Found Deceased Canada - Jaxon Macdonald, 15, Duck Mountain Provincial Park Saskatchewan, 13 Mar 2021 *$100k reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
very true @evilwise , hypothermia can make people do some very strange things. I still have my reservations though until more information comes out, I don't think he would have cognitive-altering hypothermia right off the bat when he set off (I'm assuming it was a party around a campfire or it wasn't that cold yet) so I don't see how he could have gone in the complete opposite direction, it's not like there's houses or roads out on the ice. I am also a stubborn Canadian who has worn the same garb (hoodie n sweats) in -10C temps (the low reported that night) and I'm able to walk the 30 mins it takes to get home. Of course if you're lost outside in those temperatures for longer than that you'd be at risk of hypothermia, but I want to know why he'd go out to the island in the first place!

Exactly. The island was 2-3 kilometers away from his last known location. Factor in ice, deep snow, thick bush, sneakers,... It would take a while to make it that far in those conditions. Would he survive that long to make it that far? Wearing light clothing and sneakers. If so, he was one strong kid.

very true @evilwise , hypothermia can make people do some very strange things. I still have my reservations though until more information comes out, I don't think he would have cognitive-altering hypothermia right off the bat when he set off (I'm assuming it was a party around a campfire or it wasn't that cold yet) so I don't see how he could have gone in the complete opposite direction, it's not like there's houses or roads out on the ice. I am also a stubborn Canadian who has worn the same garb (hoodie n sweats) in -10C temps (the low reported that night) and I'm able to walk the 30 mins it takes to get home. Of course if you're lost outside in those temperatures for longer than that you'd be at risk of hypothermia, but I want to know why he'd go out to the island in the first place!

Exactly. The island was 2-3 kilometers away from his last known location. Factor in ice, deep snow, thick bush, sneakers,... It would take a while to make it that far in those conditions. Would he survive that long to make it that far? Wearing light clothing and sneakers. If so, he was one strong kid.

My theory: I think he left the party for some reason, like an altercation or an argument with someone and left the cabin, told his Mom to come and get him. Someone (or several people) followed him out of the cabin and roughed him up, maybe a bit too much, saw that he was badly injured/killed and panicked and took his body away by snowmobile to hide in the treed area on the island.
MOO.

My theory: I think he left the party for some reason, like an altercation or an argument with someone and left the cabin, told his Mom to come and get him. Someone (or several people) followed him out of the cabin and roughed him up, maybe a bit too much, saw that he was badly injured/killed and panicked and took his body away by snowmobile to hide in the treed area on the island.
MOO.
Law enforcement has stated that foul play is not (currently) indicated. If his body was badly beaten up I wouldn't think they would say that.

I agree with @evilwise that hypothermia would certainly set in during a long walk on a -10 night to a slight-built young teen wearing a hoodie , sweatpants and sneakers. No question there.

What throws me off is the distance Jaxon would have travelled in those conditions to have ended up on an island on Madge Lake.

I would like to know if his cell phone was with him. Even if he tried to contact his Mom half-way, there may not have been cell connection if he was walking across on the ice from East Bay. I have no idea, of course but some lakes in our area don't have cell service on some lakes, depending where the cell tower is.

The driving map shows 5.8 kms but it would take a lesser amount of time by foot - especially if he walked by the shore. Not sure if he walked across East Bay to get there, for example.

@Ambergold2003 mentioned 2 to 3 kms, which makes sense as Jaxon wouldn't have walked roundabout like the driving map.

JMO

This map shows the distance from the Jubilee Drive Boat Ramp to Madge Lake:

Google Maps

Last edited:

I have my doubts about how precise "a block" and "five minutes" is but even moderate drinking can exacerbate hypothermia.

Dear @evilwise,

This sentence you wrote got me wondering if the cabin where the Mom was is located on the shoreline adjacent to Jubilee Drive. If so, then maybe Jaxon did head onto East Bay and walked straight to Madge Lake instead of turning right towards the shoreline where his Mom was.

Also I understand completely when you question the preciseness of "a block" or "five minutes".

Google Maps

I agree with @evilwise that hypothermia would certainly set in during a long walk on a -10 night to a slight-built young teen wearing a hoodie , sweatpants and sneakers. No question there.

What throws me off is the distance Jaxon would have travelled in those conditions to have ended up on an island on Madge Lake.

I would like to know if his cell phone was with him. Even if he tried to contact his Mom half-way, there may not have been cell connection if he was walking across on the ice from East Bay. I have no idea, of course but some lakes in our area don't have cell service on some lakes, depending where the cell tower is.

The driving map shows 5.8 kms but it would take a lesser amount of time by foot - especially if he walked by the shore. Not sure if he walked across East Bay to get there, for example.

@Ambergold2003 mentioned 2 to 3 kms, which makes sense as Jaxon wouldn't have walked roundabout like the driving map.

JMO

This map shows the distance from the Jubilee Drive Boat Ramp to Madge Lake:

Google Maps

I wonder if he had been drinking and was disoriented. I've been on a frozen lake at night, and you can get surprisingly turned around, not knowing if you're on the lake or ground. I wonder if he got mixed up and just kept walking, perhaps thinking the island in the distance was the neighborhood, and he headed toward it.

