Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://beta.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1060456/disparu-eugene-kim-marham-police-york-north-bay
This article is in French. A couple of things of note.

Google translation:
"Everyone who knows Eugene knows that it is not in his habits to disappear mysteriously without giving news. [...] We know he wants to be with his family, especially during the long weekend of Thanksgiving.
Scot Lim, brother-in-law of Eugene Kim"

Also, this:
"Relatives of Eugene Kim created the Facebook page Help us Find Eugene Kim to mobilize community members in the search."
Found it: https://www.facebook.com/ComeHomeEugene/

I didn't realize it was Thanksgiving there (I am in the US). Any time a loved one disappears is terrible and distressing, but it feels magnified due to the holiday. I'm assuming it is the same as the US, a time whole families often get together in celebration?

It is possible that someone forced him to buy the pass, in order to create the false impression that he was entering the park for some unknown purpose.

Also, it is equally plausible that he did this himself for the same reason. Police are claiming that he put a second name on the permit, but there is no confirmation a second person actually existed. (see below)

I'm curious as to what that second name is.

Very bizarre case.

From CTV News:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/family...ea-man-grows-increasingly-desperate-1.3624511

lady_colombo, I think what the mods want us to remember foremost is that WS aims to be victim-friendly. And until and unless details are revealed in mainstream media that make it known otherwise, family members and loved ones of the missing are considered victims, as well, and WS asks that we treat them with deference. But, believe me, I've messed up and strayed at times...

There are threads where a loved one of the missing person actually reads and posts on, so when I remind myself of that possibility, it helps keep me in check. ;)

Keep posting...and, Welcome!

Too dark right now to see anything, but posting fwiw.
http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/virtual/webcam/index.php
[h=1]Algonquin Park Live Webcam[/h] Watch Algonquin Park during any season, or even if you can't visit. Choose from either live streaming video, panorama, or archived images of the view from the Algonquin Park Visitor Centre courtesy of The Friends of Algonquin Park in partnership with EarthCam and sponsored by Couples Resort. You can also purchase the EarthCam App for iOS (iPhone and iPad) or Android platforms to watch the Algonquin Park Webcam from your mobile device or tablet.

How would he be surviving in Algonquin Park without a tent, outdoor-appropriate clothing, food, water, etc?

I somehow can't see that he is still there. Also, as posters upthread had mentioned, his vehicle would have been discovered by now.

Its an assumption / theory. Im thinking mid life crisis or drug bust thats all. Most people camping with friends in their 20's either drink or get high and thats not an assumption (the news mentioned he use to go camping a lot before). Im hoping he just wanted a break and will come home back to his family. Any updates?

But you're forgetting one thing.....he's not in his 20's. He's 38, married, with kids.

His parents made an emotional plea for their son to return home. They also said their young grandchildren will finally be told that their father is missing. Kim’s children, ages two and six, have so far been left in the dark about their father’s disappearance -- something that their mother, with the help of a child psychologist, planned to change Monday.

Kim’s parents said that to the best of their knowledge, their son has never suffered from anything like depression. They also don’t think he would have vanished to simply get away from it all.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/please...sing-ont-father-make-emotional-plea-1.3625064

At this point, if LE has confirmed that they do not believe there is any foul play, I wonder could that change?

Because, at this point, and based on the video's I've watched, (those RINGS! really bugging me...and I'm stumped)....it looks like he left on his own free will, and he's up to something.

And if that's not the case, he left on his own free will, is trying to dodge the people who are searching for him, and maybe this could possibly be a suicide and he wants nobody to find him. His choice of driving out that far was exactly for that reason...so far off the map, that it would make it difficult to be found.

IMHO.

Consider this scenario:

What if - they are having marital problems....he decides to flee.
All aspects appear to be pointing in that direction, and it could be for any reason.

Why was she wearing his wedding ring? I realize not every man wears their ring. But I wonder in this case why not? Did they get into an argument? Is she too embarrassed to share this with the public for fear people might blame the wife for why he fled?

