Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one photo of DM on the psychic web link looks like the Parliament buildings in Athens Greece, not Croatia. There is no frame around the wrist tattoo.

That is the Parliament building in Athens.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/33367290

If I'm reading his site correctly, he also says that is a new FB photo from May 15, 2013. Not possible. I've seen his site before with respect to other cases and they are all just copied ramblings, hard to read. A big fake IMHO.

One of those calls was to someone who knows someone close to SS. Sorry if it is a bit of a leap. We don't even know for sure if LB was the one calling. I am a newbie so hopefully this is okay.

:Welcome1: Miss3

Not a leap at all. Was Laura known to spend time with SS, were they friends, or just acquaintances through DM?

New interview with the parents:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2...remembers-dellen-millard-picking-up-daughter/

But police never interviewed Millard in connection to Laura's disappearance, the Babcocks said. After the detective assigned to her file was reassigned, they weren't sure what had happened to the case.

"All this information was in their hands," her tearful mother said. "We don't know anything more than we've known since the beginning."

Standing in her front hall, Linda Babcock remained hopeful the renewed attention to the case will help bring her daughter home.

"They have to find her now."

One of those calls was to someone who knows someone close to SS. Sorry if it is a bit of a leap. We don't even know for sure if LB was the one calling. I am a newbie so hopefully this is okay.

Someone close to SS as in TS? I am SO curious of those other numbers. Reverse look up didn't help when I tried. Maybe someone else would have better luck ;)

I have big concerns with Toronto Police continuing to investigate the disappearance of LB - as in possibly undermining the efforts of Hamilton Police as DM's case moves forward.

As KEVINinTO has rightly pointed out, there are problems with TPS under the leadership of Blair as locals well know. One only has to read the papers to learn even judges are now rejecting the testimony of TPS officers - to the point the Ontario Attorney's Office had to set up new protocols to deal with lying TPS officers. Ridiculous.

The original investigating officer (Woodhouse) already invented a law for the benefit of SL - that only family can report or deal with TPS when a person is missing. I have no confidence in what TPS will now 'add' to LB's file with the skew that the information was always there - all of it a defense attorneys dream.

I would prefer Hamilton Police take over the disappearance of LB - for the sake of her family, her friends and to preserve justice as Canadians demand justice should be.

Please take this into consideration Det Sgt Matt Kavanaugh (Hamilton Police Service) - TPS ain't nobody's friend with the track record to prove it.

IMO, the police face a public slander case from DM'S, so they recanting the remains found, until they can 100% be sure they are human.

Dont think they are recanting because the media reported that a "source" had given them the information, therefore not an official statement from the police. Whenever the word "source" is involved it is not an offical statement.

I don't believe she was ever in Vegas, I think someone was trolling her friends, and due to their naivete they took it seriously. Unbelievable that someone is now asking how to keep media away from the vigil smh

Does anyone get the impression that one crowd of friends just want to find her regardless, and the other crowd are trying to hide something?

Things that don't make sense if DM was framed by SL/SL killed LB:
- Identification of DM's tattoos on first test drive
- Why would SL do a first test drive with the same vehicle as TB?
- SB is a witness to DM being present on test drive with TB, I would imagine she'd be able to rule out that it was SL and not DM
- SL would have to be aware of DM's property in Ayr to plant TB's body there (possible)
- SL would have to be aware of his mother's property in Klineberg to know to leave DM's trailer there (very unlikely IMO)
- SL would have to have access to DM's trailer to put TB's truck in it
- SL would be the driving force behind repeatedly trying to bring attention to a missing person's case which is not being taken seriously by police and not investigated as a homicide

I really don't think Exiled was referring to TB's murder, only Laura's disappearance. Only the last one of those items listed have anything to do with Laura.

Soooo...is it just me or did the Aunt delete all her comments from the Find Laura page???
She was the only one with any common sense. JMO

Yes.... I don't see it there now either.

I'm just going off of the fb group for her and that's actually where I found the comment about the passport. It's a comment that was made on Aug 10th in a post. Also, take a look at a comment on Aug 2nd, they say her CC's have been checked as well.

