GUILTY Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd always assumed that there were co workers there, that things were quiet so she'd been allowed to leave early and that they had seen her stood outside waiting for a lift, even if they didn't see her get into a car (because they were serving or whatever) so I found the whole article a bit mind blowing to be honest.

Oops, I posted my other post before scrolling down and reading all posts. So just read your comment about there might've been more than the two of them closing up.

ETA - Actually, now that I think about it, there probably wasn't other co-workers there because then why would he had asked JRN to lock the door behind her?

Oops, I posted my other post before scrolling down and reading all posts. So just read your comment about there might've been more than the two of them closing up.

ETA - Actually, now that I think about it, there probably wasn't other co-workers there because then why would he had asked JRN to lock the door behind her?

Sorry wasn't clear, what I was trying to say was that I was shocked to find out that there was only the two of them there - I had always assumed, big bar, lots of staff. I had assumed that there was more than one witness there that night. The article said there wasn't even customers there at 9pm. I looked on Google and the bar is on a pretty busy road with lots of other eateries long it https://plus.google.com/100169946818110392085/about?gl=uk&hl=en (reviews are a bit harsh!) , I'm hoping that now they have her phone and know who she was talking to that the car she was picked up in will show up on some CCTV from somewhere along that route. The bar has a door on each side of the building and the carpark is pretty big at the back. Surprised they didn't have a camera on the carpark at least.

Sorry wasn't clear, what I was trying to say was that I was shocked to find out that there was only the two of them there - I had always assumed, big bar, lots of staff. I had assumed that there was more than one witness there that night. The article said there wasn't even customers there at 9pm. I looked on Google and the bar is on a pretty busy road with lots of other eateries long it https://plus.google.com/100169946818110392085/about?gl=uk&hl=en (reviews are a bit harsh!) , I'm hoping that now they have her phone and know who she was talking to that the car she was picked up in will show up on some CCTV from somewhere along that route. The bar has a door on each side of the building and the carpark is pretty big at the back. Surprised they didn't have a camera on the carpark at least.
I think since LE released that she was dropped off at home by an ex, it's likely they spoke to that ex, and the ex said they dropped her off at home.

Any footage will probably show that ex picking her up.

Excellent questions. I have also wondered why her parents did not take her in along with the child or children.

And also wondered why Child Family Services would be involved.
Many times, families will take in their daughter and her child and help them raise the child, and CFS is never involved. That arrangement is very common.

I don't think this article from a couple days ago in the Calgary Herald has been linked: http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/body-found-in-ditch-identified.

It contains this very peculiar sentence: "Jessica Rae Newman, 24, was last seen at her workplace on March 10 and was expected to be dropped off at her Forest Lawn home at around 9:30 p.m. by her ex-boyfriend."

You can go to the reporter's twitter feed, she got the info from the LE press conference: "Newman, 24, was last seen being picked up from work, to be dropped off at home in Forest Lawn on March 10 around 9:30 pm."

Original info on LE missing posters was that she was last seen in Forest Lawn.

Excellent questions. I have also wondered why her parents did not take her in along with the child or children.

And also wondered why Child Family Services would be involved.
Many times, families will take in their daughter and her child and help them raise the child, and CFS is never involved. That arrangement is very common.
Perhaps the family offered, and she refused, or was too much of a handful... we may never know. The saint making won't allow for the truth to be known publicly. She was the perfect mother apparently.

One need only watch any afternoon talk show to witness Mothers whose only concern is themselves. The kids are there more for their needs, than they are there for their child's needs. (Say that 5 times fast) The dancing video where she says this had better not end up on YouTube because she has kids... sure it's a joke, but it demonstrates she knows she has some responsibilities...

One thing that has always stuck out is everyone's focus on her looks. Beautiful this, beautiful that... model pictures both young and old...

" “Many people have made the mistake of thinking that they can mislead investigators and escape responsibility,” read the letter sent Thursday to the mother of missing Jessica Newman, who was last seen at 9:30 p.m. being dropped off at her Forest Lawn residence."

http://m.calgarysun.com/2015/04/17/...ned-by-police-jessicas-case-is-not-going-away

Not that MSM hasn't ever taken liberties with information... but it's pretty specific...

Her ex at one point did say that he dropped her off at her home, and CPS also stated that she never entered her home.
Perhaps Jessica had pre-arranged to meet someone outside her town house complex?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1431483047913.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431483047913.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 106
The search area is in interesting proximity to some other well known places...

It is very interesting. Ahmed was stabbed after leaving his business. He was carrying cash and valuables from the shop.

It is also interesting because Jessica could have been carrying a float or cash/tips on her and she was one of the last people to leave her place of work. If they were being watched and she was seen locking the door she could have been seen as an opportunity for cash or for the keys for access to the building.

ETA...

Here is another scenario. Jessica switched shifts with another employee. Jessica typically worked days. Possibly the restaraunt was being watched and possibly the girl who normally works the shift would lock up and leave. That night Jessica was the one to do so. Maybe a group or person had planned to rob the person who closed that night. Possibly the girl who normally closed would have walked home or drove. Jessica is picked up and dropped at home. The person or group follows them. Once she is left at her complex the individual or group jump her, take her, kill her.

Ok, so you and I were thinking along the same lines. Curious since it's a pub/bar, what time the kitchen closed? Sometimes the kitchen closes earlier but the server sticks around, or sometimes the kitchen staff close up the same time the last server is off shift.

Ok, so you and I were thinking along the same lines. Curious since it's a pub/bar, what time the kitchen closed? Sometimes the kitchen closes earlier but the server sticks around, or sometimes the kitchen staff close up the same time the last server is off shift.

My son works in a kitchen in a bar/eatery that seats around 50, a little smaller than where Jessica worked. I asked him how they work closing,there is a line cook, a prep/dishwasher working in the kitchen, staff start cleaning as soon as the last order has left the kitchen, the cook is usually the last one to leave, he does final clean up and runs the dishwasher for the last time. He says the wait staff will have the place ready to close other than the tables that are being used, after cleaning the last tables they cash out and leave. At my sons place of employment there are slow nights where there is only 1 wait staff working, but always 2 in the kitchen until things get slow then 1 is sent home, the bartender is the owners/managers, who if they do get busy out front will step in and help.

When you drop someone off, do you make sure that they enter the building safely or do you just drive off assuming they go in? In my generation I'm over 50 I think that we watch to see that whomever we drop off gets into their place safely, but do young people have that same courtesy

When you drop someone off, do you make sure that they enter the building safely or do you just drive off assuming they go in? In my generation I'm over 50 I think that we watch to see that whomever we drop off gets into their place safely, but do young people have that same courtesy

Skinnycat, you make a good point. When I drop off a female friend, I always, always make sure she is in before I drive away, day or night. But who is to say, with younger people, if they even think of it.

I'm trying to imagine Jessica with no car to make getting around easier, being dropped off at home after 9:30pm on a weeknight, after waitressing for 8? hours, then taking off to go somewhere else. I would imagine she would use the rest of the night to get herself ready for court the next day, doing her nails, etc, choosing what to wear.
Maybe she called a cab? An Uber cab? Do they have those in Calgary? Not likely, but possible... since young people seem to rely more on friends that do have cars ...but not if she didn't want anyone to know who she was going to see.

My son works in a kitchen in a bar/eatery that seats around 50, a little smaller than where Jessica worked. I asked him how they work closing,there is a line cook, a prep/dishwasher working in the kitchen, staff start cleaning as soon as the last order has left the kitchen, the cook is usually the last one to leave, he does final clean up and runs the dishwasher for the last time. He says the wait staff will have the place ready to close other than the tables that are being used, after cleaning the last tables they cash out and leave. At my sons place of employment there are slow nights where there is only 1 wait staff working, but always 2 in the kitchen until things get slow then 1 is sent home, the bartender is the owners/managers, who if they do get busy out front will step in and help.

That's why it seemed odd if JRN might've been the sole staff member that night. Even if the kitchen closed early, kitchen staff cleaned up and left, the a bartender would be there and be the last to lock up. In the past I've also done both roles, being the server and bartender on some shifts. But as others on the thread pointed out, it *seems* she was dropped off at home so I guess I shouldn't be too weary of the pub scenario.

I myself wait for someone to get inside or at least to the door if they're being dropped off. I would think her ride would do the same? But maybe not....

That's why it seemed odd if JRN might've been the sole staff member that night. Even if the kitchen closed early, kitchen staff cleaned up and left, the a bartender would be there and be the last to lock up. In the past I've also done both roles, being the server and bartender on some shifts. But as others on the thread pointed out, it *seems* she was dropped off at home so I guess I shouldn't be too weary of the pub scenario.

I myself wait for someone to get inside or at least to the door if they're being dropped off. I would think her ride would do the same? But maybe not....
I would expect given the neighborhood, and the fact they were closing... they want the door locked regardless of how many people were there.

The watergrill apparently had little business. On a slow night, I can certainly see the owner locking up shop early. And yes, very often some businesses, will have one cook (in this case sounds like the owner) and one waitress.
By checking the reviews on this place, they were not very good.

Jessica went to work at 4:00 pm and due to slow business, was allowed to leave at 9:00. So, she had 5 hours of work.

In addition, Jessica did not work for them full time. She would work there periodically (part time).

I suspect that the owner's family members, would comprise the majority of his employees. This is not uncommon either.

I have walked into a restaurant and found the tables empty with one cook and one waitress. We probably all have experienced the same at one time or other.

And as to locking the door behind her - it makes sense to me since the owner probably did not expect any customers, and since he was working in the back - it made sense to lock the door (cash registers available for thieves)
Just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmileyKazza
Back