Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how often CPS issues these types of letters. I am guessing LE knows exactly what is going on.

Interesting the timing of this letter.. how many days after speaking with AP?

The letterhead is interesting as well. No address and just the officer's signature.

The letterhead is interesting as well. No address and just the officer's signature.

I believe it's cropped to remove RS's address. If this isn't a "we know who you are and that your involved" letter, I don't know what is.

Yes I thought that was odd too, if the officer wants Rhonda to share it, then why remove your identity?

I am wondering why it was sent to her mom or if the purpose was to post it on the fb pg for someone on there to see?
I believe it's cropped to remove RS's address. If this isn't a "we know who you are and that your involved" letter, I don't know what is.

Yes, I am sure they would keep her info. private. I am referring more to the salutation of the officer and the CPS letterhead which would include the division and address for CPS.

Yes, I am sure they would keep her info. private. I am referring more to the salutation of the officer and the CPS letterhead which would include the division and address for CPS.

I meant it's possible RS cropped it to take her info out and did that at the same time not worrying about it.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/13...nvestigating-disappearance-of-jessica-newman/

"While most of the letter is directed at Stewart, one of the last paragraphs appears to address anyone who has knowledge about Jessica’s whereabouts directly.

“If you are a person reading this who is involved or has knowledge of Jessica’s whereabouts, I want to personally extend this thought to you: “Jessica’s case is not going away,” the letter reads.

“Many people have made the mistake of thinking that they can mislead investigators and escape responsibility. My best advice to you is to do what is right and contact police.”

“There are always two sides to any story and our goal is to find out the truth and provide answers to Jessica’s family.”"

I meant it's possible RS cropped it to take her info out and did that at the same time not worrying about it.

I don't think she did. RS tried to download it from the file she was sent and couldn't post it properly on FB so someone else posted it for her. I doubt she or anyone on the receiving end cropped it.

IMHO, the letter was formatted for the purpose of sharing with the public. They mindfully did not include the Detective's name. The timing was clearly aimed at AP amd possibly other individuals that have impeded their investigation.

Also IMHO, if the Major Case Unit has taken over, they are looking at a possible homicide. I suspect they know exactly who is responsible, and wants them to either come forward or slip up.

IMHO, the letter was formatted for the purpose of sharing with the public. They mindfully did not include the Detective's name. The timing was clearly aimed at AP amd possibly other individuals that have impeded their investigation.

Also IMHO, if the Major Case Unit has taken over, they are looking at a possible homicide. I suspect they know exactly who is responsible, and wants them to either come forward or slip up.

I agree the letter was set up to be posted publicly. Which IMO is a very good sign. The detective is referenced in the Metro article.

"In a letter sent to 24-year-old’s mother Rhonda Stewart from the Det. Dave Sweet on Thursday, it explained detectives from the major crimes unit “have gathered a great deal of information,” about Jessica, her life and possible reasons for her disappearance."
http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/13...nvestigating-disappearance-of-jessica-newman/

I agree the letter was set up to be posted publicly. Which IMO is a very good sign. The detective is referenced in the Metro article.

"In a letter sent to 24-year-old’s mother Rhonda Stewart from the Det. Dave Sweet on Thursday, it explained detectives from the major crimes unit “have gathered a great deal of information,” about Jessica, her life and possible reasons for her disappearance."
It is also helpful for sleuthers to be able to see what type of information families are given and the communication efforts our LE make with respect to sharing details of the investigation. Like suspected, they don't share the type of investigation they are currently undertaking or their suspicions.

It is also helpful for sleuthers to be able to see what type of information families are given and the communication efforts our LE make with respect to sharing details of the investigation. Like suspected, they don't share the type of investigation they are currently undertaking or their suspicions.
We keep complaining we want more... I have never seen this sort of thing before. Perhaps this is a test run for future calculated, more personal releases?

We keep complaining we want more... I have never seen this sort of thing before. Perhaps this is a test run for future calculated, more personal releases?
I agree. I like the approach they took with this case. Very proactive. Usually, the CPS are VERY guarded. I imagine they are frustrated with the lack of help on these matters.

I agree. I like the approach they took with this case. Very proactive. Usually, the CPS are VERY guarded. I imagine they are frustrated with the lack of help on these matters.
Well... technically they are still very guarded. There wasn't much info in there... lots of manly fluff. Since the online arm twisting and outrage *seemed* to get AP moving, I suspect LE is trying it out again.

Well... technically they are still very guarded. There wasn't much info in there... lots of manly fluff. Since the online arm twisting and outrage *seemed* to get AP moving, I suspect LE is trying it out again.
I just mean that they are saying *anything* that they know will be made public. The implied threat of authority was quite ominous.

I'm surprised they released it that way instead of just issuing a statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bumped41075