Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to the possibility that even if the the ex drove her home that the roommate could have used that to his advantage. He made his move, the ex takes the fall.

Or could it be possible JN skipped out because she was overwhelmed by the pending custody change? Possibly she wasn't ready to take on the responsibility.

Or KRC needed her to take on more time with the children and she was still not on board and so her and her ex had an argument and he lost his temper. Has he been aggresive with her before that family or friends are aware of? Where would he have hidden or disposed of her body?

I keep going back to the possibility that even if the the ex drove her home that the roommate could have used that to his advantage. He made his move, the ex takes the fall.

Or could it be possible JN skipped out because she was overwhelmed by the pending custody change? Possibly she wasn't ready to take on the responsibility.

Or KRC needed her to take on more time with the children and she was still not on board and so her and her ex had an argument and he lost his temper. Has he been aggresive with her before that family or friends are aware of? Where would he have hidden or disposed of her body?
If he wanted her to take more time, then it doesn't make sense to get rid of her. 50/50 can also include child support for the parent with the lesser income, however.

If he wanted her to take more time, then it doesn't make sense to get rid of her. 50/50 can also include child support for the parent with the lesser income, however.

True. Unless he lost control. Maybe there was more to it, what if they were working on their relationship and she broke it off? Everything spiraled.

KCR was getting the gears on the Missing FB page and her mother said he was cooperating and helpful to police. Maybe he checks out.

Don't forget that the only indication that KRC was 'wanting' JRN to have 50/50, was in him telling someone that. People are known to lie (no, really?!). He may want it to appear that he was all for it, when actually he wasn't at all. I'm not sure what KRC's family situation is.. I don't see any indication of his parents? He seems quite young from his photo.. surely he would have parental support/grandparental support for his child. Some parents tend to get heavily involved in the child disputes when their young adult child is undergoing marital/relationship problems, sometimes even forging the relationship from bad to worse. Who knows? I think it is weird that I don't see any indication of his parents, nor their support in 'where is JRN?'.. someone please lead me in the right path if I'm missing something. Even the first ex has a mom who seems genuinely concerned about JRN (even if the ex himself isn't concerned).

Yes that's true. The roomie though, it was probably a great arrangement for him too though, he'd be getting income from renting out half of his place to her. If I was the roomie and I had done something to JRN, I wouldn't be saying how weird it was for her to not be home and such, I'd be alluding to the fact that she was prone to staying out, who knows where, potentially involved with the dark side.. just to cover his butt? For all we know, the roomie could be the one in the police letter they're referring to about lying? Who knows?

Don't forget that the only indication that KRC was 'wanting' JRN to have 50/50, was in him telling someone that. People are known to lie (no, really?!). He may want it to appear that he was all for it, when actually he wasn't at all. I'm not sure what KRC's family situation is.. I don't see any indication of his parents? He seems quite young from his photo.. surely he would have parental support/grandparental support for his child. Some parents tend to get heavily involved in the child disputes when their young adult child is undergoing marital/relationship problems, sometimes even forging the relationship from bad to worse. Who knows? I think it is weird that I don't see any indication of his parents, nor their support in 'where is JRN?'.. someone please lead me in the right path if I'm missing something. Even the first ex has a mom who seems genuinely concerned about JRN (even if the ex himself isn't concerned).

He told me that and with the new information it's very possible it's a cover story. Also he is 30 so not sure where the parents are. He was heavily involved initially in the reports and the missing persons page but have noticed he's gone quiet.

IRT the roomie, JRN's mom had posted this back on March 30th on the official 'Missing' page (BBM):

RTS
March 30 at 12:25pm · Quesnel

I am wondering if there is someone out there that could help out with Jessica's dog. This is a big dog, husky/wolf and needs some love and attention until Jess comes home. We are not giving Jess's dog away, she loves this dog and would be devastated if we did that. Her roommate has him at the moment and works all the time so the dog is lonely. Please personal message me if you have any ideas or would like to foster this big dog. Thanks

I had a look back and couldn't see *any* posts from him on the Missing page? Did there used to be some posts from him on there?

He told me that and with the new information it's very possible it's a cover story. Also he is 30 so not sure where the parents are. He was heavily involved initially in the reports and the missing persons page but have noticed he's gone quiet.

How tacky of you to reply to yourself, but after reading that statement again, it struck me odd that they make this public chest thump, and then qualify it by saying she may have dropped out of sight... which in itself, is an interesting choice of words.

Doesn't that kind of take the steam out of the whole "letter ploy"? Are they qualifying because they don't want to look like complete buffoons if she steps forward suddenly?

Thoughts ... Is the message perhaps directed to JRN herself? "escape responsibility"... Hmmm. I don't think CPS would qualify anything to avoid looking like buffoons. If JRN were to step forward, they aren't going to look foolish for having written it IMO. Not at all.

SO, rather than releasing a statement, CPS sends a letter to Mom, hinting (requesting actually) that they'd like it to be shared. I would think this indicates that they know that a key person or people are watching social media (FB missing page). Specifically, an FB page that is not linked to CPS or APR. They could have just given her a call, but you cannot publicly share a call. The letter was 100% written for posting publicly. They couldn't say "here's a letter, we're doing something here so post on FB please" (although I guess that's what CPS did, didn't they?). MOO and all that.

The wording indicates that CPS sees only two possibilities: One possibility is this, the other possibility is that. The letter didn't say: one possibility is this, ANOTHER possibility is that (which would allow for further possibilities not mentioned).

Major Crimes took over the case March 31; yet the letter states that Major Crimes has collected information since JRN went missing (March 10). Would Major Crimes have been collecting information on a case they were not assigned to?

The public plea for AP to come forward or be identified happened well after the 31st, so information from/about AP did not seemingly play into the move from Missing Persons to Major Crimes. Although not necessarily.

The picture of AP. We've agreed it was taken from the front passenger seat. A gentleman sits in the back to allow a lady to sit in the front. Could it be that the picture was located from cloud backups from JRN's own phone? The amount of time from Mar 10 to the release of the picture could be how long it took to be certain something was really up with JRN, get access to JRN's online backups, check with family and friends and determine that AP was not otherwise locatable.
Could it be then that the pic was taken that very day, or close to? Its a daylight picture so would not be from after her shift, although pics can be manipulated. The pic seems to show rain or very wet snow. What was the weather on March 10 and the days leading up to then?

IMO a key here is that AP turned in something to police and CPS has this picture of AP taken in a car by someone; very likely taken with a phone. How is it that CPS had the pic? Plenty of options however that pic did not appear to be freely found online based on Google searching the image. CPS was given or retrieved the picture. How? By who or what means? At what point?

Did AP find JRN's ID or wallet? His comments online say ID, but I see mention of wallet. 'ID' can mean a lot of things: drivers licence, library card, SIN card, etc. 'Wallet' would potentially mean everything, and depending on the timing of when AP found it, could feed into the non-use of a bank card (footprints of life). If it was a month before she went missing it would mean she had likely replaced it already; if it was a month before the public pleas for AP to come forward, it may mean she had not done so. Can't replace a bank card if you are already "gone".

The more I ponder, the more I need to ponder.

Thoughts ... Is the message perhaps directed to JRN herself? "escape responsibility"... Hmmm. I don't think CPS would qualify anything to avoid looking like buffoons. If JRN were to step forward, they aren't going to look foolish for having written it IMO. Not at all.

SO, rather than releasing a statement, CPS sends a letter to Mom, hinting (requesting actually) that they'd like it to be shared. I would think this indicates that they know that a key person or people are watching social media (FB missing page). Specifically, an FB page that is not linked to CPS or APR. They could have just given her a call, but you cannot publicly share a call. The letter was 100% written for posting publicly. They couldn't say "here's a letter, we're doing something here so post on FB please" (although I guess that's what CPS did, didn't they?). MOO and all that.

The wording indicates that CPS sees only two possibilities: One possibility is this, the other possibility is that. The letter didn't say: one possibility is this, ANOTHER possibility is that (which would allow for further possibilities not mentioned).

Major Crimes took over the case March 31; yet the letter states that Major Crimes has collected information since JRN went missing (March 10). Would Major Crimes have been collecting information on a case they were not assigned to?

The public plea for AP to come forward or be identified happened well after the 31st, so information from/about AP did not seemingly play into the move from Missing Persons to Major Crimes. Although not necessarily.

The picture of AP. We've agreed it was taken from the front passenger seat. A gentleman sits in the back to allow a lady to sit in the front. Could it be that the picture was located from cloud backups from JRN's own phone? The amount of time from Mar 10 to the release of the picture could be how long it took to be certain something was really up with JRN, get access to JRN's online backups, check with family and friends and determine that AP was not otherwise locatable.
Could it be then that the pic was taken that very day, or close to? Its a daylight picture so would not be from after her shift, although pics can be manipulated. The pic seems to show rain or very wet snow. What was the weather on March 10 and the days leading up to then?

IMO a key here is that AP turned in something to police and CPS has this picture of AP taken in a car by someone; very likely taken with a phone. How is it that CPS had the pic? Plenty of options however that pic did not appear to be freely found online based on Google searching the image. CPS was given or retrieved the picture. How? By who or what means? At what point?

