GUILTY Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The recent news from CPS regarding stolen notebooks that went missing along with the stolen gun (gun now recovered) from an off-duty officer's vehicle is just bizarre.

The theft is said to have been April 4th. These notebooks contain names of an estimated 400 people. I wonder if it is from one case or various shifts of the one officer. What kind of info do the notebooks contain besides names and addresses? Are other incriminating details from investigations logged in these books?

It is very unsettling to know that a criminal has access to such information, not only because of privacy concerns and potential identity theft but the big one for me that has not been mentioned is that this info could be passed on to the wrong people. If my name was in one of those books and I witnessed an offence or I was a small scale drug dealer who named others I was involved with that could seriously jeopardize ones safety. Is that breech possible in this case? Imagine if all the names involved in Jessica's case were listed in these notebooks? Do these notebooks only contain information similar to a phone directory or is there much more information that could jeopardize ones safety?

https://www.facebook.com/CalgaryPolice/posts/10153279852019530

There seem to be tons of shady characters connected to this case, even though to me I still veer a bit towards this being tied to family association/someone involved with her 3rd child's life possibly and that court date. I'm trying to think if a woman would be involved in this plot. Does the ex she was going to court with have a girlfriend or wife?

There seem to be tons of shady characters connected to this case, even though to me I still veer a bit towards this being tied to family association/someone involved with her 3rd child's life possibly and that court date. I'm trying to think if a woman would be involved in this plot. Does the ex she was going to court with have a girlfriend or wife?

I was under the impression that the ex and JRN were involved romantically.

I was under the impression that the ex and JRN were involved romantically.

I thought that's what I read on here, but I wasn't totally sure. Do we know if there was anyone else involved at the same time? Like a triangle? Just trying to think of everything here!

I thought that's what I read on here, but I wasn't totally sure. Do we know if there was anyone else involved at the same time? Like a triangle? Just trying to think of everything here!
I have not heard of any on MSM but that does not mean it isn't possible.

ETA: I am not sure where it was confirmed that they were still together ?

I have not heard of any on MSM but that does not mean it isn't possible.

ETA: I am not sure where it was confirmed that they were still together ?

Thanks sheshe, you're right, nothing mentioned in MSM yet. Will wait to see upcoming articles. Still waiting to hear COD as well, this might give some hints as well as to the type of killer this was.

Another scenario could be that JRN was involved with two men and the other man (not her ex) found out he was not the only one and had a jealous rage.

I would suspect given what information was included in the letter, and given we now know she met with foul play, LE likely have long known who did it and why, but just need the evidence to prove it.

They hinted they had background, motive, and knew they were being lied to... chances are one or more people know the details and fed LE some of them. If someone not directly involved knows details, then that likely means friends, group, gang or for hire.

Another scenario could be that JRN was involved with two men and the other man (not her ex) found out he was not the only one and had a jealous rage.

Yes true! Another angle…oh my there's quite a few scenarios that could've happened isn't there? Not to dwell on the COD thing, but I'm curious if a sexual assault happened or not as well. Also wonder if crime was committed by one assailant or a group (2 or 3).

With the restaurant owner saying she left the building when her ride showed up, and the vague, ever changing details of when she was last seen, the ride and the driver are probably key.

I would suspect given what information was included in the letter, and given we now know she met with foul play, LE likely have long known who did it and why, but just need the evidence to prove it.

They hinted they had background, motive, and knew they were being lied to... chances are one or more people know the details and fed LE some of them. If someone not directly involved knows details, then that likely means friends, group, gang or for hire.

The interesting thing is, even when we look at that letter and what you say - there are 3 or more motives that could be possibilities:

1. Jealousy from a lover (hers or exes)/jealousy from other girls (maybe some girls ganged up on her about something)
2. Money/debt revenge from gang (maybe revenge isn't the right word)
3. Loss of control or that JRN was a nuisance and problem to get rid of (relating to court date/family/children), so a murder for hire

The interesting thing is, even when we look at that letter and what you say - there are 3 or more motives that could be possibilities:

1. Jealousy from a lover (hers or exes)/jealousy from other girls (maybe some girls ganged up on her about something)
2. Money/debt revenge from gang (maybe revenge isn't the right word)
3. Loss of control or that JRN was a nuisance and problem to get rid of (relating to court date/family/children), so a murder for hire

A major part of the letter was appealing to someone to come forward, who may have only one side of the story. It's not so much an appeal to the killer, as much as it is an appeal to someone who knows who the killer is... most likely because like many moronic groups of young friends and wannabe gangsters, they brag. A jealous lover is more a solo act... so is a stalker.

The night before the court date is so very odd... timed for her to miss it or timed to create the impression she panicked and left? It could also have simply been the opportune time.

There is much we don't know. Why was CFS involved, and why didn't any of the parents take her in to get her parenting her children? There are lifestyle issues here...

A major part of the letter was appealing to someone to come forward, who may have only one side of the story. It's not so much an appeal to the killer, as much as it is an appeal to someone who knows who the killer is... most likely because like many moronic groups of young friends and wannabe gangsters, they brag. A jealous lover is more a solo act... so is a stalker.

The night before the court date is so very odd... timed for her to miss it or timed to create the impression she panicked and left? It could also have simply been the opportune time.

There is much we don't know. Why was CFS involved, and why didn't any of the parents take her in to get her parenting her children? There are lifestyle issues here...
I am a mother of a beautiful daughter as well and I made sure birth control was discussed and used even though she was not having sex at the time(which is what I choose to believe lol). I am not being judgmental as I was a young teen mom as well. I think JRN must have been very sad inside not being with her children all the time. I cannot imagine how one would prepare themselves for the situation of not being able to take your baby home.

I am a mother of a beautiful daughter as well and I made sure birth control was discussed and used even though she was not having sex at the time(which is what I choose to believe lol). I am not being judgmental as I was a young teen mom as well. I think JRN must have been very sad inside not being with her children all the time. I cannot imagine how one would prepare themselves for the situation of not being able to take your baby home.
You're assuming good, selfless parenting is instinctual in everyone regardless of circumstance, mental illness, choice and personal makeup...

You're assuming good, selfless parenting is instinctual in everyone regardless of circumstance, mental illness, choice and personal makeup...
I guess you are right...only this once though :). I am sure she loved her babies the best she could and knew how.

Such a good point. I think we all can be guilty of assuming others should be/are wired the same way we are. When I was younger, and thought I was some girl-genius, I had very little patience for people who I thought were being dumb...when really, we all operate on different levels of intellect, understanding and compassion.

A major part of the letter was appealing to someone to come forward, who may have only one side of the story. It's not so much an appeal to the killer, as much as it is an appeal to someone who knows who the killer is... most likely because like many moronic groups of young friends and wannabe gangsters, they brag.

The world of single moms and gangster boys is kind of sad to me. Does anyone remember the short video clip of Jessica and another girl dancing in someone's kitchen in their girlishly cute/sexy way, and the group of young guys macho comments in the background? That summed it up for me. Sadly, young women in these circles are only valued if they are subservient and immature and motherhood often takes a back seat.

The world of single moms and gangster boys is kind of sad to me. Does anyone remember the short video clip of Jessica and another girl dancing in someone's kitchen in their girlishly cute/sexy way, and the group of young guys macho comments in the background? That summed it up for me. Sadly, young women in these circles are only valued if they are subservient and immature and motherhood often takes a back seat.

I think it all comes down to picking a book, or person by the cover. I could never figure out when I was younger, why all the girls would pick the "bad boys". You know the ones that would use them and dump them as soon as they got what they wanted. While the "nice ones" who wanted nothing more than a chance to prove the love they felt. I guess most people choose that way. I try to look for the inner beauty, That's all that counts in the end.

YES, this is very true and I have seen it in a few of my daughters friends who had children in their teens. Krystine it sounds like you have worked with teen moms before :). The gangster thing is hard to ignore in some of these situations as the kids are always the ones that loose out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back