Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boing! Bounced right off the ego again.

To get back to what you were saying earlier... are there any stores near her residence to walk to at 9:30pm?
Dozens. Very commercial area. She also could have gone to get something to eat, as there are many take-out places, and since she was a server, she would likely use cash before a bank card. Given the fact that no one else has come forward to say they were with her, she was likely alone. The possibilities of where she could have gone are endless.

The other unknown, is there any chance she could have been taken by a neighbour in the building? Very sketchy area with tons of crime and even more low-lifes.

A few comments back ....... Tied to NT's hunch none of the usual suspects. Not the ex, not the roomie. Likely someone she didn't even know. No evidence whatsoever so nothing to work with. Not for LE or us. Therefore, instinct must prevail. IMO poor lovely girl is deceased.
... but in the pseudo press release, LE hints that they know someone is trying to mislead them, and have discovered possible reasons for her disappearance.

That sounds like they suspect someone they've already spoken to.

... but in the pseudo press release, LE hints that they know someone is trying to mislead them, and have discovered possible reasons for her disappearance.

That sounds like they suspect someone they've already spoken to.
The problem we have though, is the number of people they have likely spoken with, far outweigh the possibilities we have been able to ascertain. From staff at work, neighbours and friends, to people they directed them to speak with. I suspect there is a key piece to this puzzle that we are not privy to.

I doubt if she would have gone to get something to eat... money was probably tight, and she probably would have been able to eat at her place of work for free, or close to free.. plus she's so tiny, does she eat? (j/k)

Dozens. Very commercial area. She also could have gone to get something to eat, as there are many take-out places, and since she was a server, she would likely use cash before a bank card. Given the fact that no one else has come forward to say they were with her, she was likely alone. The possibilities of where she could have gone are endless.

The other unknown, is there any chance she could have been taken by a neighbour in the building? Very sketchy area with tons of crime and even more low-lifes.

I doubt if she would have gone to get something to eat... money was probably tight, and she probably would have been able to eat at her place of work for free, or close to free.. plus she's so tiny, does she eat? (j/k)
You never know. I never ate at the restaurants I worked at. You get sick of the food pretty quick. She is tiny though.

The problem we have though, is the number of people they have likely spoken with, far outweigh the possibilities we have been able to ascertain. From staff at work, neighbours and friends, to people they directed them to speak with. I suspect there is a key piece to this puzzle that we are not privy to.
It's Marketing 101 though. The "tough talk" isn't targeting any hardened criminal. So Major Crimes are involved... if there is an experienced perp involved, they'll already know that and shrug their shoulders. They will also already understand that the case isn't going away.

This really reads like it's trying to intimidate inexperienced kids. Actually, it reads like someone had an idea to "involve" Major Crimes and cleverly leak that out. That then freaks everyone out so someone rats out her location. After the lawyers and whatever filters the original letter was put through, it came out sounding contrived, hollow, and high schoolish.

I suspect the date, March 31, when Major Crimes "took over" is a date that is significant to the target... like that's the date they were interviewed by LE to make it appear *that's* what made them call in the serious unit.

The recent language used by everyone always seems to qualify or hint at no foul play while trying to appear stern. Although I'm certain everyone is concerned, the tone is off... no one is angry that LE outed someone as misleading.

"Anyone who may have spoken with NEWMAN before she went missing, or who may have information about her current whereabouts, is asked to call police at 403-266-1234, or Crime Stoppers anonymously using any of the following methods:"

Even crimestoppers hasn't been updated to reflect any sort of seriousness.

http://www.calgarycrimestoppers.org/unsolved-crimes

I predict a number of strategic assaults are going to take place to find Jessica. just a hunch.

It was stated in one of the posted news articles that she was dropped off but never went in.

Been reading this thread but haven't posted, been trying to wean off sleuthing! This case is interesting though... If she was dropped off and didn't go in maybe there was afriend or someone she knew waiting outside and they started chatting or something like that.

I don't know if Jessica was a drinker, but back in the day it used to be fairly common for a waitress to have a drink or two after a shift while counting money/tips and to unwind after a crazy shift (the places I used to work at anyways).

If she was feeling good, got dropped at home but didn't want to go home *just yet*, it's possible she ran into someone from the neighborhood and maybe they invited her over for a drink?

