Found Deceased Canada - Jaxon Macdonald, 15, Duck Mountain Provincial Park Saskatchewan, 13 Mar 2021 *$100k reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

bombardier

Reaction score
RCMP searching Duck Mountain for missing 15-year-old boy
In a release, police said 15-year-old Jaxon MacDonald was last seen leaving a cottage in the Jubilee Subdivision area of Duck Mountain Provincial Park, on foot, around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday. He was travelling to another residence in the subdivision.
Police say MacDonald was not dressed appropriately for the weather and his family is concerned for his wellbeing.
MacDonald is described as having brown hair, blue eyes, braces, and freckles. He is approximately 5 feet, six inches tall, with an athletic build.
He was last seen wearing a black Champion hoodie, black Adidas sweatpants and black Adidas shoes.
image.jpeg

$100K reward offered for information on missing Regina teen last seen at Madge Lake
MacDonald’s mother Danielle Wilson said a cash reward of $100,000 is being offered for any information leading to the teen’s whereabouts.
“He texted me at 12:30 a.m. the night that he disappeared to come and get him and I left five minutes later and he wasn’t there. So we’re talking about a matter of five and 10 minutes this kid just disappeared,” Wilson told Global News on Monday.
“I don’t know if he got in a car with somebody. I don’t know if somebody’s in a car picked him up. He was a block away from the highway. I don’t know if he walked to the highway and somebody picked him up. We have no sign of foul play. We have nothing."
His destination was a cottage in the same subdivision, not far away, according to a press release on Monday.
“It was a block away. Our cabins are a block away from each other,” Wilson said.

A 100k reward being offered only 2 days later...clearly his family + LE suspect he's not just some runaway whose hanging out at a friend's house. Also, question - he's going to a cabin a block away (is this his place?) but asked his mum to pick him up? It reached -10C that night so perhaps he was just too cold to walk for a few minutes, but most 15 y/o boys I know want as much independence from their parents as possible. MOO

$100K reward offered for information on missing Regina teen last seen at Madge Lake
MacDonald’s mother Danielle Wilson said a cash reward of $100,000 is being offered for any information leading to the teen’s whereabouts.
“He texted me at 12:30 a.m. the night that he disappeared to come and get him and I left five minutes later and he wasn’t there. So we’re talking about a matter of five and 10 minutes this kid just disappeared,” Wilson told Global News on Monday.
“I don’t know if he got in a car with somebody. I don’t know if somebody’s in a car picked him up. He was a block away from the highway. I don’t know if he walked to the highway and somebody picked him up. We have no sign of foul play. We have nothing."
His destination was a cottage in the same subdivision, not far away, according to a press release on Monday.
“It was a block away. Our cabins are a block away from each other,” Wilson said.

A 100k reward being offered only 2 days later...clearly his family + LE suspect he's not just some runaway whose hanging out at a friend's house. Also, question - he's going to a cabin a block away (is this his place?) but asked his mum to pick him up? It reached -10C that night so perhaps he was just too cold to walk for a few minutes, but most 15 y/o boys I know want as much independence from their parents as possible. MOO
SBBM

His destination was a cottage in the same subdivision, not far away, according to a press release on Monday. “It was a block away. Our cabins are a block away from each other,” Wilson said. “He was at a party with some local kids a block away from the subdivision, like … it’s just a small beach community. Everybody knows everybody.
#

Oh boy! Yeah, someone knows something. I wonder how well Jaxon knew the kids at this party and what kind of reputation they have. That could explain the large reward so soon after his disappearance. MOO

:( Rest in peace, Jaxon.
620 CKRM
13 mins ago
BREAKING: The search for 15-year-old Jaxon MacDonald has come to a tragic end. RCMP say the boy's body was found on an island on Madge Lake just before noon today
thank you for posting the update :( patiently waiting to see if LE reveals how he ended up on said island/COD.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/missing-regina-teen-found-dead-1.5951972
The investigation is ongoing, police said, and no further information will be released at this time.

Hoping the investigative team gets this resolved and quickly (I know we all do).

