Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A couple of thoughts:
(1) I am sure LE has compared the signatures from when he bought the permit, to Kim's signature. As well, there may have been surveillance video when he bought the permit. Perhaps, the grainy picture posted earlier where Kim looks very different than his other pictures may be from that video. He appeared dazed/sleepy/intoxicated. For a bit, I thought that maybe he may not have bought the permit. I convinced myself that LE would have checked that out.
[RSBM for focus]

Where did you see this picture? Please post link, I would like to see how he looks like now. Thanks

I believe this is the photo lady_columbo is referring to:
[video=twitter;915475013809131520]https://twitter.com/YRP/status/915475013809131520[/video]

For comparison purposes, here is one of the photos that has been circulated more widely:
[video=twitter;915589279761485825]https://twitter.com/YRP/status/915589279761485825[/video]

It would be nice to know which one resembles Eugene's current appearance more accurately.

Where did you see this picture? Please post link, I would like to see how he looks like now. Thanks

Here it is (Edit: removed pic as it got reposted). It looks like a surveillance pic. He does look a lot difference regarding his weight. This is definitley more recent picture based on his glass frame. There's a picture form about 1.5 yr ago on FB, and he has something similar, but it's thinner. These glasses are from his post in Aug of 2017. Definitely weight loss.

But then again, there is only that 1 picture of him in 2017 (both him and his wife don't have any postings really). More in 2015 which is also where his missing pic is likely from (thinner glasses). Some in 2016 but not as much as well.

So my wife and I have postulated there could have been an issue that arose sometime in 2016 leading to much less social interaction. Now I know having a 2nd newer born child, going on FB becomes much less a priority and less time then when having just 1 child, but it was something we both thought about. I lost my brother in-law (wife's brother) to mental illness so there is a certain gut feeling we have gotten which we have increasingly gotten the feeling of.

Attachments

• DLRdRuoXoAAJj4P.jpg
    DLRdRuoXoAAJj4P.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 68
Inmyhumbleopinion, I am glad you are able to accept what you are facing. Only then, can you seek the help and support you need.
My very best to you.
Thank you so much for your kind words, lady_columbo :heart:.

My motivation is my children. I want to get better, so that I can be the best mom I can be. Even if that means hospitalization -once I was away from them for three weeks, so that I could be treated ... one of the hardest things I've ever done-, I just have to do it.

With that said, it isn't always easy. But whenever my mind goes to a dark place, I think of them, and it helps tremendously. Still, professional help is a definite must, IMO.

I hope that Eugene gets the chance to do the same.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

I agree completely: "It's quite common for family members/friends to not suspect a thing about someone who has committed suicide. Not everyone who plans suicide talks about it contrary to popular belief. So many people suffer in absolutey SILENCE. No hint of it whatsoever."

As a Japanese American living with depression and PTSD, I would also like to add that there is so much stigma and shame attached to mental illness in Asian communities, IMO. It just isn't something that's talked about, and especially among males, IMO.
I think the stigma and shame attached to mental illness is more prevalent than anyone realizes, unless you are involved with it intimately. It's very easy to look away, brush it away, walk away, and judge if you have no knowledge, experience or understanding of what it really is. But not every "mental illness" is something other people need to be afraid of, and I wish people would become educated.

I have had a trial by fire with a loved one myself, and I know that the ability to have compassion and empathy is difficult unless you have first hand experience with it in some way. The learning curve in understanding it is steep and hard, and the onslaught of dealing with it is a continuous punch in the gut and never-ending. It's exhausting for the supporter, so I cannot imagine (truly) how incredibly difficult it must be for the person trying to control it within themselves.

Knowing that, I still get very angry at those who don't seek help and allow themselves to harm others, and I have no patience for those individuals. Because there is no excuse for evil.

inmyhumbleopinion, thank you for always being here and caring about the lost people of the world. :grouphug: That is very selfless, and I hope that by being here and providing your valuable insight, it also provides you with some sort of comfort and support for your own self.

It would be nice to know which one resembles Eugene's current appearance more accurately.

I have posted that surveillance is more of a recent pic than the ones that are listed in his missing photo (def sometime in 2015 or earlier 2016). The family photo is also likely sometime in earlier 2017 when his daughter was just under 2 which looks like she was born around Aug. There is few from FB from 2017. My guess is they took the easiest available pick of him that was older and showed him more clearly.

But I do agree, that a more recent pic should be released if available as even I as a Korean would have a bit of a trouble identifying him.

Not exactly new information, but I found the location where Eugene Kim's vehicle was spotted in surveillance photos on Monday, Oct 2nd at 4:33 pm.

The camera belongs to the Kwik-Way convenience store in South River: https://goo.gl/maps/antNAduvtsH2
If Eugene was on his way to Voyaguer Quest Outfitting, he would have likely made a right turn at the next intersection onto Ottawa Ave, and then taken Chemical Rd east for about 20 minutes.
I know alot of people don't have a full picture of their car lying around but the picture they keep showing with silver rims (obviously a different car with no license plate or it was sitting in the lot) is different than the one in the video with black rims. They should specifically point that out.

Because sure they can keep saying the license plate, but when you're on the road, people use visual cues based on the car's pictures. Silver rims like that look alot different than black rims, and can significantly change the profile of the car. Just wish more matching details were provided and a more official account of what happened with the permit thing, including statement/interview from witness and or worker at the store.

While Rogues are common, being up north, where it's more sparse, more larger pick-ups, seeing a black-rimmed Rogue as the missing car picture would trigger a more immediate response in terms of sighting vs a generic, silver factory-stock picture of a Rogue. Even mentioning the difference would make a difference.

I know people aren't thinking of this at the time due to the stress, but just on an idea. There should be an app/program where you can type out the plate number and have it printed looking like our actual plates for wanted vehicles. Again, seeing the plate letters visually makes it far far easier to spot it on the road due to the similarity response. Seeing the letters in regular font, in black print makes it easy to forget. So this car would have passed by those who have seen the car Ad could have easily missed it IMO based The little details is what is critical in cases like this (in this case, it should be well known).
Here is a screen shot of the car from the news video.
attachment.php

Attachments

• eugene car.PNG
    eugene car.PNG
    392.8 KB · Views: 214
it's astounding how far we still need to go in addressing the stigma of mental illness. In my opinion, regardless of how much we try to bring mental health issues to the forefront, it may never change the fact that people who suffer don't want to talk about it. One of the main factors in the actual suffering, is that one who suffers feels like they are a 'burden', and they would be 'better off without me'. This is a huge common denominator in the thought process of someone who wants to commit suicide. So why - in the grand scheme of things, why burden others with the issues they are having? Some people truly believe they cannot be helped. Some are even in denial. they know something about them is off, but if they face the possiblility of them ever being diagnosed with an actual mental illness, it brings on a whole new set of fears, struggles, and outlooks on their future.
^^^ this !!! ^^^ :(

Reminded of a fairly recent missing person case involving a young woman who had walked out in the middle of her shift at an airport coffee shop.
She was captured on cctv entering her car in the parking lot, and later entering a gas station convenience store.
Her friends and family described her as happy and would never do that sort of thing ect.
None of the actions she took seemed to make any sense at all.
Ultimately she was located alive and taken to hospital..
That thread is now closed, but it offers some hope, imo, that Eugene might - be on some sort of " walk-about " of his old stomping grounds, a revisit to places where he has memories, perhaps both good and bad ones.

If Eugene is in fact on a mission to recapture places and memories, where else might he visit?
Speculation, imo.

Thread for woman lost and found.fwiw.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...4-Raleigh-26-June-2017&highlight=Allison+Cope

inmyhumbleopinion, thank you for always being here and caring about the lost people of the world. :grouphug: That is very selfless, and I hope that by being here and providing your valuable insight, it also provides you with some sort of comfort and support for your own self.

Well said GigTu.
Inmyhumbleopinion, by thinking of your kids and focusing on other positive thoughts and life experiences, you are providing yourself therapy on an ongoing basis. Way to go!!

There are those among us who truly bear the burden of mental illness, but there are others who use it as an excuse to get away with hurting others and not carrying their weight in society. Unfortunately, such people make others skeptical and doubting.

Also, one understands other peoples' situation better, if one has experienced it personally. Most people have not.

