GUILTY Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it okay to quote from another web site on the same topic?

The character on UC called cd was asked if he knew Jessica and he answered that they shared common ground, but he didn't know her. He said they knew the same people...people that would make you pay twice for something you didn't do.
Was she involved with powerful, unscrupulous people? She seemed like a harmless, gentle young woman,...I can't imagine how she would have raised the ire of whatever group he was referring to, enough to warrant being killed and left in a ditch.
I tried to figure out what CD was saying as well but no luck :(

Is it okay to quote from another web site on the same topic?

The character on UC called cd was asked if he knew Jessica and he answered that they shared common ground, but he didn't know her. He said they knew the same people...people that would make you pay twice for something you didn't do.
Was she involved with powerful, unscrupulous people? She seemed like a harmless, gentle young woman,...I can't imagine how she would have raised the ire of whatever group he was referring to, enough to warrant being killed and left in a ditch.
We've beaten that one cold... the claim she was walking home is sort of hinting that a lot of it was supposition. Unless LE suddenly comes out and says no, she began walking home, it's hard to take any of it at face value. Creepy, doesn't exactly equal inside information or intelligence.

It's something to keep in a mental post it note, but without corroboration, it's like any theory.

According to her boss, Jessica said "my ride is here". So, I believe that statement.

Nancy Hix said that the police told her that the ex did not drop Jessica off.

So one can assume that they kept on going.

She had a cell phone, and I think that if she felt threatened, she would certainly use it.

Perhaps they met up with a group of friends, and something went wrong at that time. ??

It's been two weeks since her body was found, hopefully initial test results will be back soon and we'll get some news.

In 2012 3 RCMP forensic labs were shut down and there must be quite a backlog in the forensic labs, especially with all the suspicious deaths around Calgary alone in the past while. Two weeks isn't enough time imo

We've beaten that one cold... the claim she was walking home is sort of hinting that a lot of it was supposition. Unless LE suddenly comes out and says no, she began walking home, it's hard to take any of it at face value. Creepy, doesn't exactly equal inside information or intelligence.

It's something to keep in a mental post it note, but without corroboration, it's like any theory.

The person is apparently a self appointed "seer". Couldn't back up her claims.

In 2012 3 RCMP forensic labs were shut down and there must be quite a backlog in the forensic labs, especially with all the suspicious deaths around Calgary alone in the past while. Two weeks isn't enough time imo
The labs they currently use are as follows:

RCMP in Edmonton does DNA and trace.

The CPS here do Ballistics and fingerprinting including latent.

There is *some* crossover and of course the CPS can do some other types of testing, but for the most part, especially involving major crimes, the evidence is couriered to the Edmonton RCMP lab.

Thank you News.talk for that info. Even though there may be more than one lab working on tests, there has been word in the past that resources are stretched and the work takes longer. I hope that all changes with the new leadership of our province.

The labs they currently use are as follows:

RCMP in Edmonton does DNA and trace.

The CPS here do Ballistics and fingerprinting including latent.

There is *some* crossover and of course the CPS can do some other types of testing, but for the most part, especially involving major crimes, the evidence is couriered to the Edmonton RCMP lab.

Yes, could very well be waiting in a queue time or they could have found DNA and are using that to build a case without letting on they've got it or maybe there wasn't DNA and that in itself could be pointing them in a direction that they hadn't taken seriously before.

The body was out in the open for 2 months so I wonder what tests they were even able to get. Perhaps none as far as fingerprints go.
The roadway where the vehicle must have stopped on in order to carry Jessica into that sloping ditch ... was asphalt. Do bits and pieces of asphalt cling to tires easily or more so than road surface in the city?

The body was out in the open for 2 months so I wonder what tests they were even able to get. Perhaps none as far as fingerprints go.
The roadway where the vehicle must have stopped on in order to carry Jessica into that sloping ditch ... was asphalt. Do bits and pieces of asphalt cling to tires easily or more so than road surface in the city?

I don't think it's been confirmed how long her body has been out in the elements for, we assume it's two months because that's how long she was missing for but that may not be the case. Also, do we know yet whether she was clothed or not because that will make a difference to how much information of any kind they will be able to retrieve from her. JMO.

Thank you News.talk for that info. Even though there may be more than one lab working on tests, there has been word in the past that resources are stretched and the work takes longer. I hope that all changes with the new leadership of our province.

I believe it is the responsibility of the RCMP. Therefore, these labs are under federal jurisdiction. The Province would not have any say as to how they are run.

I believe it is the responsibility of the RCMP. Therefore, these labs are under federal jurisdiction. The Province would not have any say as to how they are run.
It sure has been quiet, I have faith that CPS knows who is responsible and are waiting for those oh so important lab results.

There are only three DNA labs in all of Canada. The Edmonton RCMP lab is the one Calgary and other Alberta cases use.

I also have faith and hope the waiting is over soon for her family. O/T Love your new signature !
It sure has been quiet, I have faith that CPS knows who is responsible and are waiting for those oh so important lab results.

I also have faith and hope the waiting is over soon for her family. O/T Love your new signature !
Latent fingerprints (the prints they recover from the skin) and DNA, can take up to two weeks. When an arrest is made, they need to be able to show the Judge that they have enough to hold the suspect on the charge. Without these very crucial details, a charge would not stand. In order to hold a suspect, they require enough evidence to hopefully, preempt a dismissal of charges or bail request. My hope is that they aligning their ducks before moving forward against a suspect that they don't have enough evidence against.

Well thank you kgdid :grouphug:
There are a few things in life I feel very strongly about and I despise racism against First Nations, child molesters and men who abuse women. I will never apologize for that

As we all should not apologize victimization by smeg heads should never be tolerated.
Well thank you kgdid :grouphug:
There are a few things in life I feel very strongly about and I despise racism against First Nations, child molesters and men who abuse women. I will never apologize for that

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back