GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well it seems as if Kienan's father is convinced that there was no sexual assault.

Kienan ‘doing great,’ says father of child who was abducted, returned

Three-year-old Kienan Hebert, who was abducted, held for four days and then returned, is “doing great” although he continues to have nightmares, his father, Paul Hebert, says.

“He’s a little trooper, he’s just carrying on,” Mr. Hebert said on Wednesday in an interview.

But at night, it’s a bit different. “[In his sleep,] he’ll say, ‘I don’t want to go,’ and stuff like that,” Mr. Hebert said.

Kienan wakes up from his nightmares and goes into his parents’ room to cuddle up for the rest of the night, Mr. Hebert said. “It definitely left an impact on him.”

Kienan was tested to see if he had been assaulted, Mr. Hebert said. “We have done a lot of things with him and there are no signs of anything being done to him,” Mr. Hebert said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...no-surprise-to-kienans-father/article2174921/

Well it seems as if Kienan's father is convinced that there was no sexual assault.

Three-year-old Kienan Hebert, who was abducted, held for four days and then returned, is “doing great” although he continues to have nightmares, his father, Paul Hebert, says.

“He’s a little trooper, he’s just carrying on,” Mr. Hebert said on Wednesday in an interview.

But at night, it’s a bit different. “[In his sleep,] he’ll say, ‘I don’t want to go,’ and stuff like that,” Mr. Hebert said.

Kienan wakes up from his nightmares and goes into his parents’ room to cuddle up for the rest of the night, Mr. Hebert said. “It definitely left an impact on him.”

Kienan was tested to see if he had been assaulted, Mr. Hebert said. “We have done a lot of things with him and there are no signs of anything being done to him,” Mr. Hebert said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...no-surprise-to-kienans-father/article2174921/

OMG that just breaks my heart. Poor little baby :(

If this were YOUR son, would YOU issue a public statement to indicate that he had been sexually harmed?! I would NOT!! I would rather protect my son, and let HIM tell people when / if ever he was ready than have me or my husband proceed ahead of him, when he isn't even old enough to make his wishes known, or to realize the consequences the action could have!! The fact is, sexual abuse is DEVESTATING for most victims! Imagine the impact of a young boy being abused by a male!! As the boy grows older, this could have a major impact on him!! I wouldn't put it out there thats for damn sure! I'd protect his privacy to the media as much as possible!!! No matter what I feared or suspected, you can be sure it would never end up in the media!!

The parents of young boy who was snatched from his home in Sparwood, B.C., last month say they met with the man charged with kidnapping their son - and they have forgiven him.

In an exclusive interview with the CBC's Ian Hanomansing, Paul Hebert revealed police asked him to meet with Hopley, face to face, immediately after his capture.

Hebert, a deeply religious man, prayed he wouldn't get angry and lash out at the man accused of kidnapping his son, as he arrived for the meeting at the local RCMP station.

"Up to the room, I was shaking, and I was worried about where it would lead up to. Then I saw him and it was a calm feeling. We were just able to talk it through," said Hebert.

The Heberts say they can't reveal details about what was said at that meeting with their son's alleged abductor until Hopley's trial is over.

Paul Hebert said the opportunity to talk to Hopley allowed him to get answers to many questions he and his wife had.

The willingness of the Heberts to forgive their son's alleged abductor comes in large part from their strong religious faith. But they concede it was also easier because Kienan does not appear to have been harmed, physically or emotionally.

"The first couple of nights with us he was a little troubled," said the boy's mother.

"In the morning, he would want to give me a little hug and he'd give a hug and say, 'You are my mom.'

"Since then he's been, he's been a normal kid and always has been."

Paul Hebert says, "I believe honestly Kienan thought he was with a friend the entire time."

http://news.sympatico.cbc.ca/home/abducted_bc_boys_parents_forgive_suspect/e7bd93e9

So glad this little guy is okay. The locals posting comments after the last article seem very angry.....can’t figure out why.

The man accused of abducting three-year-old Kienan Hebert from his home in Sparwood, B.C., in September is mentally sound, and fit to stand trial, according to experts.

Thorne said he will not use a defence of not criminally responsible due to mental disorder in the case.
People in Sparwood said they were shocked to hear of Hopley's past, saying he was seen as a town outcast, but generally harmless.

"We did not know the depth of it. We just saw him as a bit of a different guy that faded into the background that liked to steal and do all these silly things," said Sharon Fraser, who has known Hopley most of her life.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/11/09/bc-hopley-mentally-fit-stand-trial.html

ETA: The bail hearing is scheduled for Dec. 19.

This monster needs to be put under the jail! How many more kids will he be allowed to molest? Does he have to kill one of his victims before people stop supporting him and making excuses for him? And we wonder why so many kids are molested, missing, killed.....their abusers and killers are enabled, that's why!!

Thanks, MsFacetious. Looks like he'll be back in court on March 26, 2012. I hope it means the trial will start then!

Child abductor confessed, was forgiven by Kienan’s father

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...as-forgiven-by-kienans-father/article2382130/

Randall Hopley was sitting quietly, unshackled, when Paul Hebert entered a spartan RCMP interrogation room to meet the man who had snatched his three-year-old son, Kienan, and plunged his family into a week of agony.

An RCMP officer introduced the two men: “This is Paul Hebert, Kienan’s father.”

Mr. Hopley filled in the blanks about how and why he abducted Kienan – and why he returned the toddler after a dramatic public plea from the Hebert family.

“When you did your plea, you asked to bring him into a busy parking lot or into a busy area,” Mr. Hopley said. “I didn’t want to do that, because I didn’t want him to get kidnapped. So I brought him to a safe place, which was his home.”

On Monday, the 46-year-old pleaded guilty in Cranbrook court to the abduction of a person under 14, and breaking and entering for the purposes of committing an indictable offence; a third charge, of kidnapping, was stayed. He will be sentenced on July 18 and 19.

Randall Hopley pleads guilty to abduction of Kienan Hebert

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...to-abduction-of-kienan-hebert/article2381777/

After a week-long drama that transfixed the country last September, it took just six minutes for Randall Hopley to put it all behind him and plead guilty to the abduction of three-year-old Kienan Hebert.

Mr. Hopley’s plea, made during a brief B.C. Supreme Court hearing on Monday, eliminates the need for a long, draining trial likely to have caused renewed anguish for the close-knit Hebert family.

Mr. Hopley pleaded guilty to two charges: abduction of a person under 14, and breaking and entering for the purpose of committing an indictable offence.

The abduction charge carries a maximum prison term of 10 years. A sentencing hearing for Mr. Hopley was scheduled for July 18 and 19.

Kienan's father said he was not overly concerned by the length of time Mr. Hopley may serve for the abduction. “We don't want to be gloating about his punishment. I don't know whether 10 years is too short or too long. I just hope that Corrections actually corrects, and Randall comes out a better person.” Mr. Hebert said.

Dangerous Offender Hearing Begins for Child Abductor Randall Hopley

On Monday, Hopley will appear in B.C. Supreme Court, where a judge is expected to hear arguments all week on whether the man should be designated as a dangerous or a long-term offender.

Justice Heather Holmes ordered a psychiatric assessment last year. Prosecutor Lynal Doerksen said he will be arguing for a dangerous offender designation for Hopley.

“Just given the circumstances of what occurred two years ago and his prior record for similar conduct, he poses a risk of repeating the same behaviour and we don’t want that to happen,” Doerksen said in a phone interview.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...hild-abductor-randall-hopley/article14715256/

Convicted child abductor Randall Hopley has been declared a long-term offender and sentenced to seven years in prison followed by 10 years of supervision after his release.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/child-...ed-long-term-offender-1.1567056#ixzz2m4SMhq00

:banghead::banghead:

Pfftttt. This is so ridiculous. He will re-offend.

Oh yeah, he gets credit for over two years so will only spend another FIVE years in jail. Good job JUDGE.

He will be given 26 months credit for incarceration while awaiting trial, and will serve a total of five more years.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ducted-b-c-boy-sentenced-to-7-years-1.2445208

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engel
Back