Well, we know that Jaxon had his phone at 12:30 a.m. because he texted his Mom.

At first I wondered whether someone may have seen or heard something - a scuffle or loud words outside when he was waiting for his Mom? I'm sure everyone at the party would have been interviewed by now. But then, I read another article stating he "left on foot" from that house.

From the words from his Mom in the following news article, it sounds as if Jaxon was very responsible and the fact that he texted his Mom hourly shows that.

Rest in Peace Jaxon.
You should still be with your family and friends, just being a 15 year-old.

Search crews find missing teen's body Tuesday near Kamsack, Sask. | Regina Leader Post

Excerpt from article (above):

"Wilson also said her son texted her when he was leaving the party at 12:30 a.m., asking her to pick him up. When she arrived, he wasn’t there, she said.

"It was the third hourly check-in he did."

“He checked with me at 10:30 (and) 11:30 (Saturday night). ‘I’m good mom, I’m good.’ I didn’t even ask. That’s the kind of kid he is,” she said.

In this news article, (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/missing-regina-teen-found-dead-1.5951972

"MacDonald was last seen leaving a home in the Jubilee subdivision of Duck Mountain Provincial Park on foot around 12:30 a.m. CST Sunday."

Someone from the party must have given this information that Jaxon was seen leaving a home... on foot. My question is: why would he be walking away from the house if his Mom was on her way to pick him up?

Then there is this:
"Jaxon was last seen leaving a residence/cottage on foot in the Jubilee Subdivision area of Duck Mountain Provincial Park around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday March 14. His destination was a residence/cottage in the same subdivision, not far away."

Missing teen found deceased on park island

Last edited:
awe, what a nice kid! I feel awful for his family.
I can't edit my previous post but I answered my own question - the Jubilee subdivision is right in the middle of this map (full pdf here).
upload_2021-3-17_18-13-35.png

using that map, his party was happening somewhere around here (grey marker), which is close to the water, yes, but far from any islands! the nearest island i can see is the mass to the left (which looks like its connected to the land but if u zoom its separate) and thats a couple kilometers away from Jubilee area. The satellite images are pretty clear and I can't find any very small islands closer by where he could have been.
upload_2021-3-17_18-20-41.png
I just don't know...I hope nobody had a hand in this. I know its not *uncommon* for teen boys to drown accidentally when leaving a party (its a damn epidemic), but this kid does NOT sound like he was drinking heavily (all MOO) //edit - see my next post, lake is frozen so drowning and re-emerging is very unlikely//

Last edited:
awe, what a nice kid! I feel awful for his family.
I can't edit my previous post but I answered my own question - the Jubilee subdivision is right in the middle of this map (full pdf here).
View attachment 289146

using that map, his party was happening somewhere around here (grey marker), which is close to the water, yes, but far from any islands! the nearest island i can see is the mass to the left (which looks like its connected to the land but if u zoom its separate) and thats a couple kilometers away from Jubilee area. The satellite images are pretty clear and I can't find any very small islands closer by where he could have been.
View attachment 289147
I just don't know...I hope nobody had a hand in this. I know its not *uncommon* for teen boys to drown accidentally when leaving a party (its a damn epidemic), but this kid does NOT sound like he was drinking heavily (all MOO)

Thank you for this information and the map, @bombardier . Greatly appreciated!

I looked up the directions on the map you've given us and added where Jaxon's home is - the town of Kamsack. (I'm assuming his Mom was coming from Kamsack to pick him up)

Where Jaxon was found is in the opposite direction to his home (Kamsack).

I understand that the ice would be frozen in that area and that it's a good destination for snowmobilers. Perhaps someone who was snowmobiling spotted him. According to the news articles, Jaxon was dressed in black and his clothing would stand out from the snow and ice. Just my opinion.

This is so dreadful.

Google Maps

Last edited:
I know its not *uncommon* for teen boys to drown accidentally

Could someone clarify for me....I thought he was found ON an island?
If he drowned, then surely he would have been found in the water?

