Found Deceased Canada - Holly Ellsworth-Clark, 27, Hamilton ON, 11 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
UPDATE: Missing Person Holly Ellsworth-Clark

"On Wednesday, January 29, 2020, Hamilton Police received information about a security video which captured a woman walking northbound on Wentworth Street approaching Shaw Street. The incident occurred on Saturday, January 11, 2020 at approximately 4:50 p.m. The video has been reviewed and police confirmed the female captured in the video is Holly Ellsworth-Clark. This is last confirmed sighting of Holly."

ETA: Looks like she is carrying a garbage bag with her?

Last edited:
- Regardless of whether or not she was experiencing mania or psychosis - she remains missing. I am troubled by a seeming lack of discussion or public announcement from her roommates or friends in Hamilton. Who were her friends? What do they know? Are they sharing information freely? This isn't a time to withhold pertinent information (such as whether she was using drugs, etc.). What do we know about the ex-boyfriend?

Just my thoughts...

Respectfully, SBM.

Roommates have been posting/sharing on SM and have been actively involved in the search efforts. Holly only moved to Hamilton recently, so I'm not sure that she had many local friends. The ex-boyfriend has also been heavily involved in the search. While I understand that it's rather common for perpetrators to involve themselves in crime investigations, my personal gut feeling is that none of these people close to Holly are responsible in any way for her disappearance. More and more, as the days go by, and more little tidbits of information come to light, it all solidifies my thought that she's suffering from a serious, sudden mental breakdown, as opposed to anything deliberately nefarious having occurred. Obviously, I sincerely hope that she's somewhere safe and warm, and that she's found soon. Over the weekend, I'll be taking my German Shepherd for a hike through some of the trails that she's been known to frequent, although I sure hope she has more shelter than those trails have to offer. The weather here has not been pleasant.

UPDATE: Missing Person Holly Ellsworth-Clark

"On Wednesday, January 29, 2020, Hamilton Police received information about a security video which captured a woman walking northbound on Wentworth Street approaching Shaw Street. The incident occurred on Saturday, January 11, 2020 at approximately 4:50 p.m. The video has been reviewed and police confirmed the female captured in the video is Holly Ellsworth-Clark. This is last confirmed sighting of Holly."

ETA: Looks like she is carrying a garbage bag with her?

Wow, that sure is a garbage bag Holly’s got hiked over her back. It makes it appear as if she packed some of her belonging to go someplace else, contrary to earlier reports that she left her apartment and took nothing. This latest sighting may give rise to hope she voluntarily moved on to another destination and for some reason has not reached out to all the people who care about her.

ETA. The route she took from her home, then sighted on the security video appears to be toward the shipyard and Marine Terminals on the harbour.

Last edited:
Wow, that sure is a garbage bag Holly’s got hiked over her back. It makes it appear as if she packed some of her belonging to go someplace else, contrary to earlier reports that she left her apartment and took nothing. This latest sighting may give rise to hope she voluntarily moved on to another destination and for some reason has not reached out to all the people who care about her.

ETA. The route she took from her home, then sighted on the security video appears to be toward the shipyard and Marine Terminals on the harbour.

This is actually encouraging. I wonder if she's in Toronto.

Not long ago a woman from the US (April, I believe her name was), came to Toronto and mysteriously disappeared. Not to be seen or heard from for a good 2 - 3 months. Family was frantic trying to find her. Eventually she was found - alive and presumably safe. It's very possible that Holly is OK somewhere.

I'm wondering if Holly, in distress, with some belongings, intentionally has gone off the grid. If she is suffering a psychotic break she may be fearful of contacting her own family.

I think this video is good news. Fingers crossed.

This is actually encouraging. I wonder if she's in Toronto.

Not long ago a woman from the US (April, I believe her name was), came to Toronto and mysteriously disappeared. Not to be seen or heard from for a good 2 - 3 months. Family was frantic trying to find her. Eventually she was found - alive and presumably safe. It's very possible that Holly is OK somewhere.

I'm wondering if Holly, in distress, with some belongings, intentionally has gone off the grid. If she is suffering a psychotic break she may be fearful of contacting her own family.

I think this video is good news. Fingers crossed.

I think the video is good news as well. It also shows her wearing a rain poncho while walking in the rain, contrary to earlier reports which indicated she was not dressed for the weather - which more or less gave the impression she disappeared from her apartment in a state of sudden terror. Packing up belongings and preparing for the weather requires some thought and foresight so it also makes me hopeful she has intentionally gone off the grid but is alive and well somewhere.

“The missing woman, 6'1 and 200 pounds, is walking in the rain, wearing what appears to be a rain poncho with black pants and black boots, while carrying a black garbage bag that seems full.....

.......The new video also comes as Ellsworth-Clark's family was mulling over whether to expand their search outside of Hamilton, toward Toronto and Montreal.”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/holly-ellsworth-clark-new-video-hamilton-police-1.5447382

Jan 31 2020 by Bobby Hristova
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/holly-ellsworth-clark-new-video-hamilton-police-1.5447382
'This changes things'

Though, Dave says the new video changes things for their search strategy, even if the video is from the day she left.

"It shows she's not just running in a panic, distraught, getting soaked in a very cold rain," he says.

"It shows she's got her wits about her, a little bit at least, and maybe fully, we don't really know whether she's gone off after a mental breakdown or if she's completely in her right mind ... but she's walking along with her usual determined stride there. She's still herself."

''Dave and Greta also don't know what Holly could be lugging in the garbage bag slung over her shoulder.

"We had never been to her room before she went missing," Dave says.''

''It sure gave us a lot of heart to see Holly'
The new surveillance video comes as Holly's family was mulling over whether to expand their search outside of Hamilton, toward Toronto and Montreal.''
holly-ellsworth-clark.jpg

Holly Ellsworth-Clark playing a song in Calgary. (Instagram)
''She moved to Hamilton in October 2019 the end of a relationship and her band, which Holly described as a mix of Velvet Underground and 90s grunge.

"I think most of my songs that are really important to me come from feeling discomfort and being like, 'shoot, I'm not being honest with something in my life,' " she said in an interview with The Underground Listener.

"My music is really emotionally driven and I'm trying to be as honest about my internal conflicts that I'm basing, I don't want to tell half the story. I want to tell the whole truth of what I'm feeling."

Anyone with information can call the police at 905-546-3816.

The Clark family is also accepting tips at bringhollyhome2020@gmail.com.''

Last sighting of Holly Ellsworth-Clark
•Jan 31, 2020
''Hamilton police confirm Holly Ellsworth-Clark was last spotted on a security camera Jan. 11 at approximately 4:50 p.m. walking northbound on Wentworth Street approaching Shaw Street.''

New video footage from Hamilton police shows last confirmed sighting of Holly Ellsworth-Clark
“She was alone,” Dave Clark told Global News Radio’s The Roy Green Show. “She moved here, following a bandmate after a break-up of a band, and then they really hadn’t made any progress as far as starting up a new band. So she was just working on solo stuff and trying to get a solo album together. She had a bunch of songs that she was ready to record, and had plans made to put an album together.”

He said she was living in a house with several other musicians and working at a job remotely from her computer.

Last sighting of Holly Ellsworth-Clark
•Jan 31, 2020
''Hamilton police confirm Holly Ellsworth-Clark was last spotted on a security camera Jan. 11 at approximately 4:50 p.m. walking northbound on Wentworth Street approaching Shaw Street.''

New video footage from Hamilton police shows last confirmed sighting of Holly Ellsworth-Clark
“She was alone,” Dave Clark told Global News Radio’s The Roy Green Show. “She moved here, following a bandmate after a break-up of a band, and then they really hadn’t made any progress as far as starting up a new band. So she was just working on solo stuff and trying to get a solo album together. She had a bunch of songs that she was ready to record, and had plans made to put an album together.”

He said she was living in a house with several other musicians and working at a job remotely from her computer.

Police previously said these images show Holly leaving her residence around 4pm. It's difficult to make things out but I don't see a garbage bag in the last still shot.

holly-clark.jpg

Hamilton police release images of Holly Ellsworth-Clark from the day she went missing

The video that was just released is said to be from around 4:50pm. According to Google, it's an 8 minute walk between the two addresses. Where was Holly and what was she doing in that time frame?

"Walking northbound on Wentworth Street, approaching Shaw Street."

Looking at a map of this area, the easiest way out of town heading north, west from were she was last seen would be to walk down the train tracks toward West Harbor Go station were she would have access to train and buses.

Otherwise her only option would have been industries and water.

Another thought, I wondered if she left town and left her phone not to be tracked.

Hope she is safe, and that there will be peace of mind for her family, and friends.

Attachments

• 20200201_042228.jpg
    20200201_042228.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 19
"Walking northbound on Wentworth Street, approaching Shaw Street."

Looking at a map of this area, the easiest way out of town heading north, west from were she was last seen would be to walk down the train tracks toward West Harbor Go station were she would have access to train and buses.

Otherwise her only option would have been industries and water.

Another thought, I wondered if she left town and left her phone not to be tracked.

Hope she is safe, and that there will be peace of mind for her family, and friends.
Welcome to Ws Dawin, thanks for the additional information, good point about the phone !

Just noticed that my train track idea is flawed, as the video shows that she had passed the tracks before the video was taken.

Sorry for an confusion, I tried to delete, but don't see a way to delete post.
No problem at all, thanks for the correction. To delete a post, highlight and backspace as usual, to erase, then just leave a word or a letter ie delete, d, dbm (deleted by me)

This is just a thought. Holly asked for the plane ticket on friday and was told her parents would pick her up the next day. If she was in a manic state she would want to act immediately and tomorrow is too long to wait and maybe she just decided to take off on her own. In her hurry she forgot her cell phone. Doesn't explain where she is now though. In that state she might interact with someone she wouldn't normally who had bad intentions. So tough for her and her parents.

This is just a thought. Holly asked for the plane ticket on friday and was told her parents would pick her up the next day. If she was in a manic state she would want to act immediately and tomorrow is too long to wait and maybe she just decided to take off on her own. In her hurry she forgot her cell phone. Doesn't explain where she is now though. In that state she might interact with someone she wouldn't normally who had bad intentions. So tough for her and her parents.
I think it is safe to assume the police would have checked with the airlines and the CBSA if she left the country. I hope they did, at least.

I think its important to emphasize that even if Holly were experiencing psychosis - the "threat" of the two men she states were chasing her is very "real" to her. The fear and terror she would have experienced would have felt genuine. At this point, we can't rule out that she is hiding from the threat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gypsy0147
Back