Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=twitter;915475013809131520]https://twitter.com/YRP/status/915475013809131520[/video]

He looks so different here. It doesn’t even look like the same person. Compared to the other photos that have been released, he appears much thinner here and looks absolutely exhausted, IMO.

Seeing that the image is coming directly from LE, I suspect this was the last confirmed sighting of Eugene; perhaps it came from a security camera that captured him after he left home on the day of his disappearance.

I am stumped as to why he would add another name -yet no one remembers seeing anyone with him as he came in to purchase the camping permit; additionally, it has been reported this was an “alias,” while Eugene used a “pseudonym” ... has LE been able to confirm this person even exists?- to the permit, sadly, I am leaning towards suicide, and would like to see the bodies of water in the park searched thoroughly, starting with those close to the entrance he used. I still believe it is quite possible that he drove himself into a lake, and thus the car has not been found. Also, the park is massive, as I understand, and it is entirely possible, IMO, that the car is not under water, yet still hasn’t been found.

My hope is that he changed his mind at the last minute, and is somewhere inside the park, waiting to be rescued. As it has now been nine days since he was last seen, time is of the essence.

Continued prayers for Eugene and his loved ones. His children are absolutely adorable.

It seems so regarding the picture. But they should announce where or when it came from as people will be confused which picture to follow. I'm Korean, same age as Eugene and can spot differences but even with these pics, looks alot different and I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. Alot of his pictures released earlier seem a bit dated, more weighty, etc. I wish they released any video they have of him.

I am starting to get that sunken feeling too. I feel absolutely horrible for his kids. Having 2 young kids of my own, just think of his state of mind to be able to just leave his kids like that, I really do feel for hiim. Police continue to emphasize that there is no expected foul play, but in terms of risk of taking his own life, I guess 'worried about his safety' is what it might be alluding to.

Does someone explicitly say in the video or elsewhere that the band on her right hand was Kim's wedding ring or is that an assumption a member here has made?

I am trying to ascertain whether this is a stated fact or assumption. It seems unlikely that the wife/family would share that even if true, since it may dampen the enthusiasm of the searchers.

It's possible that its an assumption, but I'm gonna go as far as saying it's not very often the wife's band is as thick or thicker than the husbands.

[video=twitter;915475013809131520]https://twitter.com/YRP/status/915475013809131520[/video]

I am starting to get that sunken feeling too. I feel absolutely horrible for his kids. Having 2 young kids of my own, just think of his state of mind to be able to just leave his kids like that, I really do feel for hiim. Police continue to emphasize that there is no expected foul play, but in terms of risk of taking his own life, I guess 'worried about his safety' is what it might be alluding to.

Yeah....I'm totally starting to feel the same. I think those texts regarding "be home soon", or "can't talk right now" (I swear i read that somewhere!) - maybe he was mustering up the courage to end his life in that time. Maybe he was just trying to distract his wife in thinking he was ok, and that he was just late coming home from this 'business deal'.

I'm really thinking he's commited suicide and has done it very far away from home. He doesn't want to be found. IMHO.

EDIT: Found the link to the article where I read he texted "can't talk right now"

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...or-missing-markham-man-in-algonquin-park.html

I accidentally deleted my own post. So here it is again.
"I have read all the news on this, but did not see it stated anywhere that his wife is wearing Kim's wedding ring. Can someone please point me to it? I see her wearing a band on her right hand, which could be her own."

I have always only been able to watch about half of the video, despite number of tries since it was released. I see her wearing a band on her right hand and her wedding ring on her left. I see her holding her right hand up. Does someone explicitly say in the video or elsewhere that the band on her right hand was Kim's wedding ring or is that an assumption a member here has made? I saw it posted for the first time on the previous page.

I am trying to ascertain whether this is a stated fact or assumption. It seems unlikely that the wife/family would share that even if true, since it may dampen the enthusiasm of the searchers.

The right hand band, I think a member here has made an assumption on that. I haven't read anywhere that's Eugene's wedding band.

There's a vid posted on Oct 5th which shows her wearing a ring on her right arm. Why she was holding that right arm up, I have no idea. Maybe it was his ring and somebody read it somewhere through unofficial channels or just made that assertion. But it does look like a male's wedding band given its thickness. I do think that is a material form of information, but then again, I do know that some people do not always wear their ring, another who just doesn't wear it at all.

It could also be an extreme form of denial regarding the wife so she hasn't clued in on what the worst case scenario is.

Yeah....I'm totally starting to feel the same. I think those texts regarding "be home soon", or "can't talk right now" (I swear i read that somewhere!) - maybe he was mustering up the courage to end his life in that time. Maybe he was just trying to distract his wife in thinking he was ok, and that he was just late coming home from this 'business deal'.

