GUILTY Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sounds like it was just Jessica and the owner the last night she was seen.

In my opinion who ever murdered Jessica, is someone she knew and trusted

My point about the restaurant and who was left is like I said upthread - more about the locking up part and her having keys.

Almost every business or organization I've worked at locks from the outside (requiring keys to do so) not from the inside, I am surprised she would have keys and an alarm code (probably, most businesses do) after only working there sporadically for a year. I could see this if she was the first server on in the mornings, but again, cooks and administrators (owner/manager/supervisor preparing that days money float for the main till) are almost always there before the daytime/morning server and bartender thus meaning she probably wouldn't need keys to open. Just an observation...

My point about the restaurant and who was left is like I said upthread - more about the locking up part and her having keys.

Almost every business or organization I've worked at locks from the outside (requiring keys to do so) not from the inside, I am surprised she would have keys and an alarm code (probably, most businesses do) after only working there sporadically for a year. I could see this if she was the first server on in the mornings, but again, cooks and administrators (owner/manager/supervisor preparing that days money float for the main till) are almost always there before the daytime/morning server and bartender thus meaning she probably wouldn't need keys to open. Just an observation...

Good point. Sometimes staff will go home with keys if they are going to be the first one in the next morning. But she was due in court.
Anyone work in that part of town, that could swing by and do a quick assessment? Or would that be wrong?

Either way, it seems to have worked, because her body magically appeared and was coincidentally found by a friend.

I thought Her remains were found by a work crew. Are you sure that a friend happened to be working on that work crew?
Quite the coincidence, if so....
I did notice that one of the crew had the same middle name as Jessica.
I thought wow - talk about coincidence!!
How rare is that!! hmmmmm

I can see your point about locking up..... It is an excellent thought.
Is it possible that she left from the side door, as the parking lot was at the side of the building. Funny, I always pictured her leaving by way of the main door, but after watching the video of the restaurant (by a R:E firm), the parking lot is at the side of the bldg.
She did say to the owner - "Here is my ride"

If she left from the side door., perhaps she didn't need a key. She just had to turn the lock and close the door. And the owner may have had other locks from the inside to further secure it, before he left...
Is that a possibility?

Also, their hours are from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. So -- not much of an early breakfast crowd, I would think. I have a feeling the owner would open up, in this case.

I thought Her remains were found by a work crew. Are you sure that a friend happened to be working on that work crew?
Quite the coincidence, if so....
I did notice that one of the crew had the same middle name as Jessica.
I thought wow - talk about coincidence!!
How rare is that!! hmmmmm

Very sure that there was a friend of Jessica's on the work crew, I believe that on the Remembering Jessica facebook page you can confirm this

Thank you skinny cat. Yes, so he did. Another coincidence. Seems to me that Jessica would have wanted it that way.
How tragic all the way around.

It sounds like it was just Jessica and the owner the last night she was seen.

In my opinion who ever murdered Jessica, is someone she knew and trusted
Police did say that they believe that this was a targeted homicide.

I can see your point about locking up..... It is an excellent thought.
Is it possible that she left from the side door, as the parking lot was at the side of the building. Funny, I always pictured her leaving by way of the main door, but after watching the video of the restaurant (by a R:E firm), the parking lot is at the side of the bldg.
She did say to the owner - "Here is my ride"

If she left from the side door., perhaps she didn't need a key. She just had to turn the lock and close the door. And the owner may have had other locks from the inside to further secure it, before he left...
Is that a possibility?

There aren't any doors at the front of the restaurant, it's all glass. The main entrance is on the lefthand side by the drive to their carpark and if you noticed in the video, there's a fire door on the other side of the bar with EXIT above it. That door goes onto 49 St SE and pulling that door shut would be locking it. The windows on that side of the building are mirror ones so she would have been able to see her ride arriving but he wouldn't have seen her plus, I don't know her exact address but the bar is in Forest Lawn and she probably didn't live too far away so to have the car already pointing in that direction would make sense. Here's the google map coordinates https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...1!3m1!1s0x53717b18b5c68001:0x7bde3f0323a831b8 If you go on to street level you can see that there are no windows around the sides and the back of the building but there is another door at the back.

"She did say to the owner - "Here is my ride"

If we're going to be pedantic here, it should be "The owner told LE that Jessica said "Here is my ride"

There aren't any doors at the front of the restaurant, it's all glass. The main entrance is on the lefthand side by the drive to their carpark and if you noticed in the video, there's a fire door on the other side of the bar with EXIT above it. That door goes onto 49 St SE and pulling that door shut would be locking it. The windows on that side of the building are mirror ones so she would have been able to see her ride arriving but he wouldn't have seen her plus, I don't know her exact address but the bar is in Forest Lawn and she probably didn't live too far away so to have the car already pointing in that direction would make sense. Here's the google map coordinates https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...1!3m1!1s0x53717b18b5c68001:0x7bde3f0323a831b8 If you go on to street level you can see that there are no windows around the sides and the back of the building but there is another door at the back.

"She did say to the owner - "Here is my ride"

If we're going to be pedantic here, it should be "The owner told LE that Jessica said "Here is my ride"
Her ex did confirm that he picked her up that evening. What confuses me, is why the change in story provided by LE? They initially stated that she was last seen waiting for her ride at work, and then it was later reported that she was dropped off at home but was not seen going inside. Perhaps they had to confirm the story with CCTV evidence? It just seems odd to change such a crucial detail.

As to the locks, many commercial establishments have locks that you need to re-set if you exit through the door. It can be done from the inside, but has to be done each time someone leaves. Whether she had keys or not seem somewhat irrelevant to me... Obviously they have confirmed the story that she was picked up and dropped off at home.

The crux of the investigation seems to hinge on someone that they have already interviewed. According to the "letter" this person has attempted to deceive LE and fabricated a story. Whether it was the person dropping her off, remains to be seen, but my money is on someone that we have not openly discussed as a suspect. Someone that knew her and targeted her. It is very possible that she went out after she went home. Those crucial details are often withheld from the public for investigative purposes. I have a feeling that they know EXACTLY who is responsible, but are gathering the necessary evidence before divulging any more of their cards.

While family and friends of Jessica Newman are finally preparing to say good-bye, police are continuing efforts to make an arrest.

http://globalnews.ca/video/1997334/...n-jessica-newman-case-as-mother-plans-funeral

It's interesting that Nancy brings up the ex boyfriend and suggests him as a suspect in a round-a-about way. I can't say that I am fond of this type of leading suggestion, as it nullifies other, more likely suspects.

Her ex did confirm that he picked her up that evening. What confuses me, is why the change in story provided by LE? They initially stated that she was last seen waiting for her ride at work, and then it was later reported that she was dropped off at home but was not seen going inside. Perhaps they had to confirm the story with CCTV evidence? It just seems odd to change such a crucial detail.

As to the locks, many commercial establishments have locks that you need to re-set if you exit through the door. It can be done from the inside, but has to be done each time someone leaves. Whether she had keys or not seem somewhat irrelevant to me... Obviously they have confirmed the story that she was picked up and dropped off at home.

The crux of the investigation seems to hinge on someone that they have already interviewed. According to the "letter" this person has attempted to deceive LE and fabricated a story. Whether it was the person dropping her off, remains to be seen, but my money is on someone that we have not openly discussed as a suspect. Someone that knew her and targeted her. It is very possible that she went out after she went home. Those crucial details are often withheld from the public for investigative purposes. I have a feeling that they know EXACTLY who is responsible, but are gathering the necessary evidence before divulging any more of their cards.

I know, that's the most frustrating thing and why I've been dwelling on the bar. Without seeing where she lived I can't imagine how the drop off could have gone. Was it house/flat, how far from the road was it set, was the entrance facing the road or down the side/round the back, were there other obstacles impeding a sight line, eg cars/trees etc.

I agree with you, it wasn't late (by young 'uns standards) and she could very well have gone back out, I'm sure her phone account tells all, and that makes sense too. I was getting hung up on who knew that she was changing her shift that day and who knew that at the last minute, i.e 9pm, that she was going to be going home an hour early, keeping in mind that LE believe it was a targetted homicide.

In addition it's also eating me up inside that this person may well be on that Facebook page acting the part, we see it all the time don't we but to the family it must be like doubling the pain/betrayal when they find out that the helpful, kind, tower of strength has not only caused this tragedy but then hung around to soak up all the misery that results from it.

I've had a problem with the story change from last seen at work to last seen dropped off,

Has it ever been established if anyone was at Jessica's home at the time she was dropped off, was there ever a look inside the home by investigators

The letter does give the impression that the investigators have a very good suspect, I think that the investigators hoped that the letter would either play on someones conscience or make them nervous

While family and friends of Jessica Newman are finally preparing to say good-bye, police are continuing efforts to make an arrest.

http://globalnews.ca/video/1997334/...n-jessica-newman-case-as-mother-plans-funeral

It's interesting that Nancy brings up the ex boyfriend and suggests him as a suspect in a round-a-about way. I can't say that I am fond of this type of leading suggestion, as it nullifies other, more likely suspects.

This is what I mean, her poor mum.

No mention of her getting a lift home or did I miss that? She said that her boss was the last person to see her and that the LE had said they have 'persons of interest' which includes the ex boyfriend, though I got the impression it was because of the custody case. Could be relevant who they didn't mention. The boss said she was like family to him and if you look on the Remembering Jessica Rae Newman FB page then you will see that it only needs the friend, and part of the work crew that found her, to issue a similar statement and you will have yourself a hattrick. Comforting to know that there are men of a certain age out there that can feel so protective towards a young, vulnerable woman.

No mention of her getting a lift home or did I miss that? She said that her boss was the last person to see her and that the LE had said they have 'persons of interest' which includes the ex boyfriend, though I got the impression it was because of the custody case. Could be relevant who they didn't mention. The boss said she was like family to him and if you look on the Remembering Jessica Rae Newman FB page then you will see that it only needs the friend, and part of the work crew that found her, to issue a similar statement and you will have yourself a hattrick. Comforting to know that there are men of a certain age out there that can feel so protective towards a young, vulnerable woman.
Really? Comforting isn't the word I would use.

In any homicide case, the underlying current is always that the ex is responsible. It can be argued that LE often gets tunnel vision because they focus on the statistics rather than the actual case. I do not believe that this is the case here, although it does make for interesting TV.

JRN has many skeletons in her young closet... She is the mother of three children, none of which she has formal custody of. The suggestion that CFS has been involved in her custody disputes, lead one to surmise that she has a sordid past. At the very least, she has encountered people that are prone to these types of crimes.

The establishment that she worked at has MANY shady characters and is well known for an epicenter of prostitution. Additionally, the regulars that patronize her workplace, have significant dealings with drug crime.

Could JRN been a witness to something that someone wanted silenced, or does her own past come into question when considering suspects. Time will tell.

It is difficult to focus on her mother. There would not be a day where my child, has a child, and drops it in my lap to raise. My child, would then get a very quick, and decisive life lesson... regardless of the circumstances.

I arrogantly continue to believe the parenting leading up to that issue, currently won't lead to that issue.

Also interesting that the home of the ex and the extended family was also searched. So the ex lives with his family. Hmmm..

The last part where RS talks about how "they" are still going out to movies and having a good time etc... Is it me or does that sound like she is referring to more than one person?

Interesting comments from friends on the reporter's recent report. Nancy Hixt (reporter) does again state that the ex is a suspect.
https://www.facebook.com/CalgaryCrimeSafety?fref=nf
That's what I mean... Nancy makes reference to the ex and the custody hearing, and doesn't bother to follow it up with a comment from the person in question. Of course the public will make an inference from that... Shoddy journalism, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllaMichael
Back