GUILTY Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ummm... no one called Nick Lush a beautiful father of three. Even if it were an "inner" beauty description, it is essentially irrelevant, and a touch patronizing. It really is saint making and sensationalizing the story to somehow make it sound more tragic... the pusher preaching the the grief addicts.

I get it. Are people seriously that naieve that they can't make their own judgements of a person based on many dynamics? She was beautiful so maybe she was promiscious? She had 3 children and an ex. implies she was a single-mom, that might not go over so well with the religious folk. She has pink hair, she must be an outcast or troubled.

Nick Lush was a loving father. Men are rarely described as beautiful.

It very well could have been for the child's best interests to be placed in the care of the grandparents. We just don't know what Jessica's past history was and what the family could have attempted and did attempt to keep Jessica actively parenting her children. It is a harsh reality.
... and so again... beautiful mother of three?

Unless one looks at the realities, then the preventables can never be identified.

I get it. Are people seriously that naieve that they can't make their own judgements of a person based on many dynamics? She was beautiful so maybe she was promiscious? She had 3 children and an ex. implies she was a single-mom, that might not go over so well with the religious folk. She has pink hair, she must be an outcast or troubled.

Nick Lush was a loving father. Men are rarely described as beautiful.
Just look at the comments below the MSM articles. It's nice and black & white for those who like to raise the pitch forks.

"Attractive woman who gave birth to three kids that others raised" doesn't create the same buzz for your story.

... and no... it is not victim bashing, it is sensationalism bashing.

... and so again... beautiful mother of three?

Unless one looks at the realities, then the preventables can never be identified.

Yes, the "beautiful mom of three" is nothing more than an introduction. Her beauty was probably not the motive. (Unless it has something to do with MM?)

Just look at the comments below the MSM articles. It's nice and black & white for those who like to raise the pitch forks.

"Attractive woman who gave birth to three kids that others raised" doesn't create the same buzz for your story.

... and no... it is not victim bashing, it is sensationalism bashing.

Well I sure hope that the readers can see thru the fluff and realize that. Do you think the recent vote in Alberta could ease your mind?

Well I sure hope that the readers can see thru the fluff and realize that. Do you think the recent vote in Alberta could ease your mind?
Do they? What would happen to a commenter that would raise the parenting issue right after Nancy describes her as a "beautiful mother of three"?

They would immediately be called judgemental and a victim basher. There is a pitchfork mentality that goes with the need to saint make the victim, and demonize the perp. Good and evil, black and white... posters love that stuff. The pitch fork posts get more "likes" and "thank you"s.

Just as an aside, I never fail to snicker at those who judge others as judgemental.

Do they? What would happen to a commenter that would raise the parenting issue right after Nancy describes her as a "beautiful mother of three"?

They would immediately be called judgemental and a victim basher. There is a pitchfork mentality that goes with the need to saint make the victim, and demonize the perp. Good and evil, black and white... posters love that stuff. The pitch fork posts get more "likes" and "thank you"s.

Just as an aside, I never fail to snicker at those who judge others as judgemental.

I think the comment section is mostly used by those that give into the sensationalism. Even when a commentor can give an educated response to a story or state the opposite to what is said in an article it usually turns into a debate or hate fest. I choose not to comment or point out the possibilities because it is not going to make any difference to the readers who have already formed their opinions (IMO) or are emotionally connected to the story.

Jessica was a human being who was murdered. She was beautiful. She had challenges. She was imperfect. She was loved by many. She did not deserve this. Will her story prevent others from walking the same path or attracting the same people or open the eyes of parents whose children may be in need of some tough-love? I hope so. But that probably won't happen unless the story continues and details of her life are told. I am guessing that can't happen at this stage to protect the integrity of the investigation.

I can't really make much sense of it. I am just glad to keep an open mind.

I think the comment section is mostly used by those that give into the sensationalism. Even when a commentor can give an educated response to a story or state the opposite to what is said in an article it usually turns into a debate or hate fest. I choose not to comment or point out the possibilities because it is not going to make any difference to the readers who have already formed their opinions (IMO) or are emotionally connected to the story.

Jessica was a human being who was murdered. She was beautiful. She had challenges. She was imperfect. She was loved by many. She did not deserve this. Will her story prevent others from walking the same path or attracting the same people or open the eyes of parents whose children may be in need of some tough-love? I hope so. But that probably won't happen unless the story continues and details of her life are told. I am guessing that can't happen at this stage to protect the integrity of the investigation.

I can't really make much sense of it. I am just glad to keep an open mind.
Those details never come out. JMB is a perfect example... being "one to always stand up against bullies", somehow becomes the story...

... when the video of people clearly stating no one wants to fight, and then get assaulted by him in spite of their efforts, never seems to be discussed.

And when someone points it out... it gets ignored, snipped, or denied.

The original point was about the absurdity of the "beautiful" descriptor, however.

Jessica is the victim in this case. Knock off the continued speculation on her parenting skills unless you can link to MSM articles that make specific reference to them as they relate to her death:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE.

Victim behavior relates to known behavior, not speculation.

I imagine that in the next few days (hopefully tomorrow) the suspects(s) are charged. It seems by the report from Global today that the child custody court case could be a contributing factor and the ex is a suspect. I just wonder if the ex who is the suspect is the one she was going to court with.

I imagine that in the next few days (hopefully tomorrow) the suspects(s) are charged. It seems by the report from Global today that the child custody court case could be a contributing factor and the ex is a suspect. I just wonder if the ex who is the suspect is the one she was going to court with.

Yes, IIRC. He made comments to that effect on the CPS page and JRN'S site.

Of course it is possible that he is a suspect, but clearly the custody issue was to give her MORE time. It wasn't contentious by all reports.

What niggles at me is, the mother's comments in today's report... She said "They're eating dinner and going to movies..." hinting that there is more than one suspect.

Of course it is possible that he is a suspect, but clearly the custody issue was to give her MORE time. It wasn't contentious by all reports.

What niggles at me is, the mother's comments in today's report... She said "They're eating dinner and going to movies..." hinting that there is more than one suspect.
I watched that with the same eye, but to use the word "he" or "she" points a direct finger, which she may also be avoiding.

I think the letter from LE hints at some involvement from others though, not necessarily directly, but perhaps in the aftermath with cover stories and withholding information.

I watched that with the same eye, but to use the word "he" or "she" points a direct finger, which she may also be avoiding.

I think the letter from LE hints at some involvement from others though, not necessarily directly, but perhaps in the aftermath with cover stories and withholding information.
I guess I'm just not entirely sold on the idea he is the perp. JRN lived a colourful life with many shady characters in the mix. She lived and worked in a notorious part of town and worked at a well-known prostitute and drug hang out. While statistically, the ex or BF is the usual suspect, one cannot dismiss that there are other, just as probable possibilities.

I guess I'm just not entirely sold on the idea he is the perp. JRN lived a colourful life with many shady characters in the mix. She lived and worked in a notorious part of town and worked at a well-known prostitute and drug hang out. While statistically, the ex or BF is the usual suspect, one cannot dismiss that there are other, just as probable possibilities.
There is the footage of LE searching the house... which I assume is recent. What if LE's hint at "two sides to every story" was directed not at friends and buddies... but parents?

And weren't you one of those Occam's Razor disciples?

And not to get on a roll... but... other than his own word, is there anything confirming it wasn't contentious? If she gets any time over 40%, the courts can award child support based on the disparity between their incomes. Lawyers and CFS wouldn't be able to comment publicly to confirm or deny any story...

And weren't you one if those Occam's Razor disciples?
Of course... There is just something bugging me about this one that I can't put my finger on. To go further outside my usual beliefs, I wonder if there is a rush to close the case that is premature. They would have done a forensic sweep of his car, given that he would have had to transport her body at some point. Same goes with his home. Had there been a deceased body in there at any point, they would easily detect it and charged him. It was reported early on by the family that he had gone through intensive searches, questioning and found nothing. Whether that is true remains to be seen. The family have stood by him this whole time, for what that is worth.

Logically, he was the last to see her and there was an emotional charge that is prevalent in homicide cases like this. If it was an argument gone bad, there would be forensic evidence up the wazoo. He doesn't strike me as an expert in forensics, able to deceive LE with his skills.

Then again, maybe the argument was that she wouldn't take custody, and he would be unable to take the new job he was so excited about.

And not to get on a roll... but... other than his own word, is there anything confirming it wasn't contentious? If she gets any time over 40%, the courts can award child support based on the disparity between their incomes. Lawyers and CFS wouldn't be able to comment publicly to confirm or deny any story...
True, but according to family, he was the petitioner and was asking her to take 50/50 custody so he could take a new job.

True, but according to family, he was the petitioner and was asking her to take 50/50 custody so he could take a new job.
Indeed... which is not the norm... which raises the question for the need of CFS involvement, and which speaks to the parenting issues that would require one parent to fight for the other's ability for custody of their own child, CFS approval, and an order from a judge.

Again... bashing that big elephant in the corner.

Indeed... which is not the norm... which raises the question for the need of CFS involvement, and which speaks to the parenting issues that would require one parent to fight for the other's ability for custody of their own child, CFS approval, and an order from a judge.

Again... bashing that big elephant in the corner.
Exactly why it is relevant.

(Empty your mail big boy)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum