Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
. On a personal note, in my relationship we are very close and have access to each other's personal accounts as well as personal bills under each others names, with bill statements arriving to our house that we both open.

Laura Babcock thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9456400&posted=1#post9456400

Well, sure you do, but if things should go pear-shaped in your relationship, would you continue to give your X complete access to your affairs 6 months after you split up and you'd found another bf or bfs?

Laura Babcock

laura-babcock1.jpg

if he was guilty, i doubt he'd be pursuing anything if it seemed like LE had forgotten all about it. the fact that DM lied to SL when they met up tells me that DM obviously was trying to distance himself from LB from the get go.

On the contrary, if he saw an opportunity to nail a guy he didnt like for whatever reason (taking his gf for example) maybe he would jump at that chance? maybe its as simple as that why he pointed fingers at DM, or maybe there is more to it , after all LB is now missing for almost a year !!! And SL has been kepping tabs on all of her private bank and credit card information. Sorry but that sounds creepy to me. I could understand family doing this or even the LE...but an EX boyfriend who only now is pointing a finger at DM. Why did he not take this up with LE ten months ago???

From the Toronto Star article I noticed that LB lived in a very upscale area of Etobicoke - actually a little more upscale than the area where DM lived so she came from a family with money. From the CTV video you can also see also how distraught her mother is. I can imagine at the time of her disappearance that her family would have made desperate pleas to the police to find their daughter (as did her boyfriend) and yet Toronto Police just blew them off and labelled the disappearance as "not suspicious"? I really have trouble wrapping my head around this! Why did Toronto Police just write her off? Was it because she as hanging around a bad crowd? Seems to me even more reason to try and find her!

From the Toronto Star article I noticed that LB lived in a very upscale area of Etobicoke - actually a little more upscale than the area where DM lived so she came from a family with money. From the CTV video you can also see also how distraught her mother is. I can imagine at the time of her disappearance that her family would have made desperate pleas to the police to find their daughter (as did her boyfriend) and yet Toronto Police just blew them off and labelled the disappearance as "not suspicious"? I really have trouble wrapping my head around this! Why did Toronto Police just write her off? Was it because she as hanging around a bad crowd? Seems to me even more reason to try and find her!

Could the clue be 'people with money'?

if he was guilty, i doubt he'd be pursuing anything if it seemed like LE had forgotten all about it. the fact that DM lied to SL when they met up tells me that DM obviously was trying to distance himself from LB from the get go.

Allegedly lied to SL. According to SL, who to me, after reading everything he has said to the press comes off like a somewhat obsessed ex boyfriend IMO. After the relationship is severed and people move on, no one has any business logging into anyone elses accounts etc IMO. Not something I would be comfortable with for sure.

And SL has been kepping tabs on all of her private bank and credit card information. Sorry but that sounds creepy to me. I could understand family doing this or even the LE...but an EX boyfriend who only now is pointing a finger at DM. Why did he not take this up with LE ten months ago???

We're all pretty innocent here, and we're sleuthing every single thing we can to find who is responsible for a crime against a person we don't even know. SL knew LB and cared about her, so I don't know why you'd think it creepy that he has information he has gleaned in his search for his friend.

From what he has said, he DID take it up with LE and it went nowhere.

Allegedly lied to SL. According to SL, who to me, after reading everything he has said to the press comes off like a somewhat obsessed ex boyfriend IMO. After the relationship is severed and people move on, no one has any business logging into anyone elses accounts etc IMO. Not something I would be comfortable with for sure.

If I was missing and the police did nothing, I would appreciate any family and friends hacking into my computer, snooping through my entire life, and busting down the door to Fort Knox if they thought I was in there.

And I would expect my WS friends to do no less ;)

I don't follow your point. The clue to?

I asked why did Toronto Police blow-off LB's disappearance as "not suspicious".

Do you think it is because she came from money?

I think it's for the reason that they stated. She's an adult woman who had left her parent's home some months earlier, with no actual address of her own apparently, and they had no idea where to start looking for her in a city of 3 million people. Not a lot of emphasis is placed on missing adults. There was obviously nothing to indicate foul play to them. Which is ridiculous if what SL is saying is true. That she just disappeared without a trace and did not access any banking, social media or her phone. But unfortunately, that's how they appear to roll at the TPS. Can't handle the workload I guess?

MOO

I think it's for the reason that they stated. She's an adult woman who had left her parent's home some months earlier, with no actual address of her own apparently, and they had no idea where to start looking for her in a city of 3 million people. Not a lot of emphasis is placed on missing adults. There was obviously nothing to indicate foul play to them. Which is ridiculous if what SL is saying is true. That she just disappeared without a trace and did not access any banking, social media or her phone. But unfortunately, that's how they appear to roll at the TPS. Can't handle the workload I guess?

MOO

Just watch...Pretty soon we'll have no media access to this case. Everything will go mute. That's what always happens here.

moo

There is a lot of talk that is getting heated, on the find Laura FB page amongst friends....its about whether or not to disclose to the media that LB had `tendencies` - that seemed to increase before she went missing.

wanted to add- i didnt post out of disrespect - just to try and put some context to her life around the time she went missing

If I was missing and the police did nothing, I would appreciate any family and friends hacking into my computer, snooping through my entire life, and busting down the door to Fort Knox if they thought I was in there.

When you put it like that I can agree. Something I didn't consider.

For me, IMO it depends if he was using her passwords etc before LB went missing to keep "tabs" on her, or if it was only once she went missing that he started looking into her accounts etc.

Hello 33 guests! :seeya: Please sign up to WS and join in, we need all the help we can get to help bring Laura home. Your info or thoughts no matter how big or small could be the key to finding Laura!

If I ever went missing SB and you didn't come looking for me I would be so pizzed. Hack my accounts, setup a find elepher facebook, pull my phone records, do interviews and shout the fact that I am missing from the roof tops. And don't stop until you find out where I am and if I am safe. If you find I am not safe, then find the perp - straight up - find the perp. That is what good friends would do. I see nothing wrong with SL's actions and from all accounts Laura's family is letting him keep the focus on finding Laura.

Oh, and yes, if you ever went missing SB, you would have no secrets left by the time we finished looking for you!

There is a lot of talk that is getting heated, on the find Laura FB page amongst friends....its about whether or not to disclose to the media that LB had `tendencies` - that seemed to increase before she went missing.

wanted to add- i didnt post out of disrespect - just to try and put some context to her life around the time she went missing

Well if LB had some tendencies .. They should be known in order to find her! Obviously, they weren't very good ones or else the friends would just say what they were.. My guess.. Drugs..like the ex stated...she was calling DM for drugs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme