Found Deceased Canada - George Scott Cushnie, 80, AKA "Professor Piano" (legally blind), Toronto, 7 August 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bump for Scott, and anxiously awaiting any news if more searches have taken place.

A group of about 15 of us plus a half dozen cops were out again on Sunday, we have covered surrounding areas near dvp don river up to roasedale and Riverdale park....both sides of the bridge.....after walking that bridge again...,I cannot fathom Scott getting blown over the bridge by the storm..,,railing is too high and there are no holes... we did all get together to tell Scott stories, have lunch and lift each other up.....still stuck tho...

A group of about 15 of us plus a half dozen cops were out again on Sunday, we have covered surrounding areas near dvp don river up to roasedale and Riverdale park....both sides of the bridge.....after walking that bridge again...,I cannot fathom Scott getting blown over the bridge by the storm..,,railing is too high and there are no holes... we did all get together to tell Scott stories, have lunch and lift each other up.....still stuck tho...
Terry if you feel confident that it is highly unlikely Scott went over the bridge then I'm going to park that speculation and start analyzing other possibilities. The following Toronto PD website does show that Scott lives in a high crime area:

http://data.torontopolice.on.ca/pages/maps

Who worked the late shift at those residences? Who would have been onsite when Scott was wandering about at 11:55pm? Have any polygraphs been conducted? Has anyone left employment since Scott's disappearance?

These questions must be addressed.

Thanks, Terry, and bless you and the others who went out and continue to look for Scott.
Has there been any info that traffic cams have all been checked yet, if you know? Would that bridge have had any cameras? Please take care of yourself- I know it's hard not to worry and think yourself nuts.

On August 1, 2018, George Cushnie was seen for the last time. Although legally blind, he is able to get around on his own and look after himself. It appears that George who goes by "Scott", made a series of purchases on August 7th 2018 and shortly before midnight that same day he tried to use his building key FOB to access the common room. There was no indication that "Scott" planned on going anywhere. He left behind his wallet and other personal effects.

Missing since: August 1, 2018
Year of birth: 1938
Age at disappearance: 80
Bio group: White
Eye Colour: Blue
Hair: Grey, Short
Height: 183cm / 6 ft 0 in
Weight: 79kg / 174lb
Build: Medium

Government of Canada: Canada's Missing - Canada's Missing | Case details

Google Search: Toronto musician Scott Cushnie, 80, missing for over a month

4XmU7Xn.jpg
yzROW0u.jpg

Missing Toronto musician may already be dead and buried in tragic case of mistaken identity

It now appears a tragic case of mistaken identity caused Scott Cushnie, a much-loved and storied piano man who played with a bewildering array of musicians including Aerosmith and Ronnie Hawkins, to be misidentified and buried under another name while his friends and family frantically searched for him for weeks.

Unbelievable. What are the chances?

At least his friends and family will have closure.

And I can't imagine the reactions of the other mans family when he returned home after the funeral.

Last edited:
Unbelievable. What are the chances?

At least his friends and family will have closure.

And I can't imagine the reactions of the other mans family when he returned home after the funeral.
This is amazing. Sad, but at last there appear to be answers. I am extremely interested in the other man's story, too. God bless you, Scott, and God bless your wonderful friends.

Missing Toronto musician may already be dead and buried in tragic case of mistaken identity
The night of Aug. 7 was a rough one in Toronto. A powerful storm caused widespread flooding and power outages. People were gripped the next day by stories of a dramatic rescue of two men stuck in a flooding elevator.

That night, a Toronto ambulance driver saw a senior fall, several friends of Cushnie’s said, piecing events together from what they have been told. The man was taken to hospital where his head injury was untreatable. He carried no identification.

It is not certain what happened next.

It is believed the hospital called police who notified a family of a missing man who matched the patient’s description and a positive identification was made. The body was released to the grieving family who then had a burial service.

Recently, the man turned up alive and his family alerted police. If it wasn’t him they buried, who was it?”

_____

Indeed, a highly unusual ending to a missing persons case. I’d imagine friends and family of both gentleman are dealing with a wide array of emotions at this time.

The man who “turned up alive”, I wonder how it was that he had no contact with his family until just recently or maybe he was living on the streets or in a shelter. It doesn’t say who made the positive (mistaken) identification but if it had been awhile since he was last seen, I can see that happening if the two men shared a similar appearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseInvestigator
Back