Found Deceased Canada - Holly Ellsworth-Clark, 27, Hamilton ON, 11 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hamilton police identify remains of Holly Ellsworth-Clark, missing since January
"In a release, investigators say the 27-year-old’s remains were identified on Thursday morning after a worker spotted a body floating in Hamilton Harbour at Pier 11.
The body had been in the water for a prolonged period of time, according to police, and was identified by forensic sciences teams.

Investigators do not believe Ellsworth-Clark’s death is suspicious in nature.''

Facebook Groups
119089178_3421156431273867_1794896970421659646_o.jpg

I’m devastated to read this. Holly’s family, friends and others who volunteered to help find her held such dedication and high hope that she’d be found, it’s hard to believe this is the outcome. My heart is broken for each one of them.

If you Google Maps Wentworth street, switch to Street View, and walk it it as far as you can towards the water, you will be shocked to see the little fence that divides the public’s access to the water.

Very sad news. :(

For those not local, Pier 11 is at the foot of Victoria Ave & Burlington St. and it's an industrial area.
Port of Hamilton-Pier 11 - Outdoor Area/Complex - Hamilton - HERE WeGo

It's about a 25 minute walk from her apartment. It matches up with the direction she was last seen headed.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I listened to a podcast on Holly’s case and remember thinking she might really be alive, unwell & disconnected but alive somewhere. I was hopeful, when I seldom am.

I found her thread here afterwards because I wanted to continue to follow.

This is a terribly sad update.

Quite a gal. What a waste. Considering all this time with no verification of her "preposterous" claims, seems like probably an accident but they'll never be able to tell it apart from suicide. I don't expect there will be any evidence of foul play though.

What a heartbreaking update. This case gave me eerily similar vibes to Elisa Lam when I first read about it, and I was truly hoping this one would have a better ending. At least her friends and family have closure now, though I know that isn't much in a situation like this.

Thinking of her family tonight. I imagine they need someone to blame. :(

Holly Ellsworth-Clark’s family not yet convinced foul play wasn’t involved after remains found in harbour

And she added that the family is waiting for results from the autopsy before agreeing with police that there was no foul play involved.

“We want to wait for the toxicology and pathology reports,” she said. “We don’t want to necessarily close that door quite yet.”
From link.. rbbm, fair enough, imo.
''But Det. John Obrovac, who worked the case from the start, told The Spectator he is always open to receiving new information about any case.''

''Clark and Ellsworth declined to comment, but Elle McFearsin, a close family friend, told The Spectator the family wants to express gratitude toward Hamilton residents and the police for their efforts searching for Holly.

And she added that the family is waiting for results from the autopsy before agreeing with police that there was no foul play involved.

“We want to wait for the toxicology and pathology reports,” she said. “We don’t want to necessarily close that door quite yet.”

I know it was reported that Holly’s body had been in the water for quite some time but I’d like to know long really.

Holly disappeared in January and her body was found now? Why so long for her body to be discovered?

I hope we get to hear the results of the autopsy. I might be inclined to think that something is “off” about this.

MOO

I know it was reported that Holly’s body had been in the water for quite some time but I’d like to know long really.

Holly disappeared in January and her body was found now? Why so long for her body to be discovered?

I hope we get to hear the results of the autopsy. I might be inclined to think that something is “off” about this.
MOO
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/holly-ellseworth-clark-remains-found-1.5719209

Officers never did search the water while looking for Ellsworth-Clark.

"Searching the bay, that's a huge, huge area... There was nothing to indicate that at the time," Oleniuk explained.

"The water is well trafficked, not the clearest water and you need a starting point and the other thing is once a body hits the water, there's all kinds of factors at play whether they go down or rise to the surface or the currents and everything else."
I hate that this isn't surprising from Canadian local law enforcement. Maybe they don't have the budgets that we do in the US?

MOO

IMO, there are several factors, such as water temps, that can keep a body submerged for a period of time. Eventually, the body will surface.

IMO, there are several factors, such as water temps, that can keep a body submerged for a period of time. Eventually, the body will surface.

Wouldn’t currents or tides have moved her? If she has been in the water that whole time and is still in the same area that seems weird to me. Maybe she was caught up in something under water and it broke free and she surfaced. So sad the water wasn’t searched from the start . Hope Holly’s family can find some peace now she has been found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back