Identified! Canada - Laurentian Hills, WhtMale 28-40, 334UMON, eyeglasses, Sep'01 - Name withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all, i'm new, please forgive me if i'm not doing this right.

I just stumbled upon this case. Upon reading about this poor man, I immediately thought he was from the UK. That is because having grown up in the eastern part of Canada, I remember that September was a time when a lot of travellers from the UK would visit Canada. Why? I couldnt tell you, but that was my experience.

I looked up information about pepe jeans, replay jeans, funamentals and Koh Sakai eyeglasses.

Pepe Jeans: originally from West London

Replay Jeans: originally from europe

Funadmentals: could really be from anywhere, there are so many brands named that.

Koh Sakai eyeglasses: I found an article from 1997 discussing a woman from South Africa who was selling the glasses in UK. They were a high end brand, and her glasses could retail at up to 200£. People would donate their old glasses to people in Africa (very nice.)

All that being said, I really started to believe this man might be from the UK, but I could be bias on that.

The problem is I am unable to locate any missing persons sights that would be helpful. Ive read through your posts and I see some people have mentiined a european connection, so maybe that angle has already been looked at. If anyone has a link to a good missing persons website in UK, I would be happy to search there.

Also, just to further note. This was before 9/11 so if this person brought caffeine pills or medication with them, it probably wouldnt have been an issue.

To quote the independant article:

"Eugene Grusiner is another optician who is campaigning to change the way her clients look. Her practice, the Eye Company in East Sheen (a second branch opens in Soho next month), has attracted a design-conscious bunch who not only change their glasses thanks to her advice but donate their old ones to help people in Africa. Her home town is Johannesburg, South Africa and, on her arrival 10 years ago, she thought London was the hippest place on earth. "Well, it was for clothes, and the shops were brilliant, but opticians were so boring; there was no originality, and no fun. Thank goodness it's changing," she says.

Grusiner is not a huge fan of the ultra-fashionable heavy tortoiseshell frames that dominate fashion, although she sells the Dolce & Gabbana, Alain Mikli and Paul Smith versions. Instead, the well designed smaller frames from brands such as Face A Face, LA Eyeworks, (Elton John wears them), Koh Sakai, Bada and Kata are favourites, especially now that technology means lenses can be*much slimmer and lighter in weight"

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/news/raise-your-glasses-1268733.html

May be nothing, bit thought i'd put it here anyway!

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/3374dmfra.html

Has this person been checked? The photo on the right on his doe pg is a dead ringer.

Indeed the missing person looks like the uid male, and his situation is compatible with a man who apparently traveled a fair bit, but unfortunately once again the height gets in the way of a potential match." Brett Stone " is approx. only 5'3''-4'' tall.
imo.
Thanks for your input and welcome to Ws!
Will keep eyes open for other matches for your suggestion.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/3374dmfra.html
attachment.php

Raphael Alabert
Missing since October 20, 1998 from Nice, France

• [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 182 cm
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue/grey eyes.
    [*]Marks, Scars: Scar on back of neck, under hair.

Attachments

• 3374DMFRA1.jpg
    3374DMFRA1.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 330
I saw that as well, but I wondered if maybe there might be some discrepancy for either? He looks just like him!

It's amazing how many people have missing doppelgangers on here.

I mentioned this man (Thomas Couch) on Lyle Stevik's thread, but it was suggested that he might be a potential match for this Doe as well.

Thomas' vital stats seem close to Laurentian Man's and the time line (Thomas went missing on 31st Aug 2001) fits perfectly.

The only difference is in eye colour - Laurentian Man's are blue, but Thomas' eyes are listed as brown. Could the eyes appear different after death, or does this basically rule Thomas out??

Anyway, here is his Namus profile - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/33133

One of the best facial matches I have seen on Websleuths

I mentioned this man (Thomas Couch) on Lyle Stevik's thread, but it was suggested that he might be a potential match for this Doe as well.

Thomas' vital stats seem close to Laurentian Man's and the time line (Thomas went missing on 31st Aug 2001) fits perfectly.

The only difference is in eye colour - Laurentian Man's are blue, but Thomas' eyes are listed as brown. Could the eyes appear different after death, or does this basically rule Thomas out??

Anyway, here is his Namus profile - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/33133
Worth a submit for sure!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

<rsbm>

It does not rule him out shadowdancer. My son had dark brown eyes but they were listed as blue on the autopsy report. When I asked, the coroner gave me an explanation as to possible changes of colour after death. Sorry, I have forgotten the explanation, but there was one.

Shadowdancer, I think this is very possible to be our JD.
I noticed that on Thomas's Namus page, it was just entered this year, so that could be why the match has never been made.

Has this been submitted? Can someone post a side-by-side? No clue how to on this laptop

This missing 16 year old is an unlikely but possible match, but only if the perp who claimed to kill him was not being truthful.
fwiw.
http://www.nampn.org/cases/lusher_jamie.html
attachment.php

Missing Since: November 06, 1992 from Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts

Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: October 15, 1976
Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White

Attachments

• lusher_jamie.jpg
    lusher_jamie.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 156

To me this man seems a little far fetched due to the circumstances of his life prior to going missing. Thomas Couch is missing from a now closed mental health facility. This is a facility that closed because of patient neglect, substandard care and 21 deaths over a span of 3 years. You can almost draw your own conclusions about what may have happened to him living in that scenario.

I would also question how he would be able to navigate himself all the way into Canada, crossing the border and then making it into the very remote corner of Algonquin park that he was found in. Where would he have acquired all of the international items that he had?

He had an aquamarine birth stone, and aquamarine is the birthstone for March, so I wonder if he was born in March.
Since he had items from a hotel in Vancouver and a hotel in Toronto, and since he was found in Ontario, I think it's likely that he visited Vancouver prior to visiting Toronto, so maybe he was from the west coast. If he was from overseas, he could have been from Australia or New Zealand; someone from one of those countries might be more likely to start a tour of Canada on the west coast.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back