Life has challenges for all us, but there definitely are green pastures and rose gardens too. :)

The sad reality in most of these missing persons cases is their loved ones always say "So and so *would never* do this", or "So and so *loves their family/kids* and would *never do this*" - but what I hope the family gains to understand is - you can love someone all you want, you can adore the ground your children walk on, however, these factors sometimes are not enough to prevent someone from doing something - especially if its a possiblity that it's from mental illness. You can still be a 'good person' and do something like this. That doesn't change the fact that you are an upstanding member of your community. You can still have those qualities. These poor family members of Eugene, my heart breaks for his children and his family and friends.

It's so terribly sad to think that you'd have to be anything but upstanding, a good person, well loved/ well liked for anything like this to happen to you.

JMO.

Since Eugene has been in a highly stressful situation and away from home for almost 10 days, he likely looks different than the recent grainy picture too...perhaps more dishevelled. If I had not seen the grainy picture, I could pass him by in the street and not realize it

By not circulating the new picture and not sharing factual information, the family is not providing the public with the proper/necessary tools to find him.
They need to enable the public to help them.

Wondering how well Eugene can see without his glasses, does he always wear them, or just for reading/driving, does he ever wear contacts- perhaps for special occasions?
Does he enjoy holidays like Thanksgiving, or quietly dread all the expectations sometimes associated with large gatherings at church and holiday dinners?
imo.

Here it is (Edit: removed pic as it got reposted). It looks like a surveillance pic. He does look a lot difference regarding his weight. This is definitley more recent picture based on his glass frame. There's a picture form about 1.5 yr ago on FB, and he has something similar, but it's thinner. These glasses are from his post in Aug of 2017. Definitely weight loss.

But then again, there is only that 1 picture of him in 2017 (both him and his wife don't have any postings really). More in 2015 which is also where his missing pic is likely from (thinner glasses). Some in 2016 but not as much as well.

So my wife and I have postulated there could have been an issue that arose sometime in 2016 leading to much less social interaction. Now I know having a 2nd newer born child, going on FB becomes much less a priority and less time then when having just 1 child, but it was something we both thought about. I lost my brother in-law (wife's brother) to mental illness so there is a certain gut feeling we have gotten which we have increasingly gotten the feeling of.

Thank you for the picture! OMG he lost so much weight, wow comparing myself to him, we look very similar, maybe that's why I'm so drawn to this case. Similar height to me, I can guess his weight from the picture. Look at his face, wow chubby cheeks gone. Looks like he lost 15 to 20lbs. I estimate his weight is now 165lb. Weight loss is important factor. I definitely agree he had a mental illness. How did he lose weight so fast? Did he go to the gym? I'm going back to drug use SORRY. On the news here in Toronto there is opioid crisis (pills) and also huge rise in Fentanyl overdose here in Toronto.
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/11/fentanyl-crisis-state-of-emergency-advocate I can see weight loss through drug use, especially with cocaine. SORRY ASSUMPTION. I know a friend that left his family in Ontario, and he was found in BRITISH COLUMBIA, homeless, on the streets, lost his mind to drugs. Drugs are very addictive. He went to REHAB, and now he is back to normal with good stable job. I work downtown Toronto, almost every block has weed dispensaries. Just show your ID and you can buy recreational marijuana over the counter. Someone who has depression or mental illness may go down this route, which will make them worse. Quick to anger, aggressive, if they don't get their fix. Totally different person. Also if you are a drug user, you'd definitely keep it a secret, especially to your family.

Why doesn't the family post recent pictures? His demeanor looks different, he looked friendlier in his older pictures with the added weight. I also wonder why they don't post a lot of pictures on FB after having 2nd baby. Anyways, thanks for sharing the most updated picture of him so far. Honestly, he looks completely different, if he walked past me today I wouldn't think it is Eugene Kim as I'm looking for chubbier Eugene Kim.

I have posted that surveillance is more of a recent pic than the ones that are listed in his missing photo (def sometime in 2015 or earlier 2016). The family photo is also likely sometime in earlier 2017 when his daughter was just under 2 which looks like she was born around Aug. There is few from FB from 2017. My guess is they took the easiest available pick of him that was older and showed him more clearly.

But I do agree, that a more recent pic should be released if available as even I as a Korean would have a bit of a trouble identifying him.

[video=twitter;915475013809131520]https://twitter.com/YRP/status/915475013809131520[/video]

attachment.php

He appears to be wearing a dark (black?) plain T-shirt, and what looks like a possible dark colored cardigan or a suit jacket in this surveillance capture. And just for clarification purposes...was this actually determined to be a surveillance capture? He actually looks pretty well done up. His hair looks good, and he doesn't necessarily look tired, drugged up, medicated or stressed.

Which brings me to wonder: Did he bring anything with him. A change of clothing? If he said he was going to work, he would certainly have to look the part, but it makes me wonder if he considered wanting to change out of his "work clothing" into something more comfortable, and was this task noticed by his wife in the morning....

....because...someone posted on here....what was he doing between 8:30a-10:30a when he was spotted leaving by a neighbour? Was his wife home during this time I wonder?

So many mind boggling questions with no answers :(

I wonder if they can tell from this photo if there is someone in the passengers side of the car.

The sad reality in most of these missing persons cases is their loved ones always say "So and so *would never* do this", or "So and so *loves their family/kids* and would *never do this*" - but what I hope the family gains to understand is - you can love someone all you want, you can adore the ground your children walk on, however, these factors sometimes are not enough to prevent someone from doing something - especially if its a possiblity that it's from mental illness. You can still be a 'good person' and do something like this. That doesn't change the fact that you are an upstanding member of your community. You can still have those qualities. These poor family members of Eugene, my heart breaks for his children and his family and friends.

It's so terribly sad to think that you'd have to be anything but upstanding, a good person, well loved/ well liked for anything like this to happen to you.

JMO.

This I very much agree with. Actually, given that many people almost in unison say "he would never do this.. he loves his children and family" can be a red flag in that there is usually a friend saying "sure we would meet up for a drink and talk about family, the usual stuff about the stress we're all going through, but it was definitely nothing out of the ordinary compared to other friends and nothing to indicate at all he would do something like that".

And also that they really are struggling internally. Maybe there are people he hung out and 'expressed' some of the stresses he's going through like many many parents do (guys over drinks.. girls over 'girls night out/getaway) but don't want to say or divulge anything at this time for worry about making the situation more stressful for the family. I have good dad friends and a few have talked about "wanting to just need a break.. getaway" including myself. But even the act of expressing it is extremely alleviating.

As a Korean, there is also immense pressure to stay in line and be a 'good boy'. Especially if one's parents are on the upper echelon of their society and are also very social in an organization like the church. This may explain why alot of close people were not able to see any warning signs as he may have been conditioned to always be positive and polite.

With reference to him being inside Kwik Mart, I think there is no mention or proof of that in LE or family statements. I found this from an earlier post --"The camera belongs to the Kwik-Way convenience store in South River: https://goo.gl/maps/antNAduvtsH2".
This was a reference to the surveillance footage of his car being from Kwik Way camera. I do not know the source of this info.

The grainy picture may or may not be surveillance footage. It may not even be from the same day. He is looking straight at the camera. Perhaps surveillance footage from his workplace, where he knows a camera is capturing his image. He is showing a hint of a smile...not sure if he is as happy as he appeared in earlier pictures.

Someone here had mentioned that a neighbour saw him leave. A few questions/thoughts --
(1) I do not recall reading anywhere in LE or family statements, that a neighbour saw him leaving. Only that he was last seen at 7am. Was there an official reference of a neighbour seeing him?
(2) Was the time he left 7am or 10.30am? I thought it was 7am. At the time, I had wondered what he would have done between 7am and 4.30pm, when his car was seen on the surveillance camera.
(3) I cannot view the car footage. Does it show his licence plate? How do we know that is his car? Is that footage released by LE?

As a Korean, there is also immense pressure to stay in line and be a 'good boy'. Especially if one's parents are on the upper echelon of their society and are also very social in an organization like the church. This may explain why alot of close people were not able to see any warning signs as he may have been conditioned to always be positive and polite.

We know that he planned to be away and went to the park area. Yet the family continues to deny that he left by choice that day. They are doing a disservice to themselves by not being upfront and open, and continuing the charade. This lack of information is frustrating for those of us who are concerned, and are trying to help. Just saying "find him" isn't going to help if people keep looking for a different looking person, in a different place.
I hope they see this post and reconsider their approach. I say all of this in the true spirit of trying to help them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7
Back