I seen her aunt had removed her comments or they were removed for her. I cant help but wonder if taking off was something she's done before. Her family seems to think she's coming home and from the aunt's post it sounds like she thinks it has a lot to do with depression, or whatever hard time she was going through emotionally. Let's say she was in fact mentally unstable, would she really go this long with absolutely no money or contact from her family or anyone for that matter? Same thing goes for an addiction. I just cant see her not reaching out at some point in the past year, to anyone at some point. Someone had posted a screen shot of her phone bill in one of the TB threads and she had been making calls to other people and not just DM, it was the chunk of the calls at the end of the bill that were all to him. So up until the days leading up to the DM calls, who was she calling and trying to talk to?

Of course, these are all MOO

Thanks emc2. Earlier today before the site went down we were looking for that. With all my spare time (because site being down lol) I did find it! But here is my question.... if she didn't have her passport, why do they still think that she could have left the country? and even entertained the idea that she might have been in Vegas. The comment on fb just said 'no she didn't' in regards to her passport. So vague.

BBM in your post ~ yes, I do think this is possible. Some of these people go by aliases, set up new lives, don't need bank accounts because they are living on the streets, so there is no way to track them, and if they did, maybe it's under a different name. Personally, I have Aunt that did this, I actually never met her, and it was years that she lived off the grid, she would go years without contacting family or without family finding her. Eventually, the family did report her missing, however it was too late, it's believed that she was killed a few years beforehand (high profile Vancouver case) So yes, unfortunately, I do think it's possible :(

Does anyone get the impression that one crowd of friends just want to find her regardless, and the other crowd are trying to hide something?

yessssssssss! There is one friend there that has been posting from the beginning that is very defensive as soon as anyone mentions Laura having any issues. I also noticed that Laura talked freely with all of her friends about her depression, seeing a therapist, needing a place to live, one even telling her to go to a shelter. Sounds like a lot of cries for help, and I'm not so sure anyone listened enough to actually help. Not laying blame, as hindsight is always 20/20. JMO

I really don't think Exiled was referring to TB's murder, only Laura's disappearance. Only the last one of those items listed have anything to do with Laura.

A common theme in ExiledRed's posts thus far has been the implication that DM is being framed or set-up regarding TB so I went with that line of thinking. But even if we're going by the SL killed Laura/framed DM theory, now we're looking at:

a) man goes for test drive and ends up dead, burned beyond recognition and on DM's property and
b) a young woman who disappeared and the last person she called was DM

and that's looking mighty, mighty suspicious. Even if we presume SL killed LB and used her phone to call DM to make it look like it might've been him, once the police refuse to investigate the case it leaves SL pestering police to investigate a crime he committed and the man he set up just so happens to be charged with 1st degree murder less than a year later (or if you believe ExileRed, DM has possibly been framed for both the murder of TB AND the disappearance of LB and is in fact, the unluckiest guy in the universe).

Why are people even sleuthing SL?

Clearly he is the one who has been doing everything humanly possible to find Laura, and until DM got arrested for murder, his pleas for help, were apparently not taken very seriously. He is to be commended for getting involved and doing everything he could possibly do, even setting up a meeting with DM to confront him about the phone calls. I'm just glad he had the sense to meet him in a public place …

oh wow, I just found the uncle's fb post that said he didn't even know she was missing! Said there was no mention of it at a recent funeral for his mother (would be Laura's grandmother). WOW!

I'm not sure if this has been posted - it's an interview with Laura's parents

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...wed_police_interest_in_her_disappearance.html

They said that LE didn't even interview DM

But police never interviewed Millard in connection with their daughter’s disappearance, the Babcocks said. After the detective assigned to her file was reassigned, they weren’t sure what had happened to the case.

“All this information was in their hands,” Linda Babcock said, tearing up as she spoke about Laura. “We don’t know anything more than we’ve known since the beginning.”

I have big concerns with Toronto Police continuing to investigate the disappearance of LB - as in possibly undermining the efforts of Hamilton Police as DM's case moves forward.

As KEVINinTO has rightly pointed out, there are problems with TPS under the leadership of Blair as locals well know. One only has to read the papers to learn even judges are now rejecting the testimony of TPS officers - to the point the Ontario Attorney's Office had to set up new protocols to deal with lying TPS officers. Ridiculous.

The original investigating officer (Woodhouse) already invented a law for the benefit of SL - that only family can report or deal with TPS when a person is missing. I have no confidence in what TPS will now 'add' to LB's file with the skew that the information was always there - all of it a defense attorneys dream.

I would prefer Hamilton Police take over the disappearance of LB - for the sake of her family, her friends and to preserve justice as Canadians demand justice should be.

Please take this into consideration Det Sgt Matt Kavanaugh (Hamilton Police Service) - TPS ain't nobody's friend with the track record to prove it.

I'm glad to see others share my concerns! The performance of the Toronto Police has been absolutely abysmal. I always specify "Toronto Police" instead of the short-form "LE" when referring to TPS cases because I don't want to lump other LE agencies that have a good track record (e.g. Hamilton, Peel) in with the incompetent Toronto Police under Bill Blair.

There was absolutely no excuse for the investigator - Sgt Woodhouse - not to follow up on the phone records and conduct an interview with DM.

There was absolutely no excuse for not getting a subpoena and tracing the usage of the iPad in LB's possession.

There was absolutely no excuse for brushing off the concerns of the boyfriend just because he was not "family".

And it is not just the case of LB where we see this gross incompetence on the part of Toronto Police.

Toronto Homicide is only now opening an investigation into WM's death. Toronto Homicide is only now discovering that WM was about to be married. They are only now discovering that WM was on the verge of starting an exciting business that promised to increase his personal fortune. A simple Google search would have told them that!

On the surface it appeared that WM had every reason to live. Had Toronto Homicide done their job a big red flag would have gone up when WM was discovered dead.

If DM is responsible for the death of LB and WM then it can be said that failure by Toronto Police to investigate and arrest DM meant that DM was free to kill Tim Bosma.

Talk about a misleading headline!

Tim Bosma homicide: Missing woman’s parents buoyed at renewed police interest in her disappearance

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...wed_police_interest_in_her_disappearance.html

"Renewed" suggests that there was interest from Toronto Police in finding Laura in the first place! We now know that that was not the case. Toronto Police blew off family and friends.

The parents seem to be in complete self-denial if they are actually "buoyed" at "renewed" police interest.

Toronto Police are now realizing that they screwed up big-time by not following up on vital clues. As a result of this gross negligence Toronto Police not only failed to solve Laura's disappearance. They allowed DM to go free and to kill (allegedly) Tim Bosma!

Talk about a misleading headline!

Tim Bosma homicide: Missing woman’s parents buoyed at renewed police interest in her disappearance
<snipped by me>

I agree that the headline appears strange, because who would be buoyed at the knowledge that the last person your missing daughter was known to have contact with, has turned out to be a suspected murderer (previously thought to be just a “friend”).

The parents must be furious that the only reason LE now have an interest in Laura's case, is because of the Millard connection. They couldn't even be bothered to interview DM before all this happened.

Yes.... I don't see it there now either.

BBM in your post ~ yes, I do think this is possible. Some of these people go by aliases, set up new lives, don't need bank accounts because they are living on the streets, so there is no way to track them, and if they did, maybe it's under a different name. Personally, I have Aunt that did this, I actually never met her, and it was years that she lived off the grid, she would go years without contacting family or without family finding her. Eventually, the family did report her missing, however it was too late, it's believed that she was killed a few years beforehand (high profile Vancouver case) So yes, unfortunately, I do think it's possible :(

So, I just cant wrap my head around a young woman in her early 's just wanting to go off the grid. Especially after reading the interviews with her parents "Laura — a “social butterfly” — became restless under her parents’ roof.. I was one of those "social butterflies" and I did take of for long periods of time but always kept in touch with friends, especially the ones who were in to the clubs and bars, the "fun" ones. I don't know LB but IMO I just can't see a girl like her going off the grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn