Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More remains found on Dellen Millard's property. :( LE not sure if animal or human yet.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9461211"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #7[/ame]

Oh my goodness I went out for the evening to relax and am just reading this new information. This is disturbing news and although it rarely happens, I find that I am at a loss for words to describe the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Laura we just found out that you were missing but I am fearful of what we are going to hear over the next few days.

That was my question too. The video really doesn't give much info. I have noticed a certain circle of friends have her on their friends list...

“In a city of 3 million people, where do you start?” he said. “We did the standard press release and put her picture out there… We followed the leads that we had.”

Now THAT really ticks me off! In 2012, the first place you look is facebook. And he sure sounds like he's lying about not being aware of the phone records!! *dislike*

Sorry, this isn't quoting the quote within the quote. I'm referring to the National Post quote of the detective, not a WS user.

And that referred to my previous post!! I need more practice. LOL

I think there is little chance these will be animal remains. I think 99% of what we are reading is strategically released information, and almost not worth analyzing
because of this. This is going to be another horrific chapter in SW Ontario 's criminal history. IMO.

Sorry, this isn't quoting the quote within the quote. I'm referring to the National Post quote of the detective, not a WS user.

And that referred to my previous post!! I need more practice. LOL

Lol... knew what you were referring to.

Bull pucky to the detective who is using this lame excuse for not putting any effort into finding Laura.

I think there is little chance these will be animal remains. I think 99% of what we are reading is strategically released information, and almost not worth analyzing
because of this. This is going to be another horrific chapter in SW Ontario 's criminal history. IMO.

Welcome to WS winkipinki!

My thinking is along the same lines as yours. If they even remotely thought they were animal remains, they would not have said anything (my opinion).

I know you're really mad at the TP right now, and I haven't seen a lot of things to recommend them so far, but I have to say again the same thing I say to all your posts like the above: we know her EX-boyfriend approached LE. We know he was mostly turned away due to not being family.

But did her family themselves push the matter? To me this seems a very important question before we decide to crucify someone's LE career in the court of public opinion.

So far her family isn't talking, and all online "missing" efforts were created by her friends. One of the main non-Facebook ones didn't even go up until she'd been missing for months. I would imagine LE everywhere has to prioritize missing-persons cases, and weigh in the balance whether they met with foul play or just took off, and when all they really had was a guy who presents to some as a jealous ex, I, just can't toss them under the bus yet.

In the FB group set-up by her BF he mentioned that LB's father would pay for any printing and travel costs related to distributing flyers so I have no doubt that her family (who live in a very upscale area of Etobicoke) were fully engaged in trying to find her and that if it required one of LB's blood relatives to file a police report in order for the TPS investigator to get off his butt I am sure that LB's family would have filed these police reports.

Anyway I don't buy the argument that only blood relatives can initiate a police investigation into a person's disappearance. There are people who have no family... only friends. When they disappear how do Toronto Police respond? Do they say "sorry no family around so we can't investigate"?

I suspect that LB's parents not only went to the police they probably took it for granted that TPS would do everything possible within their powers to bring their daughter home.

We now know that TPS did nothing beyond posting a PDF "missing person" report on their website (which has since been scrubbed off the site).

The investigator responsible and TPS in general all the way up to Bill Blair should be condemned in the strongest language possible ! People MUST be fired over this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro