Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever the nemesis... that statement was made before they spoke to AP.
Are you suggesting that they have shifted focus since speaking with him? You are right... They have. They handed over the case to Major Crimes and issued a very unusual statement that "the case is not going away." Although I doubt that is what you meant.

Hey folks ... discussing moderation (which includes deleted posts) is against the rules. If posts were deleted, there will be valid reasons. Review TOS and if you still can't understand why a particular post was removed, PM a Mod or Admin for help.

When did it transfer over to major crimes, can anyone find that date?

Are you suggesting that they have shifted focus since speaking with him? You are right... They have. They handed over the case to Major Crimes and issued a very unusual statement that "the case is not going away." Although I doubt that is what you meant.

When did it transfer over to major crimes, can anyone find that date?
Unfortunately there is no date published in MSM. I only have inside info to go on, which if course is considered rumour so it cannot be posted. ;)

ETA: Correction - It is in the letter as March 31st so it can be mentioned.

Unfortunately there is no date published in MSM. I only have inside info to go on, which if course is considered rumour so it cannot be posted. ;)

Hey there speedy writer person; can you break down the letter to Rhonda into little slivers as if dissected (I guess that would be dissecting,, d'oh). anyhoo,, there are pieces of the letter that are less than vague and very pointed imo. there are some sentences that are interesting, and I'm not talking police lingo-form-letter, as you mentioned,, it has an ominous tone.

what was the misleading info? and whom provided it?

Hey there speedy writer person; can you break down the letter to Rhonda into little slivers as if dissected (I guess that would be dissecting,, d'oh). anyhoo,, there are pieces of the letter that are less than vague and very pointed imo. there are some sentences that are interesting, and I'm not talking police lingo-form-letter, as you mentioned,, it has an ominous tone.

what was the misleading info? and whom provided it?

I had to retype the portions of the letter that I thought I could add my opinion as to the meaning, so please excuse any errors.

e889cf04ce75f5e56a7645601de4960b.jpg

First three paragraphs are pretty standard, non-remarkable sentences, as is the last one. Here are the portions that I find relevant:

The investigation into the disappearance of Jessica Rae Newman was taken over by the Major Crimes Section of the Calgary Police Department on March 31st, 2015. This section has extensive experience dealing with missing person's investigations and our inquiries to date have produced very valuable information.

The Missing Persons Unit is understaffed and swamped. They usually handle cases that are non-suspicious and fairly routine. When a case is handed over to Major Crimes, it is usually because it is more complex and there is evidence that it is criminal in nature. They have more resources and manpower to devote to cases that suggest foul play is involved. They do not handle the one's where Grandma got lost coming home from the Alzheimer clinic. IMHO, I suspect that they have solid evidence that foul play is involved and the people responsible have criminal records.

Since Jessica was reported missing, the Major Crimes Section has gathered a great deal of information about Jessica, her friends, her life, her whereabouts before she vanished and possible reasons for her disappearance.

They have done the leg-work on her background and feel that it is uncharacteristic of her to voluntarily take off. They have also interviewed the usual suspects like family, ex boyfriend's, the roommate and other people that are classic for these types of cases. They have also developed a working theory on why she is missing and who is responsible.

If you are a person reading this that is involved, or has knowledge of Jessica's whereabouts, I want to personally extend this thought to you; "Jessica's case is not going away." Many people have made the mistake of believing they can mislead Investigators and escape responsibility. My best advice to you is do what is right and contact Police. There are always two sides to every story and our goal is to find out the truth and provide answers to Jessica's family.

IMHO, they are saying - We know who you are, we know you have lied to us, and we are going to catch you. We also know that there are people that know facts about this case that are not directly involved, that are not being truthful or coming forward. There are also people that are worried that they will be unfairly charged, and we assure you that we will keep an open mind and support you.
---

Of course, that is just what *I* think they are saying. Police Officer's have a language all their own, and being around it my whole life helps with the translation. However, they are also a crafty bunch that sometimes use deception and double-talk to trap a suspect, so if that is the case, it would be next to impossible to try and discern what they are actually saying without knowing their plan.

@News.talk I wonder if SB's case is still with missing persons or if it has ever been moved to major crimes.

They have done the leg-work on her background and feel that it is uncharacteristic of her to voluntarily take off. They have also interviewed the usual suspects like family, ex boyfriend's, the roommate and other people that are classic for these types of cases. They have also developed a working theory on why she is missing and who is responsible.

IMHO, they are saying - We know who you are, we know you have lied to us, and we are going to catch you. We also know that there are people that know facts about this case that are not directly involved, that are not being truthful or coming forward. There are also people that are worried that they will be unfairly charged, and we assure you that we will keep an open mind and support you.
---

Of course, that is just what *I* think they are saying. Police Officer's have a language all their own, and being around it my whole life helps with the translation. However, they are also a crafty bunch that sometimes use deception and double-talk to trap a suspect, so if that is the case, it would be next to impossible to try and discern what they are actually saying without knowing their plan.

I agree with you wholeheartedly in your assessment.

the whereabouts of jn gets me too. have you ever worked in a restaurant till closing? man-o-man, your feet are just burning and typically you just crash inside, near the kitchen till your ride or cab comes as you are bagged. was jn waiting for a ride? did she in fact intend to walk home?

the whereabouts of jn gets me too. have you ever worked in a restaurant till closing? man-o-man, your feet are just burning and typically you just crash near the kitchen till your ride or cab comes as you are bagged. was jn waiting for a ride? did she in fact walk home?
The Watergrill is not a busy place, especially on the day shift. I have worked in restaurants, pubs and clubs and I completely agree... My feet HURT and the last thing I would do is walk home.

She was said to have been waiting for a ride... The fauxtographer friend I spoke to was not sure if it was the roommate or ex (yet not ex) boyfriend who was to pick her up. She was last seen outside the restaurant standing still as if waiting for said ride. Did the ride not show so she chose to walk? I'm not sure, but you are right... Would she want to walk when transit is readily available as are taxi's?

who said jn's nickname was "tinkerbell", because there is no reference to this being true or found anywhere?

Police acknowledge the possibility JRN may be deceased. The article also claims she was last seen being dropped off at her Forest Lawn residence. This is definitely new info!
http://m.calgarysun.com/2015/04/17/...ned-by-police-jessicas-case-is-not-going-away
From the Calgary Sun link:

It’s a variation of a tactic used to elicit information, said Sgt. John Hebert of the missing person’s unit, who added there are fears Newman might be dead.
“We’re open to all possibilities, we’re not completely focused on that path but it’s one of the paths,” he said.

The length of the woman’s absence and the abrupt end to her electronic communications is a major concern, said Hebert.

“We call them the footprints of life and those all stopped around March 10,” he said.
---
Exactly as I suspected... The Major Crimes Section is involved because they have evidence that the case is now a homicide.

It is however, surprising that they would openly admit that is the reason they have transferred the case to Major Crimes. I wonder if they are attempting to smoke out the POI that they suspect is responsible?

the whereabouts of jn gets me too. have you ever worked in a restaurant till closing? man-o-man, your feet are just burning and typically you just crash inside, near the kitchen till your ride or cab comes as you are bagged. was jn waiting for a ride? did she in fact intend to walk home?

She smokes. So maybe she went outside to have one.

who said jn's nickname was "tinkerbell", because there is no reference to this being true or found anywhere?

The photographer friend called her Tinkerbell. I believe it was in one of her FB posts.

we'd always stand or grab a chair near the big vents over the stove/fryer to have a smoke.

I wonder who dropped her off at home if the article is correct?

I find the fact that the Sun article claims she was last seen being dropped off at home as opposed to at work rather interesting. Seems to go against everything we've heard so far. New info from someone?

I find the fact that the Sun article claims she was last seen being dropped off at home as opposed to at work rather interesting. Seems to go against everything we've heard so far. New info from someone?
Odd. If that is the case, and the "friend" that states that it was either the roommate or the ex that was pick her up, it actually eliminates the roommate. Interesting.

Did I not read that major crimes took over March 31st? They are probably the ones that got the info on AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cngmac