Found Deceased Canada - George Scott Cushnie, 80, AKA "Professor Piano" (legally blind), Toronto, 7 August 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
^ I got my ticket to ride this train, / Too late to change my mind.

Missing Toronto musician may already be dead and buried in tragic case of mistaken identity

It now appears a tragic case of mistaken identity caused Scott Cushnie, a much-loved and storied piano man who played with a bewildering array of musicians including Aerosmith and Ronnie Hawkins, to be misidentified and buried under another name while his friends and family frantically searched for him for weeks.
What the...................... seriously?!?!?!

I can't even imagine, in this day and age, this happening!

Unbelievable. What are the chances?

At least his friends and family will have closure.

And I can't imagine the reactions of the other mans family when he returned home after the funeral.
I would have fainted if I saw a loved one that I "knew" was dead, and they walked in the door. I'd probably join the other person in Kingdom Come, or call myself an ambulance, thinking I'd been hallucinating.

Rest in peace, Scott- my thoughts are with your family and friends.

From the article: Toronto police and the Chief Coroner for Ontario confirmed to the National Post they are involved in the case of apparent misidentification.

The night of Aug. 7 was a rough one in Toronto. A powerful storm caused widespread flooding and power outages.

That night, a Toronto ambulance driver saw a senior fall, several friends of Cushnie’s said, piecing events together from what they have been told. The man was taken to hospital where his head injury was untreatable. He carried no identification.

It is believed the hospital called police who notified a family of a missing man who matched the patient’s description and a positive identification was made.

Missing Toronto musician may already be dead and buried in tragic case of mistaken identity

What the...................... seriously?!?!?!

I can't even imagine, in this day and age, this happening!

Unfortunately it does happen.
Explainer: How bodies are identified

Purely speculation but once the body of the deceased was visually identified it’s doubtful any other type of secondary confirmation occurred. Because it would be a extremely huge coincidence for something such as dental records to also be alike.

I am prepared for the possibility that this is what happened to Scott but just to be clear. Nobody in any official capacity has confirmed that Scott is the one buried mistakenly yet....we were given this possible scenario and it got leaked prematurely by someone... It is remarkable how many stories have generated "facts"... the alive person, being alive is probably confirmable but identity is secret....

It now appears a tragic case of mistaken identity caused Scott Cushnie, a much-loved and storied piano man who played with a bewildering array of musicians including Aerosmith and Ronnie Hawkins, to be misidentified and buried under another name while his friends and family frantically searched for him for weeks.

I am prepared for the possibility that this is what happened to Scott but just to be clear. Nobody in any official capacity has confirmed that Scott is the one buried mistakenly yet....we were given this possible scenario and it got leaked prematurely by someone... It is remarkable how many stories have generated "facts"... the alive person, being alive is probably confirmable but identity is secret....

As well they should be a secret- they had nothing to do with this dear man's disappearance.

Prayers for you terry and all of his family and friends that either this is cleared up as a mistaken identity or that he is found soon.

Certainly agree about identity being secret. My point was that all the stories that have been written so far dont seem to understand that there is still a chance that the person to be exhumed is someone else. 3 people liking something on facebook does not make a fact.....i have not talked to reporters since this story leaked because its premature to conclude that its Scott....it may be him and that would provide some comfort and closure for us all but the folks telling us this version of events are the same ones that had him blown off a bridge into the river previously so...I will wait for exhumation and be certain....I shudder to think what would have happened if they had cremated...

As well they should be a secret- they had nothing to do with this dear man's disappearance.

Prayers for you terry and all of his family and friends that either this is cleared up as a mistaken identity or that he is found soon.

Certainly agree about identity being secret. My point was that all the stories that have been written so far dont seem to understand that there is still a chance that the person to be exhumed is someone else. 3 people liking something on facebook does not make a fact.....i have not talked to reporters since this story leaked because its premature to conclude that its Scott....it may be him and that would provide some comfort and closure for us all but the folks telling us this version of events are the same ones that had him blown off a bridge into the river previously so...I will wait for exhumation and be certain....I shudder to think what would have happened if they had cremated...
Terry, I can't even imagine what all of you who love this man are going through. This is truly outrageous, unbelievable! Here's hoping *accurate* answers come swiftly. SMH....

Have you been given any details on where the fall occurred at?

I'll be waiting for updates from you, Terry, as they occur officially. Peace be unto you.

Family seeking answers after Toronto musician was buried in the wrong grave

Scott Cushnie's friends and family were shocked to learn he had been misidentified by another family, and was buried in the wrong grave. After hearing the Ontario coroner's office made a mistake, his sister is looking for answers to how this could have happened. Matthew Bingley reports.

Cushnie was exhumed early last week and his body will soon be released to his family. Plans are now underway for a public celebration of his life.

To All,
Many, many thanks to everyone here on websleuths, these last few months have been incredibly difficult for me and the people on here have been a huge help to me. If you ever think of it go have a look at Scott doing what he always loved to do, play the piano. There are lots of vids on youtube just search Scott Cushnie or Professor Piano......
Love,
Terry

UOTE="rosesfromangels, post: 14522462, member: 52868"]Amazing...

RIP Professor Piano.
Peace and love to those that cherished him.[/QUOTE]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseInvestigator