GUILTY Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That specific area of Forest Lawn specifically along that stretch of 17th ave is pretty bad. Other parts walking 10 to 15 minutes home probably would not be a problem.
She also got a drive to work from room mate.
Only a two minute drive? Yikes. How bad can Forest Lawn really be??

Does anyone know if the room mate was home at the time Jessica was dropped off? Home being the townhouse that they shared?

The ride could have been because of winter weather. I don't think all young people think of their safety, as far as being afraid to walk around alone. I wouldn't walk around that neighbour hood at night, others it may not bother

One thing I'm curious of is did Jessica ask for a ride or did the person ask Jessica if she wanted a ride. Was the ride prearranged or arranged that day.

I hope that they are close to an arrest. I would assume that the person that the letter was more or less directed at is starting to show some cracks.

Yes you're right, forgot to consider weather.. has someone posted weather conditions for that day?

The ride could have been because of winter weather. I don't think all young people think of their safety, as far as being afraid to walk around alone. I wouldn't walk around that neighbour hood at night, others it may not bother

One thing I'm curious of is did Jessica ask for a ride or did the person ask Jessica if she wanted a ride. Was the ride prearranged or arranged that day.

I hope that they are close to an arrest. I would assume that the person that the letter was more or less directed at is starting to show some cracks.

Yes you're right, forgot to consider weather.. has someone posted weather conditions for that day?

For Western Canada...specifically in this case, Calgary... it was quite balmy that day & evening...considering we out here are used to only minus temperatures until Spring hits for the most part....Tuesday March 10th was +12C with a low of only -2C ....I'm assuming the low was for evening & overnight...

Here is the accuweather for the month of March for Calgary...it shows what it actually was and what the historical average is....

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/calgary/t2g/march-weather/52479

I am wondering if the room mate was at home around the time Jessica and ex arrived at townhouse, and that is why they parked around the corner, and not in one of the parking lots in front of the townhouse.

Police said that Jessica did not go into the townhouse. How would they know-
unless room mate was home and could confirm that she never arrived home?

Yet, at the same time, there are conflicting reports that the room mate could not pick her up as he had to work late.

I'm thinking along the lines of her being dressed up. Wasn't she last seen wearing a white sleeveless dress and leather jacket? She would likely have been in heels too in the described outfit...in which case, she would not want to be walking too far.

Does that outfit seem a little dressy to anyone else for working at the Water Grill?

Where did you see it stated that they parked around the corner and not in one of the parking lots in front of the townhouse?

I am wondering if the room mate was at home around the time Jessica and ex arrived at townhouse, and that is why they parked around the corner, and not in one of the parking lots in front of the townhouse.

Police said that Jessica did not go into the townhouse. How would they know-
unless room mate was home and could confirm that she never arrived home?

Yet, at the same time, there are conflicting reports that the room mate could not pick her up as he had to work late.

Wasn't it a black dress? When I read that I just assumed it was 'the uniform'.. basic black dress? It made sense to me at the time because I was reading 'Steak House'.... but I guess not so much.

I'm thinking along the lines of her being dressed up. Wasn't she last seen wearing a white sleeveless dress and leather jacket? She would likely have been in heels too in the described outfit...in which case, she would not want to be walking too far.

Does that outfit seem a little dressy to anyone else for working at the Water Grill?

Thank you Aloysius; was it posted somewhere which block JRN lived in, ie the youtube is 1300 41 St SE, the googlemap is 1340 42 St SE, I imagine they are all the same and very close even though different streets?

No don't know the exact address. On that note though, I was just wondering if someone local could let me know what's meant by this

<snip>

" Units have unfinshed basement....."

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-rental...homes-1300-41-street-se-calgary-ab/1055092589

In an earlier post I mentioned that I thought they were flats because it appeared that there were two 'front' doors, one on each side of the property. I realize now that both doors go into the same house, my confusion came I think because in the UK most houses have an enclosed yard/garden area.

I'm not sure if these units have a front and rear door or not (I would think they would also have a rear door, perhaps sliding glass doors to a small patch of yard).. these seem to be 2 storey townhouse rentals, which have the main floor with main living area, upstairs with bedrooms/bathroom, and a basement which is unfinished for storage or whatever.. each door is one unit, and there may be several units in each building row. You earlier posted 2 different pics (youtube and something else), and they were 2 diff addresses... within the same area.

No don't know the exact address. On that note though, I was just wondering if someone local could let me know what's meant by this

<snip>

" Units have unfinshed basement....."

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-rental...homes-1300-41-street-se-calgary-ab/1055092589

In an earlier post I mentioned that I thought they were flats because it appeared that there were two 'front' doors, one on each side of the property. I realize now that both doors go into the same house, my confusion came I think because in the UK most houses have an enclosed yard/garden area.

These are older units built in the early 60's as far as I remember they have a front door and a back door off the kitchen
I'm not sure if these units have a front and rear door or not (I would think they would also have a rear door, perhaps sliding glass doors to a small patch of yard).. these seem to be 2 storey townhouse rentals, which have the main floor with main living area, upstairs with bedrooms/bathroom, and a basement which is unfinished for storage or whatever.. each door is one unit, and there may be several units in each building row. You earlier posted 2 different pics (youtube and something else), and they were 2 diff addresses... within the same area.

It's a complex and she could have lived anywhere on it I'm guessing. One of the biggest question marks has been over whether the ex dropped her off at the complex/outside her home or not. These houses don't have a yard/garden at the other side of the property from where the parking is, but backs on to a communal, large grassed area.. If she was dropped right outside the front but went round to the back door to get in then he wouldn't have seen her go inside and she could have bumped into anyone once she'd gone out of sight. Just an observation.

I was asking about the basement because I thought, should it be someone local, then I would read 'unfinished' as unheated and thought that could be a good place to hide someone.

Where did you see it stated that they parked around the corner and not in one of the parking lots in front of the townhouse?
I can't recall where I read that. I believe from one of the facebooks.
Realizing that fb can often hold misinformation, and I don't necessarily think it is always reliable, but I believe it came from him

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor
Back