Found Deceased Canada - George Scott Cushnie, 80, AKA "Professor Piano" (legally blind), Toronto, 7 August 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we have anything that would lead us to suspect a student, or ex student might have anything to do with his disappearance?

Just a shot in the dark, but wondering if Scott may have headed towards a piano store? Thinking of Ramsden Park and the Rosedale ravine near the piano shop on Yonge St, Paul Hahn ect. imo speculation.
His fob was last used at 11:55 pm - I don't believe a piano store would be open at that time.

Before LASIK surgery I was "legally blind". I could see fine with corrective lenses. Not sure if this term is correctly used with this man, but if it is, he can see at least well enough to get around.

Thanks; somehow I missed that distinction - even the title of the thread infers otherwise. Perhaps we need to get the thread title changed if misleading?
Oh no, dread asking the mods to change the title again, but in my defence the police report stated " legally blind ".
Colour blind makes all this better and worse at the same time, imo.

That's why, when I made the other thread (didn't know about this thread), I left out 'legally blind'. ;)
Sorry to be pesky, but this doesn’t make sense to me. Who would even mention he is color blind. That really has little to do with anything, other than a tidbit. His limited sight, as noted by his thick glasses is notable. Where did this come from? Thanks in advance.

Sorry to be pesky, but this doesn’t make sense to me. Who would even mention he is color blind. That really has little to do with anything, other than a tidbit. His limited sight, as noted by his thick glasses is notable. Where did this come from? Thanks in advance.

Inept reporting.

Search ramps up for 'national treasure' pianist missing more than a month | CBC News
Friends to step up search for missing Toronto pianist called 'national treasure'

Scott Cushnie, 80, missing for over a month, was last seen east of downtown
Lorenda Reddekopp · CBC News · Posted: Sep 10, 2018 1:59 PM ET | Last Updated: 2 hours ago
scott-cushnie.jpeg

Scott Cushnie, known as Professor Piano, hasn't been seen or heard from since Aug. 7. (Submitted by Andrea Reid)
Friends are organizing a search for Scott Cushnie, 80, a renowned Toronto musician known as Professor Piano who has been missing for more than a month.

"I always described him as a national treasure," said Mitch Lewis, who played guitar alongside Cushnie for decades.

"The fact that he seems to have just vanished is just bizarre."

Cushnie, who's legally blind, lives in an independent seniors' apartment at River Street and King Street East, east of downtown Toronto, and was last seen on August 7. His friends didn't know he was missing until late August, when they realized nobody had heard from him."

Search ramps up for 'national treasure' pianist missing more than a month | CBC News
rbbm
"His friends say they will be gathering on Tuesday at 11 a.m. outside Cushnie's apartment to expand their search for him and put up more posters. They've already put up posters near his home and in the neighbourhood where he used to live, near College and Bathurst.

Cushnie has played with such rock greats as Robbie Robertson and Aerosmith.

The missing poster notes Cushnie was last seen the night of intense rainfall and flooding through parts of downtown, something friends wanted to include in case it jogs someone's memory of seeing him or played a factor in his disappearance.

Cushnie may have been wearing a yellow jacket
His friend Andrea Reid said surveillance video from Aug. 7 showed him buying something at a Shoppers Drug Mart near his home, then records show he tried to use his security fob inside his building just before midnight, but hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Reid said it wasn't unusual for Cushnie to walk around late at night, because with his impaired vision he saw better under the street lights than in bright sunlight."

I don't understand. He "tried" to use his security fob to get in his building, or he DID use the fob to get in the building? That's a very big difference, and makes a very big difference considering the circumstances.
11:55pm– Scott uses his FOB key to try to get into the common room in his building – he is denied access (the room is locked at 10 pm)

11:55pm– Scott uses his FOB key to try to get into the common room in his building – he is denied access (the room is locked at 10 pm)
okay - so do we know the policy for locked out residents? Do they call someone, go to a bat phone, or? Is there an assistant or security guard that is on prem?

Here are a few shots of the River & Queen area. Looks pretty industrial. The map shows he isn't that far from water. Ugh... : (

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.png
    2.png
    966.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.png
    3.png
    930.4 KB · Views: 22

Members online

Online statistics