CANADA Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, last seen Sask, mid July 2019 *Armed & Dangerous*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burned out vehicle found in northern Manitoba as manhunt continues for men suspected in three B.C. deaths
"Boasting a population of just over 1,000 people, Gillam, Manitoba is one of the last communities before the highway, which trends north, ends.

A short while after Mounties reported the sighting near the rural, northern community, officials with the Fox Lake Cree Nation said they found a burned-out vehicle on their territory — apparently similar to the one the pair was believed to have been driving."
A burned out vehicle has been found in Fox Lake Cree Nation, MB near Gillam, where the duo are believed to have been spotted. @NEWS1130

The area around Gillam — which is about 1,000 kilometres north of Winnipeg — and the Fox Lake Cree Nation is surrounded by deep forests and small bodies of water, which can be found for hundreds of kilometres."

“This investigation is very complex and ever evolving,” B.C. RCMP Sgt. Janelle Shoihet said on Tuesday."

Burned out vehicle found in northern Manitoba as manhunt continues for men suspected in three B.C. deaths
"Boasting a population of just over 1,000 people, Gillam, Manitoba is one of the last communities before the highway, which trends north, ends.

A short while after Mounties reported the sighting near the rural, northern community, officials with the Fox Lake Cree Nation said they found a burned-out vehicle on their territory — apparently similar to the one the pair was believed to have been driving."
A burned out vehicle has been found in Fox Lake Cree Nation, MB near Gillam, where the duo are believed to have been spotted. @NEWS1130

The area around Gillam — which is about 1,000 kilometres north of Winnipeg — and the Fox Lake Cree Nation is surrounded by deep forests and small bodies of water, which can be found for hundreds of kilometres."

“This investigation is very complex and ever evolving,” B.C. RCMP Sgt. Janelle Shoihet said on Tuesday."
Beautiful country but I wouldn't want to be "out there" for an extended period of time, on foot, with all the critters. They may have bitten off more than they can chew if they are intending to live off the land for a bit.

MOO

On Friday, RCMP discovered the burning truck, fitted with a sleeping camper, near Dease Lake, B.C. They found the body the same day, about two kilometres away in a highway pullout.

it sounds like it was with the truck still

The photo I saw had no camper attached though. I thought I read it was just the truck, which means they had to have parked the camper elsewhere first.

Here are my thoughts on the pickup camper:
1) They may have left it somewhere. It's not that hard for two people to offload.
2) They may have sold it for a couple hundred dollars for travelling money.
3) It may have been recovered with the burned out truck and just wasn't mentioned or photographed.
Here is my justification for #3: A truck is heavy steel. A slide-in camper is more fragile aluminum. Removing the camper would not have crushed the truck rook like that. My guess is the truck was rolled off the road, either before or after it was set afire. The camper would likely come off if the truck rolled and I think the truck was rolled due to the roof damage. Due to the differences in weight and construction, the camper and truck could have ended up some distance apart.

Lanius

From this website, the Lanius character is immune to fire. And in the ‘Notable quotes’ section’, this (bbm):

We shall see how brave you are when nailed to the walls of Hoover Dam, your body facing West so you may watch your world die’.

The road worker said their bodies were pointing north, but their heads were facing west. Each had one hand under their body.

It seems obvious they were posed this way.

I will look for the video. This doesn't give the details.

Eyewitnesses speak out about couple found dead on B.C. highway

ETA:

‘Still troubled by it’: Witness recounts securing the scene of northern B.C. double murder

The video interview with road worker Trevor Pierre was in this link, but it's not there any more, replaced with updates. I wonder if the RCMP asked Global to take it down. In fact, it seems I can't find any of the video interviews with Trevor Pierre. Are they all gone?

He was very specific: bodies facing north, heads pointing west, one hand -- the same hand -- tucked under each body. The positions were identical. Coincidence? Not in my opinion.

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts on the pickup camper:
1) They may have left it somewhere. It's not that hard for two people to offload.
2) They may have sold it for a couple hundred dollars for travelling money.
3) It may have been recovered with the burned out truck and just wasn't mentioned or photographed.
Here is my justification for #3: A truck is heavy steel. A slide-in camper is more fragile aluminum. Removing the camper would not have crushed the truck rook like that. My guess is the truck was rolled off the road, either before or after it was set afire. The camper would likely come off if the truck rolled and I think the truck was rolled due to the roof damage. Due to the differences in weight and construction, the camper and truck could have ended up some distance apart.

You think those two scrawny kids rolled that truck with a camper attached to it?

On Friday, RCMP discovered the burning truck, fitted with a sleeping camper, near Dease Lake, B.C. They found the body the same day, about two kilometres away in a highway pullout.

it sounds like it was with the truck still

But there's pictures earlier in this thread of the burned out truck and there is no camper.

Beautiful country but I wouldn't want to be "out there" for an extended period of time, on foot, with all the critters. They may have bitten off more than they can chew if they are intending to live off the land for a bit.

MOO
Are they on foot? Could they have commandeered another vehicle? I hope noone else got hurt.

The road worker said their bodies were pointing north, but their heads were facing west. Each had one hand under their body.

It seems obvious they were posed this way.

I will look for the video. This doesn't give the details.

Eyewitnesses speak out about couple found dead on B.C. highway

There is a photo of them with the bodies blurred in the Gray Hughs video I posted last night. One of them is facing W and one is facing NW.

There is a photo of them with the bodies blurred in the Gray Hughs video I posted last night. One of them is facing W and one is facing NW.

You cant see much. What I found was interesting was that there did not appear to be anything else on the ground - no sleeping bags, no purse, or food or anything that appeared to be dragged out of the van. Almost as if it wasn't for a robbery (although we do know the couple's wallets and phones were taken)

Hiding from the real killer?. Most people would go straight to the Police if someone is chasing after them to maybe kill them too not the other way around. These guys are burning the vehicles to get rid of any evidence left behind. Burning cars does not conceal them from "killer".Robbery is involved in this case too, I hope nothing relating to sexual assault was done to Ms. Deease). Instead they are leaving a trail for "him" to follow instead. JMO

This is an example of sensationalist journalism. The father spoke to the media when the two were still considered missing and at that time speculated the boys were still alive and might be hiding because they witnessed something. He never said he believed they were hiding from the “real” killer after they were declared suspects.

“Just spoke with Bryer Schmegelsky's dad since he learned his son is a murder suspect. Says if the 18yo did it, he doesn't know him. Saw no red flags. But says he's likely now the most hated dad in the country." April Lawrence on Twitter

Their positions were identical. They were pointing north with their heads facing west. They each had a hand under their body. The same hand. The video gives details. I'll try to find it.

Maybe that's just the way you fall when you're running away from someone pointing a gun at you and then shooting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member