Just surmising. Not victim blaming. I'm trying to figure out the correlation between why the wife is wearing Eugene's wedding ring, and the co-incidence of him voluntarily leaving. Because at this stage. It seems voluntary. Nobody drove him to North Bay. He did this himself.

I'm so stumped....

I think that since he left his ring behind and signed into the park with a 2nd person, it's likely he ran off with another woman.

Body found at Scarborough Golf and Country Club. It is a man. Hopefully not Eugene. No mention of his case. CP24 reported.

[video=twitter;915475013809131520]https://twitter.com/YRP/status/915475013809131520[/video]
York Regional Police - Missing person. Eugene KIM 38yrs. Possibly operating 2010 Nissan Rogue BJJD108. Concern for well being. 17-284798

attachment.php

Attachments

• DLRdRuoXoAAJj4P.jpg
    DLRdRuoXoAAJj4P.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 340
Fascinating stuff. On Facebook, he affirmed and expressed his love to his wife this past August on their 9 year wedding anniversary. Sometimes, when someone is going through turmoil inside, they over compensate by making such public gestures. And it does raise the question of if someone does not want to found and really run away, what authority does the police have in trying to locate the missing person for the family.

My initial gut tells me he might have gotten involved in some shady stuff during his travels as a salesperson. Maybe got sucked into something that was over his head in hopes of scoring big. But on the other hand, the stress of family life might have gotten to him and he looked for an escape. Or finally, a mix of both so it drove him to make those unwise decisions scoring a 'big' deal by making it seem to his wife he finally scored it big at work.

I have read all the news on this, but did not see it stated anywhere that his wife is wearing Kim's wedding ring. Can someone please point me to it? I see her wearing a band on her right hand, which could be her own.

There is a video of his wife wearing her ring and showing it explicitly. I forgot which link but it is in one of the many videos posted by the various websites.

Are the Canadian police STILL looking for him? Are they doing anything at all to find him? If they stopped, it could be an indicator that they made contact with him and he is safe. In such cases, are they required to report his whereabouts or status to the family?

I think in the USA, they will not let the family know anything. Not even that the missing person is okay. They just close the case.

[video=twitter;915475013809131520]https://twitter.com/YRP/status/915475013809131520[/video]

He looks so different here. It doesn’t even look like the same person. Compared to the other photos that have been released, he appears much thinner here and looks absolutely exhausted, IMO.

Seeing that the image is coming directly from LE, I suspect this was the last confirmed sighting of Eugene; perhaps it came from a security camera that captured him after he left home on the day of his disappearance.

I am stumped as to why he would add another name -yet no one remembers seeing anyone with him as he came in to purchase the camping permit; additionally, it has been reported this was an “alias,” while Eugene used a “pseudonym” ... has LE been able to confirm this person even exists?- to the permit, sadly, I am leaning towards suicide, and would like to see the bodies of water in the park searched thoroughly, starting with those close to the entrance he used. I still believe it is quite possible that he drove himself into a lake, and thus the car has not been found. Also, the park is massive, as I understand, and it is entirely possible, IMO, that the car is not under water, yet still hasn’t been found.

My hope is that he changed his mind at the last minute, and is somewhere inside the park, waiting to be rescued. As it has now been nine days since he was last seen, time is of the essence.

Continued prayers for Eugene and his loved ones. His children are absolutely adorable.

I accidentally deleted my own post. So here it is again.
"I have read all the news on this, but did not see it stated anywhere that his wife is wearing Kim's wedding ring. Can someone please point me to it? I see her wearing a band on her right hand, which could be her own."

I have always only been able to watch about half of the video, despite number of tries since it was released. I see her wearing a band on her right hand and her wedding ring on her left. I see her holding her right hand up. Does someone explicitly say in the video or elsewhere that the band on her right hand was Kim's wedding ring or is that an assumption a member here has made? I saw it posted for the first time on the previous page.

I am trying to ascertain whether this is a stated fact or assumption. It seems unlikely that the wife/family would share that even if true, since it may dampen the enthusiasm of the searchers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back