GUILTY Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So the family has moved since then.....:thinking:

Can't remember if this was discussed, did KCR and family have their place for sale before JRN went missing? If KCR is a POI, could his home have been a crime scene?

Thanks for posting this! When I look around the complex it is a bit unsettling. I would be paranoid at night near the alleys it looks like it could be quiet dark. The parking lots are quiet large. It also appears that it would be easy to drive and park close to each unit.

I agree but if she had to go around the back of the property to get in, then parking right outside the front would still not enable him to see her go in.

Was it you that posted the sexual assaults in that area? My pc seems so slow, it takes me ages to go back through the pages!

If it's only a 2 minute drive from work to her residence,why would she need a drive?

Possibly because it was dark, she was on her own and that area has got a bit of a reputation? According to google directions, it would have been about a ten minute walk.

Possibly because it was dark, she was on her own and that area has got a bit of a reputation? According to google directions, it would have been about a ten minute walk.
I work with girls her age and many of them will walk home in the dark for that distance.When I think back to when I was that age,things like that weren't a big deal.You think you're invincible at that age,but maybe JN was different....

I work with girls her age and many of them will walk home in the dark for that distance.When I think back to when I was that age,things like that weren't a big deal.You think you're invincible at that age,but maybe JN was different....

Say the owner of the restaraunt has a policy that all girls must have a ride home at night and since they were closing early and Jessica could not reach her ride to be picked up early she lied to her boss saying her ride had showed up and she instead left to walk home.

Wonder if there was a plan to chat or go somewhere with the ride before going right home? I live very close to my work place (20 min. walk) and the only time I need a ride is if we have to go do something before going home.

Maybe a talk was planned, maybe some advice before court (depending *who* actually picked her up), maybe to grab some money from the bank or maybe a drink. Maybe they had to go somewhere, just spitting out ideas...

It is a bad area.

http://crimemap.calgarypolice.ca/content/DisclaimerPage.aspx

You can go to this website, and select 'Forest Lawn' as the community, and choose which offences you want to search for and it will bring up the crime stats for the last 6 months. You can see the area between her work and house are peppered with various things from vandalism, to break-ins to sexual assaults, and I saw one attempted murder. Take a look.

I wouldnt be surprised if it was a workplace policy for people to have a ride home.

OI
It is a bad area.

http://crimemap.calgarypolice.ca/content/DisclaimerPage.aspx

You can go to this website, and select 'Forest Lawn' as the community, and choose which offences you want to search for and it will bring up the crime stats for the last 6 months. You can see the area between her work and house are peppered with various things from vandalism, to break-ins to sexual assaults, and I saw one attempted murder. Take a look.

I wouldnt be surprised if it was a workplace policy for people to have a ride home.
That is quite possible.Do we know who the owner of the bar is? He must be quite responsible,if this is the case..

OI
That is quite possible.Do we know who the owner of the bar is? He must be quite responsible,if this is the case..

Link to article about the boss http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/05/1...r-was-last-person-to-see-jessica-newman-alive

News report from the Watergrill with Jessica's mum. Fleeting glimpse of boss sat with her at table. I must be going mad because I could swear that the first time I watched this report the boss actually spoke a few sentences!

http://globalnews.ca/video/1997334/...n-jessica-newman-case-as-mother-plans-funeral

The boss strikes me as being a very kind man. Sad as to the events, and genuinely concerned.

I don't think an employer can mandate what an employee does in their time outside of paid work hours. Some places may have an internal policy in effect where an employee cannot work alone, etc., but once the work clock ends, the employer wouldn't be able to demand anything, nor enforce anything, and even if the employer did do such a thing (which I'm certain his insurer would flip out about, if they knew he had implemented such a policy), I believe it would open him up to potential huge liability issues that he wouldn't want to take on for himself or his insurer. MOO

Say the owner of the restaraunt has a policy that all girls must have a ride home at night and since they were closing early and Jessica could not reach her ride to be picked up early she lied to her boss saying her ride had showed up and she instead left to walk home.

I still think that inconveniencing someone to pick me up ,an hour early,for the sake of a ten minute walk,doesn't make sense.I tend to think they had planned something after work,be it a talk,drink,etc.......

That completely makes sense.. but how do we know the address of where JRN was living?

I still think that inconveniencing someone to pick me up ,an hour early,for the sake of a ten minute walk,doesn't make sense.I tend to think they had planned something after work,be it a talk,drink,etc.......

I don't think an employer can mandate what an employee does in their time outside of paid work hours. Some places may have an internal policy in effect where an employee cannot work alone, etc., but once the work clock ends, the employer wouldn't be able to demand anything, nor enforce anything, and even if the employer did do such a thing (which I'm certain his insurer would flip out about, if they knew he had implemented such a policy), I believe it would open him up to potential huge liability issues that he wouldn't want to take on for himself or his insurer. MOO

I wouldn't consider it to be a formal policy. I think of it as more of a courtesy concern. If they were like family there has to be a reason behind it.

Example: Her boss who considered Jessica family did not like the girls walking home at night from the restaraunt. He would always ensure that the girls had a ride. Jessica wanted to get going after being let off early and so he wouln't worry she told him her ride had arrived and left. It is possible her ride never came.

She also got a drive to work from room mate.
Only a two minute drive? Yikes. How bad can Forest Lawn really be??

We don't know the address where Jessica was living. We do know that she lives in that complex as it was on the initial news report.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back