Found Deceased Canada - Kathleen Rose Ferraz-Duchesneau, 25, car found abandoned, Devon, Alberta, 6 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Clouddown: I haven't seen any photos of the car or anything, so couldn't say about any possible damage. I didn't see any debris in the meridian between the north and southbound lanes though.

@ilovematt: I'm no traffic/accident expert by any means, so I couldn't tell you if the car stopped abruptly enough to set of the airbags. It definitely traveled for quite a ways before stopping.

For what it's worth: Someone drove into a ditch near my home this past weekend and went down a long bank before stopping. I was looking at his tracks...you could see where he was cranking on the steering wheel trying to turn the car back onto the road because the tracks aren't just two straight lines but waver and the snow fans out wider. I didn't see that at all from the tracks left by Kathleen's vehicle. Her tracks were just two pretty straight lines in the snow down the meridian for approximately 6 car lengths before a flattened area of snow at the bottom. It's hard to tell if the flattened area was caused by her car spinning around or is the result of people and tow trucks pulling her car out after.

Just what I observed...may not mean anything or contribute in any way.

It has been over two months now and nothing new beyond what was reported that night. It's very sad.

I wonder if it is possible that she was attempting to drive her car into the river.. someone else who also saw the tracks mentioned that that was almost what it looked like. Thoughts? It has been really quiet on this one and I keep wishing that we would hear something regarding this poor girl.

That’s an interesting idea, Kurzz10, about attempting to drive into the river, but I can think that can be ruled out. It’s a little counter-intuitive to try to drive into the river by going into the island between the two lanes.

Take a look at these two pictures I downloaded from the Global News site (RCMP search for missing Devon woman after vehicle abandoned).

In the first one, looking down the hill from Devon towards the river, you can see it’s a pretty long stretch of meridian and snow to drive through to even get to the bridge. And once at the bridge, the meridian doesn’t drop directly down to the river, but only to the access road that goes under the bridge, which you can see in the second photo curving to the left underneath.

img_20190107_130341.jpg

This second photo is actually taken roughly from the spot where Kathleen’s car looks like it came to a rest...if you were to walk up that bank to the left and cross the north-bound lane.

img_20190107_130549.jpg

If someone wanted to attempt to drive off the bridge, they might be more likely to try jumping the concrete railing at high speed halfway across the bridge and would likely go to the right hand side simply because it is wide open all the way down to the river.

If someone just wanted to drive into the river, there is a boat ramp in the park that can be accessed from the parking lot just to the right in the second photo.

Does anybody from the area know if there would be good cell connection near that bridge? Could her wheels have been stuck in the icy snow ruts and she left her car to call for help?
The first reports seem to suggest that there was an accident and although Kathleen’s car was undamaged there was debris in the snow...
Strange that the car was still running...

I would like to see the link to these first reports.

That’s an interesting idea, Kurzz10, about attempting to drive into the river, but I can think that can be ruled out. It’s a little counter-intuitive to try to drive into the river by going into the island between the two lanes.

Take a look at these two pictures I downloaded from the Global News site (RCMP search for missing Devon woman after vehicle abandoned).

In the first one, looking down the hill from Devon towards the river, you can see it’s a pretty long stretch of meridian and snow to drive through to even get to the bridge. And once at the bridge, the meridian doesn’t drop directly down to the river, but only to the access road that goes under the bridge, which you can see in the second photo curving to the left underneath.

img_20190107_130341.jpg

This second photo is actually taken roughly from the spot where Kathleen’s car looks like it came to a rest...if you were to walk up that bank to the left and cross the north-bound lane.

img_20190107_130549.jpg

If someone wanted to attempt to drive off the bridge, they might be more likely to try jumping the concrete railing at high speed halfway across the bridge and would likely go to the right hand side simply because it is wide open all the way down to the river.

If someone just wanted to drive into the river, there is a boat ramp in the park that can be accessed from the parking lot just to the right in the second photo.

Do you have any feel as to what you think may have happened?

Do you have any feel as to what you think may have happened?

Sorry, Kurzz10...I must have missed this question earlier. I couldn't, and wouldn't dare to, speculate.

Although, I expected now that the river is thawing and the snow is gone (minus today's little hissy fit), I expected there to be some new information or evidence emerging. But nothing.

This situation just seems to get sadder and sadder.

I agree with the posters speculating that she was nudged off the road. That's exactly what it seems like since her car was left running. Is it just coincidence that she left her phone at home? Or did something more sinister happen ... like someone tricked her into leaving it and then abducted her. It sounds conspiratorial but there are scams currently going on where the victims were convinced to leave their phones at home.

Oh dear. I missed this yesterday. I don't see any updates yet on that report.

I can say with respect to Dre's map and post above, I have kayaked from the bridge in Devon through downtown Edmonton. In the middle of the summer at normal water levels, it takes about an hour and half to just float that distance.

Unfortunately the body retrieved from the river was Kathleen. Very sad news, my thoughts are with her family and loved ones.

link?

I googled and can't find any articles stating this.

NOOOO!!! I was so hoping for a different outcome... I’m so sorry for her loved ones. At least now they can get some closure after so many months. RIP Kathleen :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back