CANADA Canada - Jodi Henrickson, 17, Bowen Island BC, 20 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Heavily decomposed body found on Bowen Island
May 19, 2012

snipped...But there are coincidences in the two cases. Henrickson was last seen at a party down the road from where the body was discovered.

Also, the man considered a person of interest in the teenager's homicide – her ex-boyfriend Gavin Arnott – used to live in a trailer on the property where the body was found.

Read more: http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...sland_120519/20120519?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

[video at link]

Heavily decomposed body found on Bowen Island
May 19, 2012

snipped...But there are coincidences in the two cases. Henrickson was last seen at a party down the road from where the body was discovered.

Also, the man considered a person of interest in the teenager's homicide – her ex-boyfriend Gavin Arnott – used to live in a trailer on the property where the body was found.

Read more: http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...sland_120519/20120519?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

[video at link]

Ummm ... okay, no connection ;)

Considering the population of Bowen Island is less than 4,000 and there are no other missing that I've heard of, plus the 2 coincidences mentioned already, I have a feeling this just has to be her. She has to be somewhere...

Thinking about this recent report further, it seems there are actually 3 coincidences - the 3rd being the description of the clothing on the recently discovered remains:

snipped... A witness told CTV News....the body was wearing dark clothing with black Nike shoes. Police say the body is too badly decomposed to tell whether it's a man or a woman.

From all I have read, Jodi was last known to be wearing a black leather jacket, black shirt and blue jeans....I can't seem to locate a description of her shoes to see if they happened to also be black.

I am thinking this isn't Jodi. I would think the body would have been found sooner where it was located and also her body would have been complely decomposed and skeletonized by now. Strange no one else has been reported missing though.

Just found this - Body belonged to woman on ferry: property owner.
A Bowen Island man who found a decomposing body on his property Friday is convinced it belongs to the same woman he spotted on a ferry a month earlier. http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...body_120520/20120520/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

Yeah, after reading that it doesn't sound like it's Jodi. I was also reading on facebook and her brother is adament that Jodi did not wear Nikes. Whoever it is, hopefully they can ID ASAP and find out what happened.

This may have been posted before, but found this interesting ... seems the man who found the body could be related to one of the last people to see Jodi and Gavin together (same surname anyway):

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightCanada/ar/t3429.htm

... Todd Braraten saw Jodi and Gavin walking along the road by the elementary school, holding hands. It was 4:30 a.m., just getting light; he remembered looking at the clock in his truck. Todd had been at the Harding party and had driven a friend home; he was keen to get home and sleep. Gavin asked him if he and Jodi could get a lift to Leroyville. Todd said no; he was too tired and had business in the city later that morning.

Jodi and Gavin walked down towards Snug Cove, then up the aptly named Seven Hills on Miller Road. Close to the turnoff to Millers Landing, a young couple driving to an early ferry noticed Gavin and Jodi by the side of the road. That was at about 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 20, 2009.

Jodi Henrickson has not been seen since ...

Maybe it's Matthew Huszar. He went missing at Christmas time ... he was dressed for a work Christmas party.

"He was wearing black dress pants, a white-and-blue-checked shirt, black shoes and a dark green tweed · He is a 25 year old Caucasian male, 5’11” tall, and 160 lbs · He has shoulder-length brown hair and brown eyes"

http://www.findmatthewhuszar.ca/

Forgive me for being such a Doubting Thomas about the "no foul play" in Mitchell's case. He was last seen in southwest Vancouver on his bicycle in Oct 2011, but is found in almost the same spot that Jodi was last seen. Initial media reports indicated there was a plastic bag over the head, and according to Mike B, the bag appeared to be an "exit mask". If this was a suicide (whether plastic bag or more specifically an exit bag), why would he choose to end his life in the bush on Harding Road on Bowen Island, beside the home of someone presumably unknown to him, whose kin (I believe) are somewhat knowledgable about Jodi's last known activities?

I don't get it :waitasec:

Regardless of all the coincidences here, I am so sorry that this young man's life ended in such a fashion. My sincere sympathies to all his family and friends that loved him. Rest in Peace Mitchell

I'm with you SB - I feel there is something waaaaay fishy here. How many times have you or anyone else reading this thread been near the last known sighting of a missing gal (or be one to last see her) and then had a missing guy found deceased on your property with some sort of mask? As for me - never once in either scenario, let alone both.

Doesn't happen, imho. Denial seems to be a beautiful thing for LE in all of BC.

Just another coinkydink ... both Jodi and Mitchell were from the Mainland and their disappearances/deaths are linked to Bowen Island. Access to the island is via ferry from Horseshoe Bay on the Mainland to Snug Cove on Bowen Island.

Just wondering if the parties that are held on Bowen Island are well-known among the younger crowd.

FWIW, there is an addiction treatment facility on the island. The owner(s) of the centre have a residential property on Harding Rd that also serves as an overflow facility from the main location. Google maps shows it is 200 metres down the road from Mike B's property.

It's a coincidence that the property owner was so sure the body was that of a woman he saw on the ferry a month prior to the discovery, which is the only way MG could get to that spot. I don't see mention of MG's bike being recovered with his remains.

It's a coincidence that the property owner was so sure the body was that of a woman he saw on the ferry a month prior to the discovery, which is the only way MG could get to that spot. I don't see mention of MG's bike being recovered with his remains.

Yes re the property owner ... IOW, had the body been Jodi, he would be witness to her being alive on April 11, 2012 ... separating her disappearance and demise timewise from when the young fellas on the island last had contact with her.

I've wondered about Mitchell's bike also. Is it on the island somewhere? If not, how did he get about Bowen to such a location?

Curious, huh?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back