Found Deceased Canada - Genevieve Cormier, 19, St John, NB, 29 Sept 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's so frustrating feeling like there is so much more to this then what we know. I so strongly believe that she did not commit suicide and that someone hurt her. I always wonder how her family feels about this outcome. I wish there was something I could do. I want to give Genevieve the justice I believe she deserves.... :rose:

Hi, Swedie!

This lady's body was found in the Saint John river Aug. 5/15. Here is a link to a really short article--which is about all I can find:

The body of a woman found in the St. John River in western New Brunswick last week has been identified as being Murielle Beaulieu, say Edmundston Police.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...ntified-as-missing-edmundston-woman-1.3190149

The Edmundston/Grand Falls area is about a three and a half to four hour drive from Saint John; but the Saint John river runs through it all. So, I find this interesting and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Also, another lady from the same general area went missing July 31/15. She hasn't been found yet. Here is a link with a bit of information about her:

The Edmundston Police Force is still looking for information that may lead to the whereabouts of 44 year-old Jodi Roussell.
http://edmundston.ca/en/renseignements/communiques/673-jodi-roussell-is-still-missing

We speculated very early on in Genevieve's case that "someone" could be very knowledgeable about waterways; and these cases seem consistent with that. Plus, they stick basically to the "one every six month" theme.

Concerning Genevieve, all they really said was that foul play had been ruled out. I guess we can decide on our own if we want to call it a suicide or an accident.

My heart goes out to her family--there isn't anything they can do.

On August 13, 2015, very interesting to say the least, a couple more "local" recent cases. One woman found deceased and one woman goes missing August 13, 2015. Note: Aug. 13, according to the article you posted. Aug. 12, in the article I posted. If MB intended on committing suicide, why take her purse, why not leave it in her car or at home kwim? Sounds like she was perhaps just going for a walk? Accident perhaps? Strange. Anyone local care to do a map with locations for all these women?

Beaulieu's vehicle had been found near the tourist centre in Grand Falls, and her handbag was located nearby.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...ntified-as-missing-edmundston-woman-1.3190149

JR who went by the name Olivia... wonder why? :thinking: And not to be reported missing until two weeks after she was last seen?! :scared: She had lived with her mother but lived with her father prior to her disappearance, moved around quite a bit. Told her father she was going to the lake. Did she have a habit of not returning home for days on end, not contacting anyone of her whereabouts? Odd that there is no recent updates. It's like she's just vanished and no one is keeping her name out there. Her parents I'm sure are very concerned, but where's the media and LE's involvement keeping this missing woman's name out there? Sad.

Jodi Roussell, 43, was reported missing on Aug. 12, but was last seen on July 27, when she left her father's apartment.

She mentioned she was going to a lake at the time. Police believe she was referring to Lac Baker in northwestern New Brunswick.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/jodi-roussell-43-missing-from-edmundston-1.3193811

Correction: MB body was found August 5, 2015, not the 13th, as I posted above. HTH.

On August 13, 2015, very interesting to say the least, a couple more "local" recent cases. One woman found deceased and one woman goes missing August 13, 2015. Note: Aug. 13, according to the article you posted. Aug. 12, in the article I posted. If MB intended on committing suicide, why take her purse, why not leave it in her car or at home kwim? Sounds like she was perhaps just going for a walk? Accident perhaps? Strange.

Beaulieu's vehicle had been found near the tourist centre in Grand Falls, and her handbag was located nearby.

The location of the handbag is interesting, indeed. One might also suggest it could indicate a struggle. Or, another suggestion may be that a woman so distraught as to be about to throw herself in a cold, cold river would discard her purse in the moment, either intentionally or accidentally.

I agree with your point about leaving it home--it does make more sense.

Another point to note regarding the purses: Genevieve’s shoulder bag supposedly washed ashore with her, whereas Murielle's handbag was located near her car.

Anyone local care to do a map with locations for all these women?
I agree they are “local,” especially if we consider the province as a whole.

I do have a map, but it is really very general. The details are so scarce that I can’t really get the pins exact. Anyway, it gives a basic idea of the locations.

The yellow pins are for Murielle—where she was last seen, and where she was found.

The red pins are for Jodi—where she was last seen on July 31/15, and where she was thought to be on July 27/15.

I allowed the blue pin to stand as the solitary marker for Genevieve, Shelby, Yeonhee, and the “name not released” person.

2luqf5e.jpg
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zyqf46vLzW9g.k0waUtZQXIv8

If you use the link to zoom right in, you can follow the Saint John river down to Saint John. Also, if you click on the pins, you should see a fairly large slide box open on the left of your screen for each location. If the map link is working right, I have added photos of the possible victims and article links.

JR who went by the name Olivia... wonder why? :thinking: And not to be reported missing until two weeks after she was last seen?! :scared: She had lived with her mother but lived with her father prior to her disappearance, moved around quite a bit. Told her father she was going to the lake. Did she have a habit of not returning home for days on end, not contacting anyone of her whereabouts? Odd that there is no recent updates. It's like she's just vanished and no one is keeping her name out there. Her parents I'm sure are very concerned, but where's the media and LE's involvement keeping this missing woman's name out there? Sad.

Jodi Roussell, 43, was reported missing on Aug. 12, but was last seen on July 27, when she left her father's apartment.

She mentioned she was going to a lake at the time. Police believe she was referring to Lac Baker in northwestern New Brunswick.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/jodi-roussell-43-missing-from-edmundston-1.3193811

Correction: MB body was found August 5, 2015, not the 13th, as I posted above. HTH.
Speculation only: sometimes working girls use aliases. It’s so hard to say about this woman. She is a very tiny little thing at 5’3” and about 100 pounds; long dark hair; 43 or 44 years old. It’s been awhile now—surely she would have taken a minute to call someone to let them know she was okay; but maybe not. She would have been so easy for a man to overcome.

Strangely enough, the other lady, Murielle, although older at 66, was almost the identical size: about 100 lbs., and 5’3” tall. Her hair is described as long, curly-and brown, with blonde highlights.

Yes, this is sad and concerning.

The location of the handbag is interesting, indeed. One might also suggest it could indicate a struggle. Or, another suggestion may be that a woman so distraught as to be about to throw herself in a cold, cold river would discard her purse in the moment, either intentionally or accidentally.

I agree with your point about leaving it home--it does make more sense.

Another point to note regarding the purses: Genevieve’s shoulder bag supposedly washed ashore with her, whereas Murielle's handbag was located near her car.

I agree they are “local,” especially if we consider the province as a whole.

I do have a map, but it is really very general. The details are so scarce that I can’t really get the pins exact. Anyway, it gives a basic idea of the locations.

The yellow pins are for Murielle—where she was last seen, and where she was found.

The red pins are for Jodi—where she was last seen on July 31/15, and where she was thought to be on July 27/15.

I allowed the blue pin to stand as the solitary marker for Genevieve, Shelby, Yeonhee, and the “name not released” person.

2luqf5e.jpg
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zyqf46vLzW9g.k0waUtZQXIv8

If you use the link to zoom right in, you can follow the Saint John river down to Saint John. Also, if you click on the pins, you should see a fairly large slide box open on the left of your screen for each location. If the map link is working right, I have added photos of the possible victims and article links.

Speculation only: sometimes working girls use aliases. It’s so hard to say about this woman. She is a very tiny little thing at 5’3” and about 100 pounds; long dark hair; 43 or 44 years old. It’s been awhile now—surely she would have taken a minute to call someone to let them know she was okay; but maybe not. She would have been so easy for a man to overcome.

Strangely enough, the other lady, Murielle, although older at 66, was almost the identical size: about 100 lbs., and 5’3” tall. Her hair is described as long, curly-and brown, with blonde highlights.

Yes, this is sad and concerning.

Thank you kindly Truth for doing that map. Great job! :)

IMO it's interest to see the locations and how they line up. I noticed how each location is within close proximity to the Trans Canada highway. According to Google Maps, it's approximately a five hours drive along the Trans Canada highway from Saint John, NB to Trois Piscoles, QC.

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't it seem odd that in a province of approximately 725,000, that there are many deaths where cause of death seems unclear? By that I mean not obvious from the onset. Did any of these people (women) seem to have a troubled past, such as drugs, alcohol, did they seemed depressed or talk of suicide etc.? IIRC just the one woman who had recently moved there from another country. Her husband said she was having a hard time adjusting, missing family and whatnot. It's all so bizarre. JMO.

From South Louisiana, where we have many people whose last name is Cormier...none of this makes any sense to me at all. How many people in Louisiana, familiar with the Mississippi & it's currents, I wonder, commit suicide or accidentally fall into the water? And it's not cold, cold water?! Hardly any, we call it a batture, levees, scrub bushes, trees, etc preventing accidentally falling in unless you're on a boat or ferry. A bridge? Tons of traffic, too narrow a walkway, if any, too many people, etc. Too, too frác.

From South Louisiana, where we have many people whose last name is Cormier...none of this makes any sense to me at all. How many people in Louisiana, familiar with the Mississippi & it's currents, I wonder, commit suicide or accidentally fall into the water? And it's not cold, cold water?! Hardly any, we call it a batture, levees, scrub bushes, trees, etc preventing accidentally falling in unless you're on a boat or ferry. A bridge? Tons of traffic, too narrow a walkway, if any, too many people, etc. Too, too frác.

Great points Tony. Personally and IMO who would want to commit suicide via drowning? I've heard it's one of the scariest ways to go. And jump from a bridge...what if your attempt failed, then what? You end up mangled, crippled, or whatever. I'm not buying the suicide theory. Accidents, not so sure about that either. Typically people are well aware of the dangers of being near waters edges and are cautious. I tend not to go around open bodies of water or climb on rock structures unless I'm with someone kwim. And for no one to have seen them hanging around the water is odd. JMO.

It's true. This bridge in particular is a very busy one, has a train bridge attached to it and often traffic is backed up. It would've been near impossible to jump off this bridge without being seen. As for it being an accidental death, the actual land/terrain doesn't really allow for that... If she was hanging near the open body of water which would be Reversing Falls, she could be seen from both of the restaurants that are along the street that she disappeared from. It's very difficult to understand without seeing for yourself. The trails, may have been hard to trip and fall off of and into the water, but they are very dense with many places someone could be perched or lurking, waiting for another person to come along. Most parts of the trail are also enclosed and not visible from the road or the restaurants.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth
Back