News.talk said it's a commercial neighborhood, any neighborhood pubs near by? Maybe she got dropped off at home, then decided to head to a pub for one more drink before going home for the night. Sometimes when people are awake from work and buzzed, it's hard to go home for the night and shut off. Just thoughts from a former waitress!

ETA- this scenario maybe not likely if she had court the next day. Or maybe if she was would up from work and court the next day, she might have wanted to unwind, but still maybe doubtful.

I don't know if Jessica was a drinker, but back in the day it used to be fairly common for a waitress to have a drink or two after a shift while counting money/tips and to unwind after a crazy shift (the places I used to work at anyways).

If she was feeling good, got dropped at home but didn't want to go home *just yet*, it's possible she ran into someone from the neighborhood and maybe they invited her over for a drink?

News.talk said it's a commercial neighborhood, any neighborhood pubs near by? Maybe she got dropped off at home, then decided to head to a pub for one more drink before going home for the night. Sometimes when people are awake from work and buzzed, it's hard to go home for the night and shut off. Just thoughts from a former waitress!
... but with a custody hearing the next morning...

This also wasn't her regular shift, so no one would really pre-know her arrival time home.

Just one more strange Calgary case. Does anyone following other threads see this in other cities?

... but with a custody hearing the next morning...

This also wasn't her regular shift, so no one would really pre-know her arrival time home.

Just one more strange Calgary case. Does anyone following other threads see this in other cities?

I thought of that after, forgot about court the next morning and did an ETA to my post.

So, what are the odds that the *one time* she changes her shift she goes missing? That's crazy odds if you ask me... Has the staff at the restaurant been fully interviewed by LE and does anyone working there have a criminal record? I've seen a few creeps at restaurants I've worked at in the past, that goes both ways - staff and customers of course.

ETA- this scenario maybe not likely if she had court the next day. Or maybe if she was would up from work and court the next day, she might have wanted to unwind, but still maybe doubtful.

17th ave which is the street her work is on is like the main strip. The whole road from Elliston Park to just before deer foot is strip malls, businesses, fast food, restaurants, bars, grocery stores etc. So very busy and lots to do. There are also quite a few 7-11's in the area as well. Tim Hortons as well as McDonalds and the convenience stores are open 24 hours. But Forest Lawn is also known as the hood. There is a lot of drug use right out in the open in the area. You can walk down the street and if your watching can see drug deals happening around you or someone stumbling around completely out of it. There has also been quite a few pedestrians killed over the years on that road because of someone being completely out of it and stepping off the curb in front of a vehicle. 19th ave which is 2 blocks south is known for prostitution. The prostitutes walk up and down that road. I know this information because I live near the area and grew up in a home on 19th ave.

Police have released another photo of someone wanted for questioning in a recent suspicious death investigation.
http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime...onnection-with-suspicious-death-investigation
"— Police released a photo of a woman, the say is 20-years-old, who they say may have information about the case.

The victim was identified by police as Rodney Conway, 44, of Calgary. An autopsy has been scheduled for early this week to determine the cause of death."

--
Rodney Conway was wanted on an outstanding warrant. Failure to Comply from Jan.2015.
Calgarys Wanted - Calgary Crime Stoppers
www.calgarycrimestoppers.org/wanted
FULLNAME: CONWAY, Rodney. AGE: 44. DESCRIPTION: Male, Caucasian, 6'2” ” tall, 195 lbs., blue eyes, Grey hair. WANTED: Fail to comply. WARRANT IN ...

Police have released another photo of someone wanted for questioning in a recent suspicious death investigation.
http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime...onnection-with-suspicious-death-investigation
"— Police released a photo of a woman, the say is 20-years-old, who they say may have information about the case.

The victim was identified by police as Rodney Conway, 44, of Calgary. An autopsy has been scheduled for early this week to determine the cause of death."

--
Rodney Conway was wanted on an outstanding warrant. Failure to Comply from Jan.2015.
Calgarys Wanted - Calgary Crime Stoppers
www.calgarycrimestoppers.org/wanted
FULLNAME: CONWAY, Rodney. AGE: 44. DESCRIPTION: Male, Caucasian, 6'2” ” tall, 195 lbs., blue eyes, Grey hair. WANTED: Fail to comply. WARRANT IN ...
I did not see her photo...did I miss something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member