different than his other pictures may be from that video. He appeared dazed/sleepy/intoxicated. For a bit, I thought that maybe he may not have bought the permit. I convinced myself that LE would have checked that out.

(2) There have been cases of people who are under stress, getting amnesia where they cannot even remember their names let alone their address or family. There are different forms/names of such amnesia. There are a number of documented true cases. Jody Roberts was one. Another young woman (i can't remember her name) went to the store down the street late at night, and did not come back. Years later her family found her in a hospital, not remembering who she was. Though, Eugene seemed to have planned a day off work, so his taking off wasn't sudden. Wonder if he called in sick or sent a text or email. Did he do it himself?

Oct 4 2017
rbbm.
https://www.mymuskokanow.com/65438/police-believe-missing-markham-man-algonquin-park/
York Regional Police believe 38-year-old Eugene Kim could be in Algonquin Park after he was spotted buying a park pass with an unknown person on Monday afternoon. Police also found his cellphone had been used near North Bay earlier that day.

Kim was reported missing late Monday night after he never returned to his home in Markham. Kim&#8217;s wife says he had dropped off their kids that morning for school and he was last in touch with her via text on Monday night saying he would be home soon. He never told anyone he&#8217;d be in North Bay or Algonquin Park and his family isn&#8217;t sure why he would be in this area.

<modsnip> we don't know for sure that he actually entered the park. All we know is that he purchased a permit and his cell phone pinged to a tower in North Bay. Does anyone have an article confirming he was actually IN the park? It's food for thought.

Hi, brookside, thank you for joining us!

I posted this back on page 3, post #42 of the thread. The Korean news article supported part of what you heard, where you said: "She said he never actually entered the park or picked up his canoe rental." (bolded by me)

Google Translation of a Korea Times article
https://translate.google.com/transl...w.koreatimes.net/ArticleViewer/Article/105150

Quote from same article regarding the canoe rental, thru Google translate
"The camp site, which is supposed to be Kim's license, has to go through a canoe as one of the sites on North Tea Lake. However, there is no record of canoe rental on that day."

Euge was a former colleague of 10 years and a friend! Just wanted to set the record straight as there is a ton of speculation. No one knows what happened to Eugene however what I can tell you is that he would never leave his family intentionally. He adores his wife and his children are his world! Euge is the most easy going fun loving, hilarious guy! Also, he often doesn’t wear his wedding ring along with many other men including my husband. As for the news/ media coverage, ongoing search to bring him home, hundreds showing up at his vigil and the incredibly powerful social medial presence spreading the word about his disappearance... that should should you how much he is loved, respected and missed! If you want to help spread the word, share any and all news articles on social media outlets with the hashtag #findeugene

Thank you for posting, Findeugene. It is heartwarming to know that Eugene has many loving family and friends waiting for him and working to get him home. We here all hope for a happy reunion, and soon.

Has the family considered using a private investigator to aid the search?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back