I'm really thinking he's commited suicide and has done it very far away from home. He doesn't want to be found. IMHO.

EDIT: Found the link to the article where I read he texted "can't talk right now"

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...or-missing-markham-man-in-algonquin-park.html

Yea, I always read it as 2nd last text was "I'll be home in an hour" at around 9pm talking about his intention.

His "I can't talk now" which was at around 1:30 am was his response to his wife who was frantically trying to get a hold of him. The news outlet reported it in a variety of ways so it has confused a fair amount of people.

By that time, he might have been really deep in his decision or moment which was his last response in shutting her out. He may have been in the final state, really broken state of mind, thinking everyone else's life will be better if he was gone. Oddly, on his FB profile, it says he's from Sault St. Marie. While decently far from North Bay, it is on the way there. Surprised there is no mention or focus on that.

Body found at Scarborough Golf and Country Club. It is a man. Hopefully not Eugene. No mention of his case. CP24 reported.
Thank you for the heads-up, Flowercb:

“Toronto police are investigating after a body was found in a creek at the Scarboro Golf and Country Club on Tuesday morning.

Police, paramedics, and firefighters responded to a medical call after someone reported seeing a body in the water at 10:30 a.m, according to Const. Caroline de Kloet.

The marine unit was called in to remove the body.”
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/golf-course-body-1.4347731

ETA: The location is approximately 30 minutes by car from Markham.

Consider this scenario:

What if - they are having marital problems....he decides to flee.
All aspects appear to be pointing in that direction, and it could be for any reason.

Why was she wearing his wedding ring? I realize not every man wears their ring. But I wonder in this case why not? Did they get into an argument? Is she too embarrassed to share this with the public for fear people might blame the wife for why he fled?

Just surmising. Not victim blaming. I'm trying to figure out the correlation between why the wife is wearing Eugene's wedding ring, and the co-incidence of him voluntarily leaving. Because at this stage. It seems voluntary. Nobody drove him to North Bay. He did this himself.

I'm so stumped....

Just a reminder we should exercise caution before making any assumptions about why a married person would not be wearing a wedding band.

https://vmlip.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/rings-in-the-workplace-an-unsuspected-hazard/

I don't know whether Eugene's work environment was a risk factor for wearing any jewelry. Clearly, though from the link above, it can be seen that many work places prohibit jewelry because they create safety hazards.

Jewelry, including rings:

- can get caught on moving parts of hazardous equipment.

- can be conductive metal around live currents increasing risk of electrocution

- can increase risk of burns from high intensity lights or heat sources since metal transfers heat

- can increase risk of burns from chemical spills if the liquid gets under a ring or watchband

- can be prohibited within certain sanitation rules

I don't know if any of these are a factor in Eugene's case, but that's just the point.

We don't know.

Therefore, we need to keep this in mind before making assumptions about the state of someone's marriage, based on whether we see a ring on their finger.

( Not saying you were, but just jumping off your post, as a general reference point for all of us. )

ETA: I didn't realize he worked in corporate sales, so this probably doesn't apply to his work environment. However, there could still be a legitimate reason if he wasn't wearing his ring. We can be wrong in making any assumption. )

JMO

I just looked up info on Algonquin Park to make sure that I had all my ducks in a row.

For those of you who don't know, Algonquin Park is the oldest National Park in Canada. It is 7,653 sq. km. In the park are 1,500 lakes and 1,200 km of streams. It is beyond HUGE with LOTS OF WATER.

To search Algonquin would be a Herculean task at best.

This past summer a school trip took a tragic turn with the drowning of a student. It took 2 days to bring all the students out of the park by Helicopters etc.

If EK is in the park still, (or ever was), he may NEVER be found. LE may do some flyovers and maybe send in some drones but it's impossible to check the entire park. Impossible.

The other issue to consider is wildlife in Alongquin. Bears, wolves, moose. This is their habitat. They are there.

I still believe that EK used Algonquin as a means to disappear. Let people think he's there but he's moved on. I think he had a plan.

MOO

I thought that the ring on the wife's right hand being his wedding ring was an assumption since the first mention of that was in a post here. It is not stated anywhere else, nor would it be logical for the wife/family to state that publicly. Many took that assumption and the resulting post, to be fact and came up with theories. Any theories based upon assumptions will likely be flawed.

We have to be careful. A certain type of ring may be customary or have significance in another culture. For example, not all cultures/religions have the practice of wearing a wedding ring on a wedding finger only when one is married...for many, the "ring" finger is like any other finger, to wear a ring on or not, as one chooses. Seeing a ring on that finger may lead one to assume a person is married when in fact, they are not.

Hopefully this is not what he meant when he said he would be home soon!