How far was the edge of the lake from where he called his mom?

jmo

I wonder if he had been drinking and was disoriented. I've been on a frozen lake at night, and you can get surprisingly turned around, not knowing if you're on the lake or ground. I wonder if he got mixed up and just kept walking, perhaps thinking the island in the distance was the neighborhood, and he headed toward it.

How far was the edge of the lake from where he called his mom?

jmo

Dear @Inthedetails,

According to the news reports, Jaxon texted his Mom from a residence on Jubilee Drive which is the street where the Jubilee Drive Duck Mountain Boat Dock is - to an island on Madge Lake, where his body was located.

If he walked across part of East Bay (starts at Jubilee Drive) to take a short cut to his Mom's cabin, ended up walking all the way to Madge Lake in a straight line. Could this have been the first stage of hypothermia (confusion)?

This was in the middle of a dark night as well as 10 below.

Now, we don't know where exactly the Mom's cabin is - she stated she was 5 minutes away by car. But we don't know which direction. If the cabin was on the shoreline of East Bay, did he think he was walking towards there?

Here is a map showing these locations:

Google Maps

Last edited:
Dear @Inthedetails,

According to the news reports, Jaxon was at a residence on Jubilee Drive which is the street where the Jubilee Drive Duck Mountain Boat Dock is (starting point on the map).

So the blue line on the map shows the driving distance from where Jaxon phoned his Mom to get him (on Jubilee Drive) all the way to Madge Lake, where his body was located.

Here's the map I've been looking at which shows the distance between Jubilee Drive and the Madge Lake area.

If he walked across part of East Bay (starts at Jubilee Drive) to take a short cut to his Mom's cabin, for some reason he walked all the way to Madge Lake in a straight line.

Now, we don't know where exactly the Mom's cabin is - she stated she was 5 minutes away. But we don't know which direction. If the cabin was on the shoreline of East Bay, did he think he was walking towards there?

Here is a map showing these locations:

Google Maps

That is helpful - thank you ZC!

He could've stepped out onto the frozen lake right by Jubilee. I'm thinking that's what he did out of disorientation in the dark (and perhaps drinking, idk) and then walked across the ice to the lake, thinking he was walking toward land, not the island. But it was too far in the cold weather given what he was wearing to survive.

Just a hunch, of course.

jmo

If he got there by himself, he walked almost half way across that frozen lake, distance-wise!
It's a long way to walk in ice and snow, while being drunk......but the thing is, was he drunk? I don't believe so, IMO.

He managed to text his mother, so couldn't have been that drunk....unless the message he sent had typos and other bad spelling mistakes from poor co-ordination. (Ever tried to send a drunken message?!)
But his mother didn't mention the message was garbled or had typos, so it must've been a normal written message, meaning he was sober enough.

I don't believe he was drunk and disorientated and wandered off and lost sense of direction. To do that, he'd have had to have been absolutely plastered with alcohol.

He wouldn't have been able to walk all that way in the ice and snow in just sneakers while being drunk.
MOO.

Attachments

• Image_1616202184.jpg
    Image_1616202184.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
If he got there by himself, he walked almost half way across that frozen lake, distance-wise!
It's a long way to walk in ice and snow, while being drunk......but the thing is, was he drunk? I don't believe so, IMO.

He managed to text his mother, so couldn't have been that drunk then....unless the message he sent had typos and other bad spelling mistakes from poor co-ordination. But his mother didn't mention that. So, it must've just been a normally written message, meaning he was sober enough.

I don't believe he was drunk and disorientated and wandered off and lost sense of direction.
He wouldn't have been able to walk all that way in the ice and snow in just sneakers while being drunk.
MOO.
Okay, maybe not drunk, but simply disoriented in the dark.

As I posted, I've been turned around on a frozen lake at night in the winter - and I wasn't drinking and I knew the area. I recall the snow being so inviting (but I knew not to stop and lay down, thank goodness).

LE said no foul play is suspected so I'm thinking of ways it could've happened.

But, of course, I could be completely wrong. As I said, it's my hunch.

jmo

I just think something must've happened at the party for him to want to leave on foot and not even wait around for 10 minutes for his mother to collect him.

Yes, this seemed odd, especially when his Mom said she was a 5-minute drive away.

Also, the further away from lighted houses or cabins, the more pitch-dark it is. I've tripped over a rock in pitch-darkness near a cottage. So, I don't understand why Jaxon starting walking. It appears we won't ever know why. It's just so awfully sad.

Many an adult wanders away under the influence. Websleuths has pages of them. I am heartbroken for his mother/family. His mother did everything right ..she let him be 15 years old..she was there to go pick him up.

Per posts on page 1, he was last seen leaving the cabin, presumably by the people there. So for whatever reason, he chose to leave rather than wait inside for his mother.

We don't know why, or if that was a normal thing from the point of view of the witness(es), or what was going on, at all. Sounds like no one is going to give the media any more details.

I expect the people he was with were close to his age, this could be quite traumatic for them.
But we don't know how credible those witness testimonies are.

The police were asking questions of partygoers. Who knows if they had something to fear or something to hide? Maybe they were afraid to get involved or to tell a story that goes against others around them?

The witnesses apparently said they him walk away alone. But what if he was being walked away by a small group---would any witnesses want to tell that to police? I think they would be afraid to d0 so if that is what happened.

The story as we know it so far just does not make sense to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera
Back