When I read this yesterday, I presumed he'd been killed and his body dumped and left on one of the islands...by a local...with a boat?

Jubilee Subdivision is presumably the residential neighborhood surrounding Jubilee Drive

Google Maps

Cabins just a block away from the highway would presumably be Madge Lake Developments

Google Maps

You can see photos of the cabins here

Madge Lake Retreats |Cabin Rental |Condo Rental | Madge Lake Developments | Madge Lake | Duck Mountain Provincial Park | Kamsack | Hunting | Fishing | Snowmobiling | Skiing |

They look nice but definitely the kind of place teenagers would rent to have pretty wild parties. I would ordinarily assume intoxicated drowning, a salt common occurrence here with young men but if he was that intoxicated I would have expected his mother would have kept him on the phone if he was such a short drive away.

In the middle of the night though, a parent interacting with a misbehaving teen. Safety may not have been the top priority in the moment. As far as "an island" goes, from the aerial photos it looks to me like there are various sand bar type small islands near the shore in that area. Law enforcement may be referring to one of those. Perhaps Jaxon fell into the water and made it to one but died of hypothermia and a wet phone. Kind of a sad scenario but seems a pretty likely one to me.

Could someone clarify for me....I thought he was found ON an island?
If he drowned, then surely he would have been found in the water?

When I read this yesterday, I presumed he'd been killed and his body dumped and left on one of the islands...by a local...with a boat?
oop, you're right - its so warm in my part of BC that I hadn't considered that other places in Canada still hadn't thawed out, so I was thinking of the possibility of him floating and washing up ashore. Just looked for a reference and his mum confirmed that the lake is still completely frozen. In that case, it would actually be very easy to access that closest island, as there's only a small stretch between both land masses, and I assume you could walk/snowmobile/(even drive?) over there.

oop, you're right - its so warm in my part of BC that I hadn't considered that other places in Canada still hadn't thawed out, so I was thinking of the possibility of him floating and washing up ashore. Just looked for a reference and his mum confirmed that the lake is still completely frozen.

That is why I wondered if a snowmobiler spotted him on the ice between the islands, especially since Jaxon's black clothing would stand out in the snow or on the ice. Just a possibility and JMO

Jubilee Subdivision is presumably the residential neighborhood surrounding Jubilee Drive

Google Maps

Cabins just a block away from the highway would presumably be Madge Lake Developments

Google Maps

You can see photos of the cabins here

Madge Lake Retreats |Cabin Rental |Condo Rental | Madge Lake Developments | Madge Lake | Duck Mountain Provincial Park | Kamsack | Hunting | Fishing | Snowmobiling | Skiing |

They look nice but definitely the kind of place teenagers would rent to have pretty wild parties. I would ordinarily assume intoxicated drowning, a salt common occurrence here with young men but if he was that intoxicated I would have expected his mother would have kept him on the phone if he was such a short drive away.

In the middle of the night though, a parent interacting with a misbehaving teen. Safety may not have been the top priority in the moment. As far as "an island" goes, from the aerial photos it looks to me like there are various sand bar type small islands near the shore in that area. Law enforcement may be referring to one of those. Perhaps Jaxon fell into the water and made it to one but died of hypothermia and a wet phone. Kind of a sad scenario but seems a pretty likely one to me.

Thank you for all of this information along with the map, @evilwise. Very much appreciated! Now, I have a better understanding of the layout of the land there.

If Jaxon's Mom was driving from their home in Kamsack - apparently a 12 minute drive, then it is disturbing that Jaxon's body was found in the opposite direction from Kamsack.

The saddening yet possible scenario of Jaxon wandering off and perishing of hypothermia has tragically happened to others before.

Unless the investigators uncover something else.

We may not hear any updates from the authorities until their investigation is completed.

Missing teen found deceased on park island
"Jaxon was last seen leaving a residence/cottage on foot in the Jubilee Subdivision area of Duck Mountain Provincial Park around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday March 14. His destination was a residence/cottage in the same subdivision, not far away."

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504
Back