"Kim was not wearing his wedding band" is also an assumption. It is based off of someone here assuming that his wife was wearing his wedding band.

The fact is - we do not know if he was or was not wearing his wedding ring. And IF he wasn't, why wasn't he. There could be any number of reasons like he lost it, it became tight/loose, workplace rules...

The band on his wife's right hand may look like a man's wedding ring to us, but it does not mean that it actually is.

My gut is telling me that he's voluntarily missing. I have my theory as to why, but until we get more facts, I'll keep it to myself.
I really don't think he's in the park, if he was you'd think his car would have been found near by.
As for the body found, I would assume if it's intact, they would be able to tell ethnicity and rule him in or out quickly. I really don't think it is him though.

JMO, MOO, etc

https://www.google.com/search?q=scarborough+country+club+in+canada&ie=&oe=

Looks like the Scarborough Country Club is pretty close to Markham on this small map.

Hoping the person found is not Eugene, while I'm also feeling bad for a family who is going to get really tragic news very soon...

I actually live a few intersections away from the Scarborough Golf Club. It's quite far in relation to Markham in relation to where the golf course is.

As for the body washing up, I personally doubt it's him, IF he spent most of his time in North Bay/Algonquin Park. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he did whatever he was planning to do out that way.

Is there any way to ping a cell phone when it's off? I'm not super cell-phone savvy, so this is a genuine question??? Thanks.

My gut is telling me that he's voluntarily missing. I have my theory as to why, but until we get more facts, I'll keep it to myself.
I really don't think he's in the park, if he was you'd think his car would have been found near by.
As for the body found, I would assume if it's intact, they would be able to tell ethnicity and rule him in or out quickly. I really don't think it is him though.

JMO, MOO, etc

Hey, I'm curious to hear about it. <modsnip> I've been following this closely and have my general hunches too, but of course won't go all into it as yourself.

I am missing something with the significance of the ring, sorry. What is the significance whether the second thicker band his wife is wearing in the video is his ring or not his ring? What would it mean if it is, and if it's not? Just seems to bring a whole lot more possibilities into the mix and I am having trouble seeing how any will help at this point unless we know about this couple's habits. Is anyone thinking that had he left his band that could indicate he was going to kill himself? Aside from that, what will knowing if it is his band or not help us to see?

I actually live a few intersections away from the Scarborough Golf Club. It's quite far in relation to Markham in relation to where the golf course is.

As for the body washing up, I personally doubt it's him, IF he spent most of his time in North Bay/Algonquin Park. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he did whatever he was planning to do out that way.

Is there any way to ping a cell phone when it's off? I'm not super cell-phone savvy, so this is a genuine question??? Thanks.

Agree with you, IC, I can't see how Eugene would end up at that Scarborough location... it is not close, and frankly, there are so many more likely scenarios of who the victim could be, rather than Eugene.

Also, a point about wedding rings. I have been married for 10 years and I almost never wear my ring (I'm a female). I simply hate wearing jewellery and particularly can't stand the feeling of a ring on my finger. That said, were my husband to go missing (god forbid) I could totally see slipping my husband's ring on my finger, just to feel connected to him. Or maybe wear it around a chain. When my father passed away, I wore his wedding ring on a chain around my neck because it made me feel like he was with me in some way. So, it's not necessarily a nefarious sign...

Oh, thank you for this information. I appreciate it! I couldn't really tell in distance. It just looked fairly close on the map. I probably posted about it too quickly.

Thanks again! I do hope it's not Eugene...

Just a reminder we should exercise caution before making any assumptions about why a married person would not be wearing a wedding band.

https://vmlip.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/rings-in-the-workplace-an-unsuspected-hazard/

I don't know whether Eugene's work environment was a risk factor for wearing any jewelry. Clearly, though from the link above, it can be seen that many work places prohibit jewelry because they create safety hazards.

Jewelry, including rings:

- can get caught on moving parts of hazardous equipment.

- can be conductive metal around live currents increasing risk of electrocution

- can increase risk of burns from high intensity lights or heat sources since metal transfers heat

- can increase risk of burns from chemical spills if the liquid gets under a ring or watchband

- can be prohibited within certain sanitation rules

I don't know if any of these are a factor in Eugene's case, but that's just the point.

We don't know.

Therefore, we need to keep this in mind before making assumptions about the state of someone's marriage, based on whether we see a ring on their finger.

( Not saying you were, but just jumping off your post, as a general reference point for all of us. )

ETA: I didn't realize he worked in corporate sales, so this probably doesn't apply to his work environment. However, there could still be a legitimate reason if he wasn't wearing his ring. We can be wrong in making any assumption. )

JMO

If he'd lost weight, it may not fit anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back