Did AP find JRN's ID or wallet? His comments online say ID, but I see mention of wallet. 'ID' can mean a lot of things: drivers licence, library card, SIN card, etc. 'Wallet' would potentially mean everything, and depending on the timing of when AP found it, could feed into the non-use of a bank card (footprints of life). If it was a month before she went missing it would mean she had likely replaced it already; if it was a month before the public pleas for AP to come forward, it may mean she had not done so. Can't replace a bank card if you are already "gone".

The more I ponder, the more I need to ponder.
I think they run the risk of egg on the face.

This is rather ham handed, and can be interpreted as an attempt at intimidation. It's not really anything different from what they might do behind the scenes, but to put it in writing, and for all to see... if two years from now she isn't found, it will seem a bit snicker worthy, especially for anyone directly involved.

Since it came on so strong and really played with the wording to imply some sort of foul play, but confirmed nothing, it is going to be interpreted by most people that LE thinks something bad happened to her... like it already has been by the majority of readers... MSM included. If she suddenly comes forward, how does that look for their Major Crimes Unit to think something bad has happened, and be 100% wrong?

It almost feels like one of those "it was a good idea at the time" things. If the "maybe she dropped out of sight" qualifier came after the release of the letter, I suspect someone had some sober second thought.

The release of the letter, timed with the release of the information relating to the ex dropping her off, does seem like a coordinated attempt at reaching someone close to the ex... perhaps someone who sympathizes with the ex because of whatever story they have heard about JRN.

Two sides to every story? Is that an attempt to persuade a potential witness that they may not have been told the truth?

To me, the search for AP is more of a case building exercise. If he overheard a threat to harm or kill during this alleged interrupted fight, that would be very useful testimony come trial... it could prove some premeditation.

... and if you think I'm flip flopping... I'm not. I'm just looking at it from all angles and putting it out there for discussion.

... and if you think I'm flip flopping... I'm not. I'm just looking at it from all angles and putting it out there for discussion.

What you say all makes sense to me. I like the "all angles" view and discussion, and I share the approach.

I'm not sure if this article has been posted yet, but it has interesting wording (BBM):

City police have released an open letter directed at those who may have abducted a Calgary woman missing since early March.
...... who was last seen at 9:30 p.m. being dropped off at her Forest Lawn residence.
.... who added there are fears Newman might be dead.
Herbert said it’s hoped the communication will job a vital memory once deemed trivial or supply a reality check to a perpetrator.
http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/04/1...ned-by-police-jessicas-case-is-not-going-away

So from that, it seems that it wasn't stated by the person dropping her off that she was dropped off there, but that she was 'seen' being dropped off there?

The open letter is 'directed at those who may have abducted her?

To me that is ominous that police fear she might be dead.

I wonder if, to shake the tree, they're sharing their fears of her being dead so that in the event someone knows she's *not* dead, but that instead she is in hiding for whatever reason, on her own accord, it will get the seriousness across? I don't really think that is the case, personally. MOO

I'm not sure if this article has been posted yet, but it has interesting wording (BBM):

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/04/1...ned-by-police-jessicas-case-is-not-going-away

So from that, it seems that it wasn't stated by the person dropping her off that she was dropped off there, but that she was 'seen' being dropped off there?

The open letter is 'directed at those who may have abducted her?

To me that is ominous that police fear she might be dead.

I wonder if, to shake the tree, they're sharing their fears of her being dead so that in the event someone knows she's *not* dead, but that instead she is in hiding for whatever reason, on her own accord, it will get the seriousness across? I don't really think that is the case, personally. MOO
The article is unfortunately worded.

I question the idea of a threatening letter. How many times can LE do that? "We're coming to get you" is going to get very old, very quickly.

... and what about other victim families that will now expect LE to write a threatening letter on their loved one's behalf.

This seems half baked, so I find it hard to believe this is how they would go about catching a real criminal. It's what leans me toward the opposite theory...

The article is unfortunately worded.

I question the idea of a threatening letter. How many times can LE do that? "We're coming to get you" is going to get very old, very quickly.

... and what about other victim families that will now expect LE to write a threatening letter on their loved one's behalf.

This seems half baked, so I find it hard to believe this is how they would go about catching a real criminal. It's what leans me toward the opposite theory...
Major Crimes has some of the best Detectives in the CPS. I have never known them to do anything "half baked" or without purpose. I suspect that whatever the intention was behind the letter, it was done with a great deal of forethought and calculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts