GUILTY Canada - Kate Reid, 51, Kitchener, Ont, 2 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't get the Wendy st connection. I wonder what sort of tips they have received. I was listening to our local scanner this weekend and there was a lot of activity there over the weekend. People are assuming Kate is somehow connected I don't see how??

"A tarp had been placed on a third-floor balcony. Identification officers took photos of that balcony and surrounding areas. A portion of the yard below the balcony remained cordoned off with police tape."

Sounds like they've found something, or have reason to believe that balcony and the grass below is important. :(

I assume if they have found something LE probably has a suspect
"A tarp had been placed on a third-floor balcony. Identification officers took photos of that balcony and surrounding areas. A portion of the yard below the balcony remained cordoned off with police tape."

Sounds like they've found something, or have reason to believe that balcony and the grass below is important. :(

I am missing something? Did some of these stories not have comments underneath them yesterday?
Why is her neighbor asking any one with information about Kate to contact her? Shouldn't people be contacting LE? :mad:

Two pics show the tarp on the balcony and a 3rd shows it has been removed and hanging over the balcony rail. It does appear they have found something of interest under the tarp.

Have to wonder why the tarp wouldn't have been discovered/investigated when she was first reported missing, and ... why the need to access with the cherry picker as opposed to just through the balcony door. (Perhaps opening the door with snow/ice buildup could have disturbed the tarp or whatever was under it, so pics had to be taken from above prior to the door being pushed open?)

Interesting, I have to wonder if the roommate is also the suspect

Sillybilly I think your right, if they accessed the balcony from inside they would have destroyed evidence, reason why pictures were taken before they stepped onto the balcony

Two pics show the tarp on the balcony and a 3rd shows it has been removed and hanging over the balcony rail. It does appear they have found something of interest under the tarp.

Have to wonder why the tarp wouldn't have been discovered/investigated when she was first reported missing, and ... why the need to access with the cherry picker as opposed to just through the balcony door. (Perhaps opening the door with snow/ice buildup could have disturbed the tarp or whatever was under it, so pics had to be taken from above prior to the door being pushed open?)

It is really strange that they hadn't noticed the tarp before or questioned it. The photo caption says "police identification officers...", would this mean they've found remains (if yes, please forgive the stupid question)?

It's weird that there's nothing to indicate Gerry has actually been found. He was supposedly missing since late November/early December, and this CBC article was published Jan 28:

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/kitchenerwaterloo/story/1.2934825

Lived alone, apparently single, seems to have had a good job as a designer at an engineering firm, no reference to vehicle. Who goes missing from their community for 2+ months and turns up with no explanation in the media (even a snippet to say nor worries, they have been located, alive or deceased).

Hard to say with GD ... the WRPS twitter still has the Jan 28 post that he is missing but when I click on the link it takes me to the Major Incidents page where he is not shown. Further up in their tweets, they do statements when someone has been located.

https://twitter.com/wrpstoday

Just noticed that his profile, like KLR's, has been moved to the Crimestoppers website. I read somewhere that the WRPS does this when a case becomes suspicious.

I am missing something? Did some of these stories not have comments underneath them yesterday?

Sorry kdgdid, it's ME that is/was missing something....i responded to the wrong post, therefore i was missing the proper link to the right place to see a neighbor...

It's here:

...follow from there.

[fwiw, i fixed my post to include the proper quote with the right link....duho. so sorry.]

No problem I was just wondering where the comments went because I am fb friends with a friend of the woman[KLD] who was asking for people to contact her if anyone had info
Sorry kdgdid, it's ME that is/was missing something....i responded to the wrong post, therefore i was missing the proper link to the right place to see a neighbor...

It's here:

...follow from there.

[fwiw, i fixed my post to include the proper quote with the right link....duho. so sorry.]

Just noticed that his profile, like KLR's, has been moved to the Crimestoppers website. I read somewhere that the WRPS does this when a case becomes suspicious.

I read the same thing earlier today.

Why is her neighbor asking any one with information about Kate to contact her? Shouldn't people be contacting LE? :mad:

Yes they should be contacting LE but I assume she's asking that because she's worried about her and wants to know how/where she is? Just a guess. I'd probably say the same thing if I were in her shoes.

It is really strange that they hadn't noticed the tarp before or questioned it. The photo caption says "police identification officers...", would this mean they've found remains (if yes, please forgive the stupid question)?

Well, this is Toronto but I suspect the officer's title means roughly the same thing:

"Forensic Identification Officers collect evidence over the course of hours and sometimes days in order to paint a complete picture of a crime for the courtroom. Officers use many tools to capture fingerprints, detect traces of blood, recreate a crime scene and analyze what they have found."

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/forensics/

Police seek public’s help in finding missing woman
2 hours ago

Snipped...
..."We're continuing our investigation at that location using the tools available to us," police spokesperson Olaf Heinzel said.

But he appealed to the public to come forward with any information about Reid, no matter how insignificant they may think it is.

"The involvement of the community is essential," he said. "It definitely can help, more so than people sometimes realize."

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 519-650-8500 ext. 8405 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5459588-where-is-kate-lynn-/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery