CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What are the nationality of the surnames Buziak and Prokop?

What is the real Estate industry like in Canada or in that area?

Respectfully snipped,

Belatedly, from the info on Ancestry.com, Buziak appears to be Polish. > http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/...MSAV=0&msT=1&gss=genfact&gsln=Buziak&uidh=000 >> and Prokop looks to be a sort of Central Powers surname with emigres from Austria, Hungary, Germany Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia. http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/...MSAV=0&msT=1&gss=genfact&gsln=Prokop&uidh=000. This case really drives me nuts.....To me, there seems enough evidence to have already convicted someone.....:banghead:

I am sorry if I am not posting this in the right area as I am new to WS. I searched but could not find anything about the Victoria agent killed while showing a vacant home. I am posting a website that her father has detailed all the info along with the dateline episode and more info here:

http://lindsaybuziakmurder.com/

Lindsay was killed in 2008 at the case is still active.

I am sorry if I am not posting this in the right area as I am new to WS. I searched but could not find anything about the Victoria agent killed while showing a vacant home. I am posting a website that her father has detailed all the info along with the dateline episode and more info here:

http://lindsaybuziakmurder.com/

Lindsay was killed in 2008 at the case is still active.

Welcome to Ws 1 CalgaryGal!

:welcome:

A young attractive Real Estate Agent gets a call; someone asking specifically for her, to show a million dollar house. Her BS meter went off but there was a potential five figure payoff, so despite the misgivings she expressed to her boyfriend, she met her "clients" at the house and they ( a middle aged couple) viciously killed her. It turned out the call was made from Vancouver with an untraceable throwaway cell phone.

Lindsay did have some sketchy friends who had been involved in drugs and such, but no motive for murder could be found. The most likeliest explanation was that this was was some sort of a sex/thrill killing where the perps had no ties to either the victim or the crime scene. A sort of "perfect murder".

In the States, realtors can't show a house unless the prospect goes into the office and has their photo I.d. Photocopied. At this point, there are no leads the case has gone cold.

Thanks dotr- This case hits close to home for me as I have been an agent in Calgary for many years. I am now on the hunt for a beaconing device to at the very least alert someone if and when I am ever in danger. I have met my fair share of odd people over the years and when I have that odd feeling about someone I just don't bother with them. I often will refer them to a male agent to deal with .

In the States, realtors can't show a house unless the prospect goes into the office and has their photo I.d. Photocopied. At this point, there are no leads the case has gone cold.

Actually that is not a mandatory requirement - it is often up to the agent to decide how to deal with the prospective client

I suppose almost anything is possible in this case, but police usually look at the people closest to the victim first and a knife almost always reflects a strong personal emotional motivation......

The knife was a quiet weapon used in the city. Gun shot would be loud unless silencer used but the killers prob didn't want to be caught with any of this. Knives are cheap and not easily traced. 2 people with a knife could easily take down a lone woman.

Chevy Stevens, a Canadian author wrote a chilling novel called Still Missing about a realtor who disappears.

Chevy Stevens, a Canadian author wrote a chilling novel called Still Missing about a realtor who disappears.
Chevy Stevens is a great author and I think anyone who reads here would enjoy that novel as well as another by Chevy, Never Knowing

Lindsay Buziak's family looking for answers 7 years later
"It’s been seven years since she was brutally murdered, and despite the passage of time, Jeff Buziak’s voice still shakes a little when he talks about his daughter’s death."

Celebration of life planned
"As he did last year, Jeff Buziak has travelled to Victoria from his home in Calgary to lead the annual Lindsay Buziak Walk for Justice on the anniversary of her death.​"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/lindsay-buziak-s-family-looking-for-answers-7-years-later-1.2939304

Bumping for Lindsay..
Feb 2015
rbbm.

"Lindsay Buziak, 24, was lured to the $1-million home for sale at 1702 De Sousa Pl. by a man and woman posing as homebuyers. She was stabbed repeatedly in an upstairs bedroom in what police say was a sophisticated contract killing.

Police said whoever lured Lindsay to the home called her using a cellphone purchased in Vancouver and disconnected shortly after the murder. Detectives have never said publicly why Buziak was targeted.

A team of Saanich police investigators continues to work on the case and the department insists the trail has not gone cold.

Jeff Buziak has had private investigators probe the case, while Lindsay Buziak’s mother, Evelyn Reitmayer, has offered a $100,000 reward."
- See more at: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/l...action-on-case-1.1749826#sthash.X7cy7LcB.dpuf

I remember hearing about this all the way over in Australia when it happened. I can't believe it still hasn't been solved.

I remember hearing about this all the way over in Australia when it happened. I can't believe it still hasn't been solved.

Welcome to Ws Odileth, it is nice to have people from all over the world posting here!

:welcome6:

If those people could brutally murder Lindsay in cold blood, is it not possible that they have done something like that before, and might do it again?
Any chance the perps might be remorseful now?
imo, speculation.

A fascinating Australian podcast about Lindsay Buziak has just been released.

ETA: The lead detective on the case listened to the podcast before it was released, and is interviewed at the end of the podcast.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/casefile-true-crime/id998568017?mt=2&i=373804881

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EXCELLENT OVERVIEW! Where do you find a mom to spend millions on you like that???? (Referring to the amounts the podcast claims Jason's mother spent on homes for them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again, Mrs Threadgoode! Really, a better-than-average podcast, good info and quality speculation.

I haven't had time to listen to the podcast, so this may or may not be additional information (February 2, 2016 article):

Buziak Bombshell: Victim’s father says he knows who killed his daughter

[...]

But in a stunning development, Jeff Buziak claims he not only knows who killed his daughter — he’s says he was threatened by them this week.

“Two days ago I was confronted by one of the people involved in Lindsay’s murder,” Buziak alleges. “They bullied me, intimidated me, called me down, used profanity, threatened me with physical violence and the police were called.”

Buziak says there was also an incident at the Victoria Courthouse on Monday involving a drug dealer with a long and violent criminal record who he says knows who killed his daughter.

“It was a group of local ****s that decided they want to put out a message for people who squawk on them so they singled out my daughter and slaughtered her,” Buziak says.

Saanich Police won’t comment on whether the people Buziak thinks killed his daughter are suspects or persons of interest. The investigation is still an active one and police say they’re doing everything they can to bring the killers to justice.

[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo